Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

:D

Thanks.

With rest of config variables. For example in init.sqf. Just paste all this as is. Ah. Like I said, very soon, in 1.1, there will be not neccesary these: RHQB_Support = RHQ_Support;

RHQC_Support = RHQ_Support;

Curious. I have pasted all the Arrays in the Init.sqf, but HAC doesn´t take Command over the Units.

USMC Units work fine, but all others don´t. I´m using 1.1 Alpha 4 btw.

EDIT : RHQ_SubAll was needed to be changed from false to true.

Edited by Humvee28

Could you paste here yours init.sqf?

EDIT: So works? Great then. :)

Edited by Rydygier

News:

Code is complete, waiting for some manual language improvements and for MSO module, this may take some time. So meanwhile final tests underway. Tried scenario with all eight commanders on Chernarus map. I did not notice any FPS drop. Only issuing orders in each cycle takes longer for Leaders.

What is LCMU? And why is this forum so quiet now?
Brown: show occupied defensive positions. rec - reconnaissance, air – air units, LMCU - „land

mobile combat unitsâ€;

And I think Rydygier RL as finally catched some steam, which in the current days can only mean good. :)

This system could be used to make a new (more realistic) form of warfare (IE no factories producing units - but reinforcements coming in scripted would be awesome - territorial based (IE the more territory gained the quicker the reinforcements to cover guarded areas. Has unlimited possibilities. Also it could be a very challenging single player or multiplayer scenario have a civilian farmer as the enemy commander herding some goats..hunt for Omana Bin Herdin:P

Edited by Jingle

LCMU = Land Combat Mobile Unit. Haven't better idea how to name this kind of units. :) Means all except air, naval, static and unarmed. Is quiet, because my work with 1.1 is done, waiting for MSO module, that will be included in my release and for manual corrections. Anyway HAC 1.1 will be released about 12 February even, if manual or module will still not ready...

I am betting a lot on this mod too. Some people are already integrating it with DAC for reinforcements purposes, skim through the thread for that...

Not so easy to kill HETMAN. :)

For know I can say, that there is good chance, that manual corrections will be ready before "deadline" and if not, well, one day more should be fine too. I know, that this is important, because my English language "skills" makes, that often instructions written by me require instructions to understand them. :)

Many thanks for the wonderful addon Ryd, I've been enjoying it immensely! Messing around with the Alpha's now and I'm astounded by the number of improvements. The demo just had far too many units for my computer to handle with decent framerates, but the performance looks good with less units.

On a side note, I posted a full config of US, BAF, Tak Army and Militia in the Hac custom config thread. Hopefully it can save someone some time.

Great. Thanks for RHQ configs. :) After 1.1 release (any day) RHQ config will become shorter, there will be reminder about that with new rules (already somewhere mentioned) in HAC custom config thread.

Some people are already integrating it with DAC for reinforcements purposes

I have a couple of beta missions near to test release stage which use DAC in different ways - one just to keep supplying troops, another where additional camps can be activated to supply reinforcements &/or activate guerilla or resistance units when triggerd in various ways.

Have been delayed for 3 weeks because currently still repairing system & data damage due to some very nasty variant of Win32.Heur, & catching up on work. Didn't get CO properly functioning again until yesterday evening. Hope to recruit some testers next weekend or shortly thereafter.

I have a third at a very early stage which will allow an embattled leader to escape capture by 'retreating' to another, newly activated DAC zone; the position of which will be chosen at random from a list of preselected, nearby locations. The attacking leader & a fresh camp are installed at the newly-conquered site leaving a garrison at the original camp.

This could make for long missions which are more like a dynamic campaign, with unpredictability in camp locations & randomness in troop spawning & reinforcement availability (on both sides) giving significant replay potential - if I can get it to work :) Also, I want some combinations of the randomising factors to lead to the player's side occasionally losing the whole 'campaign', unless the player takes drastic, independent action.

BR

Orcinus

That sounds pretty epic stuff Orcinus. Looking forward to giving it a play through!

1.1 Released (see first post)...

Yes, as far, as I know incorporating HAC 1.1 code into MSO is underway. When it will be ready - I will prepare some "hotfix" HAC 1.1 release with MSO included by courtesy of its creators.

Apologies for not getting the MSO module for HAC ready in time for this release. The MSO team is getting hammered by RL work at the mo and Tupolov is currently our of the country, so it'll be a week or two before we can update it. Meanwhile the work that Orcinus is doing on large scale dynamic HAC/DAC battles looks awesome.

Nay, there is no reason to apologize. I know, life is...

. :) Also I did not have enough time to prepare code for MSO as should be.

Orcinus doing great job indeed, with HAC and with HAC manual too.