Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

After a quick test, this looks great!!

A quick question after seeing some new options in new init field:

//RydHQ_Order = "DEFEND"; (other option is attack?)

//RydHQB_Order = "DEFEND";?

RydHQ_MAtt = true; ?

RydHQB_MAtt = true;?

RydHQB_SubAll = true;

//RydHQB_SubSynchro = true; ?

//RydHQB_SubNamed = true; ?

//RydHQ_NameLimit = 110;>

//RydHQB_Included = [g1];?

//RydHQB_ExcludedG = [g0];?

//RydHQ_ResetOnDemand = true; ?

Edit:

Observations:

- Love the comminications with human squad leadrers and markers showing where other squads moving to.

- Transport. I have placed some trucks with drivers and they seem to be moving all over map but are not carrying in squads? Squads still hiking 2-3 kms on foot.

- East armor works great. But for some reason with 3.1 West armor seems frozen, will not move during battle from position. WIll test it a bit more.

- Issue with ASR AI? I have downloaded ASR yesterday, and with ASR my squad (I am squad leader) seem to freez and not want to move. Anyone else having issue with ASR?

WIll do more testing but looks great so far.

Certainly this mod is moving in right direction

Edited by CaptainBravo

//RydHQ_Order = "DEFEND"; (other option is attack?)

//RydHQB_Order = "DEFEND";?

Possible also "DEFEND", then leaderHQ will stay in defend mode regardless of morale or losses. Other, than "DEFEND" means normal mode. "B" means always same, for "B" side.

RydHQ_MAtt = true; ?

RydHQB_MAtt = true;?

For setting personality manually.

//RydHQB_SubSynchro = true; ?

Optional limited HAC control mode - HAC will control only groups synchronized with leaderHQ if true.

//RydHQB_SubNamed = true; ?

As above, but will control only groups, which leaders have certain names ("Ryd" or "RydB" with number up to 100, eg. "Ryd55" or see below...)

//RydHQ_NameLimit = 110;>

...or to greater number if this is set with it.

//RydHQB_Included = [g1];?

Third limited control mode, only groups (their names, not names of their leaders!) included in this array will be controlled by HAC. All limited modes are not exclusive, so you can combine them.

//RydHQB_ExcludedG = [g0];?

Additional way to exclude chosen groups by adding their names in this array. Comaptibile with limited control mode (old excluded array with leaders names is compatibile only with "SubAll" control mode, that is normal, unlimited mode)

//RydHQ_ResetOnDemand = true; ?

If true, reset will occurs only, when specific variable will be set to true;

- Transport. I have placed some trucks with drivers and they seem to be moving all over map but are not carrying in squads? Squads still hiking 2-3 kms on foot.

Hmm. Maybe place on map "HC command" module and during test use "ctrl" + "space". Then you will see HC markers and, after some seconds, also blue lines for waypoint routes. It is good way to control, to where what is moving. Maybe these trucks are moving to other groups as assigned to them cargo? I do not know, will check, when trucks may be moved by HAC... With what markers are marked those trucks movements? It is valuable info for bugtracking.

Great addon, and a good reason for my first post here :). I don't know why something like this this isn't buit-in in any Arma version, this is exactly what I'm searching for since I bought Arma II.

I already made a lot of testing and noticed a few things:

- Behaviours like "Safe" and "Careless" cause units to walk, not run.

Looking at the scripts I also see that you use "Limited" speed mode. It takes a long time sometimes until units reach their target this way.

- In my mission I'm a team leader, with the following init:

RydHQB_FirstToFight = [group this];
RydHQAOnly = [group this];
RydHQ_NoFlank = [group this];
RydHQ_NoDef = [group this];

But I only get recon tasks everytime (and always at the same position).

- East armor works great. But for some reason with 3.1 West armor seems frozen, will not move during battle from position. WIll test it a bit more.

- Issue with ASR AI? I have downloaded ASR yesterday, and with ASR my squad (I am squad leader) seem to freez and not want to move. Anyone else having issue with ASR?

"Freeze" in terms of not receiving waypoint orders (by how long), or literally freeze with no animation etc? And without other addons? Without HAC this units behave normally?

Freez as in soldeirs standing in their position and not moving. I do get orders. This happens with ASR during combat with enemy.But so far did not happen without ASR AI.

