I have two questions about the ACE mod.

1, does the CBU altitude burst feature work, and if so how? I've tried setting it on some very different heights, and it doesn't seem to affect the burst altitude at all.

2, do you plan to possibly make the CCRP available for GBUs as well as dumb bombs? IRL it's used that way to make sure that the bomb will fall close enough to the laser designation not to miss it, and I think it'd really help, apart from being realistic.

Since the past couple of days, I've had a bizarre problem on ACE servers, but I can't quite get the bead on what's causing it. It also happens to three of my friends, and today I witnessed a couple of random people on a Domination public server complaining about it, too.

Quite simply, no gun whatsoever has a range of more than about 20 or so meters -- after that point, the bullets hit an invisible wall and stop traveling.

I just did a clean reinstall of Operation Arrowhead (Didn't bother with regular ARMA 2, since it should be completely untouched), and it didn't help at all. My friend also reinstalled his to no avail, so we're running out of ideas -- perhaps it's a bug introduced by some recent update?

It happens *only* on ACE servers -- vanilla servers and servers running other mods aren't affected. Needless to say I'd want to resolve this ASAP as it makes the game pretty much unplayable.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not Fade so no need to suggest that.

Edited by Burneddi

Since the past couple of days, I've had a bizarre problem on ACE servers, but I can't quite get the bead on what's causing it. It also happens to three of my friends, and today I witnessed a couple of random people on a Domination public server complaining about it, too.

Quite simply, no gun whatsoever has a range of more than about 20 or so meters -- after that point, the bullets hit an invisible wall and stop traveling.

I just did a clean reinstall of Operation Arrowhead (Didn't bother with regular ARMA 2, since it should be completely untouched), and it didn't help at all. My friend also reinstalled his to no avail, so we're running out of ideas -- perhaps it's a bug introduced by some recent update?

It happens *only* on ACE servers -- vanilla servers and servers running other mods aren't affected. Needless to say I'd want to resolve this ASAP as it makes the game pretty much unplayable.

Does it happen with custom weapons? Might be a case of conflicting mods :confused:

Does it happen with custom weapons? Might be a case of conflicting mods :confused:

It seems to happen with every weapon. I've tried ones added by ACE (eg. the HK416 series), and ones that are in original ARMA, and both have the same problem.

It also happens when only ACE and CBA are active (full list: @CBA, @CBA_OA, @CBA_A2, @ACE, @ACEX_RU, @ACEX_SM, @ACEX_USNAVY), so I'm not sure what on earth could conflict between those.

It also only happens in multiplayer. Singleplayer ACE works completely fine, which is weird.

Edited by Burneddi

The servers you have played on have not updated to the latest ACE or they have and you have NOT updated to the latest ACE.

There was a change to ACE wind, both on the server and the clients. If either one is not updated then you are going to get really strange behavior. Make sure that you are updated and bug server admins if they are not updating!!!

It happens with all weapons, it seems. I've tried ones added by ACE, and ones that are in the game by default, and they all share the same problem.

It doesn't happen in single player ACE, which is weird. Only multiplayer is affected, but it seems to affect every single server, map and mission.

The servers you have played on have not updated to the latest ACE or they have and you have NOT updated to the latest ACE.

There was a change to ACE wind, both on the server and the clients. If either one is not updated then you are going to get really strange behavior. Make sure that you are updated and bug server admins if they are not updating!!!

Oh, that would make sense, yeah, especially how it doesn't happen in single player. I've installed using Six Updater (and my friend with Play WithSIX), I had assumed they would keep me up to date. What is the newest ACE revision?

E: Indeed, it works on servers that are running ACE revision 575. The problem is finding them -- not all the servers have the version in their name :P. Thanks, Nouber!

Edited by Burneddi

How do I disable the jerrycans in vehicles? We experience some issues with a great amount of jerrycans being spawned and would like to disable this feature to test if it causes ACE menu lag. Thanks in advance!

The CBA download links are really out of date on your official website.

I don't want to have to use PWS or SixUpdater to download a mod.

Gossamer....

Before you pass judgement on SIX Updater (not launcher... don't like that one at all...), have you used it? I was of the same opinion until recently. However, SIX really is an extremely powerful and useful way to manage and launch ArmA with addons. I wouldn't NOT use it, now.

Yes, addons are from time to time out of date with SIX but this does not stop you from installing and using mods as local installations.

Making someone download a program just for a mod is not something that would fly in most communities, although I am now well-used to SixUpdater and wouldn't want to go back to the old days.

CBA in particular is so small and doesn't update that frequently. It should be available in other ways.

The CBA download links are really out of date on your official website.

I don't want to have to use PWS or SixUpdater to download a mod.

That's up to you.
Making someone download a program just for a mod is not something that would fly in most communities, although I am now well-used to SixUpdater and wouldn't want to go back to the old days.

CBA in particular is so small and doesn't update that frequently. It should be available in other ways.

And it is and has always been. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO&p=2179010&viewfull=1#post2179010

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30318

There's still no new official release.