Also with latest version, I seem to only get recon missions all way near enemy base early in the game. I have restarted mission 3 times and always getting recon. I also have first to fight in init field. SO Ithought maybe I missed a setting config ?

simple question about syntax bit is it RydHQB_FirstToFight = ([wa1, wa2, wa3]); or RydHQB_FirstToFight = [wa1, wa2, wa3];

Edited by CaptainBravo

In the demo mission to get opfor to only defend, is this rydHQinit.sqf file correct?

If (isNil ("RydHQ_Wait")) then {RydHQ_Wait = 15};

sleep RydHQ_Wait;

if (isNil ("leaderHQ")) exitwith {};

RydHQ_Surrender = false;

RydHQB_Surrender = false;

RydHQ_Done = true;

RydHQB_Done = true;

RydHQB_Order = “DEFENDâ€;

if (isNil ("RydHQ_Debug")) then {RydHQ_Debug = false} else {RydHQ_Debug = true};

if (isNil ("RydHQB_Debug")) then {RydHQB_Debug = false} else {RydHQB_Debug = true};

if not (isNil ("leaderHQ")) then {nul = [] execVM "A\HQSitRep.sqf"};

sleep 10;

if not (isNil ("leaderHQB")) then {nul = [] execVM "B\HQSitRepB.sqf"};

for some reason opfor is still moving forward.

So welcome on forum then, Astrosammy. :)

- Behaviours like "Safe" and "Careless" cause units to walk, not run.

Looking at the scripts I also see that you use "Limited" speed mode. It takes a long time sometimes until units reach their target this way.

Yes. Exactly this was requested for realism and to much fatigue at target position reasons. Initially troops ran everywhere, now they are running only sometimes. :)

- In my mission I'm a team leader, with the following init:

RydHQB_FirstToFight = [group this];
RydHQAOnly = [group this];
RydHQ_NoFlank = [group this];
RydHQ_NoDef = [group this];

But I only get recon tasks everytime (and always at the same position).

Hmm. So maybe try this init instead:

MyGroup = group this;
RydHQB_FirstToFight = [MyGroup];
RydHQAOnly = [MyGroup];
RydHQ_NoFlank = [MyGroup];
RydHQ_NoDef = [MyGroup];

I tested this way and worked fine... I will check this anyway. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Freez as in soldeirs standing in their position and not moving. I do get orders. This happens with ASR during combat with enemy.But so far did not happen without ASR AI.

So it is not HAC then... Try to test with HAC only, without any other addons.

Also with latest version, I seem to only get recon missions all way near enemy base early in the game. I have restarted mission 3 times and always getting recon. I also have first to fight in init field. SO Ithought maybe I missed a setting config ?

Well, HAC nearly always start with recon in his objective area, for info gathering, and this is wise, I think. What group is chosen, depends on groups positions and category. About config...

simple question about syntax bit is it RydHQB_FirstToFight = ([wa1, wa2, wa3]); or RydHQB_FirstToFight = [wa1, wa2, wa3];

Two things: RydHQB_ is for "B" side, for "A" side (leaderHQ's side) it is always RydHQ_Something. This is general rule. Nearly all variables has their equivalents for second side. Also this particulary variable will not prevent from recon orders. It prevents from designating groups for reserve. Second syntax is sufficient, if "wa" are names of groups, not leaders of groups.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

In the demo mission to get opfor to only defend, is this rydHQinit.sqf file correct?

for some reason opfor is still moving forward.

It is HAC 1.0 beta2 code? Try newest HAC 1.1 alpha 3.1. It is still WIP, but for sure more stable and better. First: do not edit these files unless you are absolutelly sure, what you are doing. There is no need to put config in RydHQInit (still is possible). Config better put for example into init.sqf.

About this:

RydHQ_Surrender = false;
RydHQB_Surrender = false;
RydHQ_Done = true;
RydHQB_Done = true;
RydHQB_Order = “DEFENDâ€;

I'm not sure, but I think, that even kind of quotes is important. Try to use simply "" instead “â€. You copied&pasted this from manual, isn't? Must prepare better manual for 1.1... If this not help, then hmm... :)

PS. In 1.0 version this: RydHQ_Surrender = false;RydHQB_Surrender = false; will do nothing. Surrendering is optional from alpha 3 version.

Edited by Rydygier

Hmm. So maybe try this init instead:

MyGroup = group this;
RydHQB_FirstToFight = [MyGroup];
RydHQAOnly = [MyGroup];
RydHQ_NoFlank = [MyGroup];
RydHQ_NoDef = [MyGroup];

I tested this way and worked fine... I will check this anyway. Thanks

w1 = group this;

RydHQB_FirstToFight = [w1];

RydHQAOnly = [w1];

RydHQ_NoFlank = [w1];

RydHQ_NoDef = [w1];

I have this init field for my squad and I am still getting only recon mission near enemy base no matter which squad I select. w1 is group name of squad

Two errors here, now I see:

w1 = group this;

RydHQB_FirstToFight = [w1];

RydHQAOnly = [w1];

RydHQ_NoFlank = [w1];

RydHQ_NoDef = [w1];

Should be for "A" side:

w1 = group this;
RydH[color="Red"]Q_[/color]FirstToFight = [w1];
RydHQ[color="Red"]_[/color]AOnly = [w1];
RydHQ_NoFlank = [w1];
RydHQ_NoDef = [w1];

My mistake, of course. Yesterday listed new variables in hurry, now are corrected with lacking "_" nad "B" removed. Sorry, folks.

Edited by Rydygier

alpha = group this;

RydHQ_FirstToFight = [alpha];

RydHQ_AOnly = [alpha];

This seems to work better ("_" was missing). But I still don't get into the battle as soon as the mission starts.

First there's a marker with the text "HOLD POSITION", and after a few minutes I get a task to move to the enemy. Shoudn't "FirstToFight" mean that I get such a task right when HAC is starting?

This seems to work better ("_" was missing). But I still don't get into the battle as soon as the mission starts.

Well. Nothing will ensure that, I'm affraid. Waiting is part of war. HAC has his own plan and act accordingly. So usually recon first, unless enemy is sighted at start (try to place some groups of both sides in way that they may see each other - action will arise sooner). FirstToFight only guarantee, that you will not stuck behind front as reserve on some stupid patrol mission or on guarding empty road forever. :) But if you still get "hold position" order, then probably something is wrong. It is order for reserve only... Will check this.... and I think, that I found problem with FtF & reserve orders. This will be fixed. You can mark out a bug hunted down. :) Still, RtR rather never will work this way, that chosen group will be sended to attack right away regardless anything... first HAC must to know, if there is someone to be attacked and then will choose, which group will deal with this. FtF guarantee, that you will be amongst units, from which HAC is choosing for attack mission, that is all.

EDIT: In fact HAC may even stay with this idle orders for FtF groups, this missions can be and will be interrupted in any moment. Most important, that unit is in "attack available" pool.

Edited by Rydygier

Well usually it takes around four minutes. No problem for me.

I placed some empty vehicles in my mission, and got a task to get into one of them. Nice feature! :thumb:

I just read and learn very interesting ways in which it might be possible to significantly improve the performance of HAC code.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=130328

Also I must say, that first tests with voice notifications are very promising. I like it. But, when HQ reports, you can easily get a heart attack, It's so sudden... :) Especially with great JSRS audio mod (yes, it covers this voices, beacuse they are Arma-generic). Must do something about this.

Edited by Rydygier

In 1.01 I didnt have problem with my squad frozen even if I had GL4, Zeus and ASR AI addons. I didnt have time to check out latest alpha.

Anyway, would it be possible to add option for HAC to skip defined number of cycles? I mean HAC will only act every 2nd or 3rd cycle. There could be an option for mission maker to set how many cycles are skipped. This way it would be possible to control how dynamic is the battlefield, also it could be used to fine tune HAC so it wont impact CPU too much.

Waiting is part of war.

Yep. Sitting in a Cobra as Gunner, while Tanks and LAV´s rolling out. Time for some Cigarettes, and enjoying the nice Weather in Chernarus, waiting for Orders. Patience ftw! :D

With is pretty much like in real life. Damn lazy flyboys :p.

BTW: Does HAC control UAV? It could use them for recon only, pretty interesting concept.

Edited by Taro8

Hmm UAV for recon would be cool.

I just had a epic battle between CDF and Russia (just watched as civilian) around Vybor. I'll try to put some artillery and respawn in, try to find a way to take screenshots every minute or so, and just let it run overnight to see the results of hours of fighting... :D

Fraps supports repeating screenshots. Most likely your HD would be full after leaving game overnight, but nice idea there.

After a bit of testing last night, I had a significant lag half way through the mission. This is with the latest alpha release. With the early versions it ran smmoth. So I am guessing there are more commands running in latest version.

I had roughly 400 units on map.

This is with ACE on Chenarus map.

After a bit of testing last night, I had a significant lag half way through the mission. This is with the latest alpha release. With the early versions it ran smmoth. So I am guessing there are more commands running in latest version.