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Yes, addons are from time to time out of date with SIX but this does not stop you from installing and using mods as local installations.
ACE and CBA addons will always be the newest on the SIX Updater Network because it's part of the Release pipeline.

In case of other mods, please let us know and we'll deal with it asap; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_requests

Thanks!

~ADDED: Client to server and to receiver event system

So... Do i presume correctly presume we'll have less desync or is it just a fantastic thingamajig for internal use? :P

So... Do i presume correctly presume we'll have less desync or is it just a fantastic thingamajig for internal use? :P

Desync is something which only BI can fix. The new system is there to streamline our own network traffic but it is not beeing used yet (currently all the ACE network data, quite a lot, is broadcasted over one normal publicVariable thus always broadcasted to all clients/server, the new system changes that as it sends data only to one receiver).

Xeno

Yes

81mm M253, 900m, 1331 mils is set, charge 1 set, round info shows +1 per range table so it is setting correctly. Same goes for the 60mm. Always way long. I am firing at a level target so it is not a matter or altitude difference.

Laser ranged and double checked with the map (distance is just shy of 1 full grid which is 1000m)

A good vid would help, know of any?... not the 3 hour kind that goes thru all the military jargon.

I am having the same problems with distance/elevation. I am good with the explanation posted here on aligning the mortar in the right direction up until this point:

To align elevation, you simply need to input the appropriate elevation into the elevation setting on the gunsight. Then use the "Barrel Elevation" bubble-level to align the barrel properly. (The bubble levels look like this: |---|o|---| , and yes, I do mean a bubble level, like the one used for carpentry and etc.)

I think I am doing the first part correctly but while doing that it seems to mess with the bubble-level and I don't know how to align it properly without changing elevation.

It also seems to me that anything I fire with charge 0 works fine but if I try to go charge 1 or above it is always way long.

The best way to learn arty is from someone else in MP. I can't think what you could be doing wrong from here. It puzzles me because the elevation is the really easy part, and most people get hung up on the deflection.

Try using a preset mortar instead of a deployed one and see if you can get the elevation right with high charges there.

1. Calculate distance to target

2. look at the elevation chart to see the needed charge and elevation.

3. Input elevation

4. Use Arrow up or arrow down to center the bubble (might take some time, hold shift to move the mortar faster)

Where is the vehicle lift scripts located?

-----everything's okay-------

Edited by Isola

Is the M47 Dragon sight missing or is it now in a different ammo box? Playing on Dom it no longer seems to be available.

Just a follow up, this was related to running the latest AMRA Betas. To whom it may concern. Non beta play fixed it.

The best way to learn arty is from someone else in MP. I can't think what you could be doing wrong from here. It puzzles me because the elevation is the really easy part, and most people get hung up on the deflection.

Try using a preset mortar instead of a deployed one and see if you can get the elevation right with high charges there.

I am using a preset mortar. I'm tempted to try a deployed one instead!!

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

1. Calculate distance to target

2. look at the elevation chart to see the needed charge and elevation.

3. Input elevation

4. Use Arrow up or arrow down to center the bubble (might take some time, hold shift to move the mortar faster)

Still doesn't work. With charge 1 HE and highest elevation setting I can put on the mortar the rounds are still probably going 1000m or more than they should be. They should be going about 400m.

Could it have something to do with the island I'm using? I'm using 29 Palms and I just placed weapon boxes and mortars on the map myself in the editor.

Are you sure you are using the right tables?

Are you SURE you are using the bubble level correctly?

You adjust the bubble first, using the elevation buttons, the level should look like |o---|-|----| or something where the bubble is all the way to one side. Then you adjust the tube using the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard till the bubble is centered again.

But yea, make sure you are using the right tables! If you are using the M224 then the tables for the M252 will be all wrong, etc.

Are you sure you are using the right tables?

Are you SURE you are using the bubble level correctly?

You adjust the bubble first, using the elevation buttons, the level should look like |o---|-|----| or something where the bubble is all the way to one side. Then you adjust the tube using the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard till the bubble is centered again.

But yea, make sure you are using the right tables! If you are using the M224 then the tables for the M252 will be all wrong, etc.

I think I am adjusting the bubbles correctly although there are two bubble levels so slightly confused. The elevation messes with the one bubble and the up down arrow keys mess with the other bubble (optical I think it is called - not looking at it right now in game).

About the only thing I can think of is that I'm using the wrong tables but I am grabbing the tables directly from the mortar so I just assumed they are correct. I will have to double check that. Are all the tables in the Magic Box and shouldn't the table grabbed from the mortar itself be the correct one?

I think I am adjusting the bubbles correctly although there are two bubble levels so slightly confused. The elevation messes with the one bubble and the up down arrow keys mess with the other bubble (optical I think it is called - not looking at it right now in game).

About the only thing I can think of is that I'm using the wrong tables but I am grabbing the tables directly from the mortar so I just assumed they are correct. I will have to double check that. Are all the tables in the Magic Box and shouldn't the table grabbed from the mortar itself be the correct one?

You are going for the wrong bubble I think.

Watch this

Not sure why there are two bubble levels now... The optic doesn't need one... Ignore it....