I had roughly 400 units on map.

This is with ACE on Chenarus map.

I had the same Issue, and i had only 30-40 Units on the Map. Doesn´t really noticed it first, until i had used Mando Missiles. Movement of Missile Cameras was updated after every 2-3 Seconds, which results in massive Lag.

BTW: Does HAC control UAV? It could use them for recon only, pretty interesting concept.

I have only very small experience with UAV usage, so effect is unknown, anyway HAC treats UAV as non-combat air unit so, I suppose, will use them only as recon if there is no any other groups including infantry (same, as eg tanks).

Use of RHQ_Recon = ["MQ9PredatorB","Pchela1T"]; will not help much, beacuse HAC almost never sends on regular recon/combat mission units without ammo (maybe is possible to add some magazines to UAV by init script however?).

However.

As I said, do not know UAVs to well. For example I do not know, if UAV will do anything without UAV module on map (especially if without synchronization with this module UAV can to see anything on map).

These are all guesses. The truth is that I have not tested the use of UAVs. I do not know even whether, as unmanned, are themselves counted as a unit and group. I will try to find time for some tests.

PS. Of course if someone will set up UAV with module and terminal and will to use it for recon, it will affects HAC decision if: beacuse of UAV recon is rising used in scripts knowledge factor about units on map (without it, if UAV gives only visual look on battlefield, it is completely useless for HAC AI), and if this info is transmitted to HAC (I suppose, at least UAV should be "excluded" from HAC, mayby also its controller (player), but there is a variable to set sending recon info to HAC also from excluded allies.)

After a bit of testing last night, I had a significant lag half way through the mission. This is with the latest alpha release.

Are you talking about HAC alpha, or ASR alpha, I'm not sure?

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Anyway, would it be possible to add option for HAC to skip defined number of cycles? I mean HAC will only act every 2nd or 3rd cycle. There could be an option for mission maker to set how many cycles are skipped. This way it would be possible to control how dynamic is the battlefield, also it could be used to fine tune HAC so it wont impact CPU too much.

Actualy latelly added cycle counter, so probably it is possible, it is good idea, will try to implement this.

Edited by Rydygier

The lag happened with latest HAC alpha release. ASR was removed for testing. same mission was running smooth prior to alpha.

ON a side note: I have the enemy bases 4-5 kms apart and the infantry is still choosing to walk instead of taking a truck. I have both empty trucks and trucks with drivers near squads and they still walk 4-5 kms. Am I missing a setting that I need to configure?

ON a side note: I have the enemy bases 4-5 kms apart and the infantry is still choosing to walk instead of taking a truck. I have both empty trucks and trucks with drivers near squads and they still walk 4-5 kms. Am I missing a setting that I need to configure?

Always try to notice, what kind of mission is this (markers are usefull for this purpose). Without this info can only guess, that perhaps this was recon mission (red dot with "Rec A" or "Rec B"). For such missions cargo will be not assigned (recon is based on stealthy approach, and vehicle is very easy to spot from far distances). Or some "idle mission" (red markers, half-transparent and smaller dots with "Res"). I assume, that RydHQ_CargoFind (or RydHQB_ for B side) is definded with positive number. Really good idea is also to use HC module on map and "ctr + space" during test. This gives very useful info about designated routes and waypoints.

Also, if you will test on vanilla maps/units, then I'm able to recreate given problem by playing your mission, which is always better, than only problem description. Then there is far greater possiblity, that I find problem and eliminate it. This is beause I know my scripts and know, to which, for others seemingly insignificant details, to look to determine where in the code is the problem.

Edited by Rydygier

I will use HC next time to observe routes. But this happened after contact with enemy and InfA markers were set. Squads from near their base moved to combat zone 3 kms away to fight on foot. Find cargo was set to 100 for A and B HQs. Now most of the squads walked more than 100m away from trucks and I am wondering is this the issue?

What is that supposed to happen when combat starts? Trucks drive to squads for pick up? Squads run to trucksto get in?

What is that supposed to happen when combat starts? Trucks drive to squads for pick up? Squads run to trucksto get in?

Cargo should drive to squads, then squad should get in, and then cargo should drive to squad destination (or halfway, if near destination is spotted enemy and cargo is unarmed). If truck is with driver, must be in 1500 meters radius from squad to be assigned, 4500 for choppers. Can you upload pure vanilla demo with this problem? In my tests cargo is used all the time...

And yes, this was attack missions so cargo should be used, if available.