eggbeast

GITS Evolution (new main thread)

a lot of our missions are gradually being replaced by better versions.

I'm a little confused about how to get the most recent versions of your missions working. The newer versions are dependent on addons I do not have. I don't even know what these addons do. Is there a description of each mod someplace? I'd rather play without required mods, but it's okay.

what map do you like to play - takistan?

currently we've got a version of the evolution mission we are really happy with and we're slowly migrating it to each map.

not ported it yet to takistan i think v15 or v16 mod were last ones

our best missions right now are CLafghan RACS, Panthera RACS and Lingor RACS

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Im a bit slow with proper releases but if you xfire me (eggbeast) and ask for a mission or post here I can load up the latest version i have... i'll also add it to the list for the next port over.

atm I'm thinking of porting Tigeria, Tropica, Duala with our new very stable RACS mission.

the version we're playing has no black screen at startup, shorter intro and lots of little fixes.

Egg - the revive script in the RACS Lingor v1 is not initializing properly...no revive, just getting standard base respawns happening (no cam screen at all, just straight respawn to base).

*EDIT*- nevermind, i was able to edit the fix myself, cheers!

Edited by BigShot

could you explain what was wrong and how you fixed it? i will then roll itout across our mission base

could you explain what was wrong and how you fixed it? i will then roll itout across our mission base

sure..er, wait!...if i DO will you promise to release your newest version for the new Lingor being released this week? (pretty please? heh)

actually i made a few edits you might like to consider placing into the new version (if you havent already done so...i can email you the pbo if you wish).

First, to get the self healing and revive script to initialize properly all you need to do is move the respawn_west marker more than 50m away from where the players are when they first spawn at mission start (i moved it to the end of driveway near the street intersection by the m113 SA M2).

As for the few other changes i made:

- swapped your current halo script for a new one that uses map click

- added halo request in action menu for the MHQ and ReconHQ

- added Teleport to Base in action menu for MHQ and ReconHQ

- moved officer (by editing mission file directly) so that he shows up 1st on unit choices list when joining mission (your version has him last on list to choose from).

- changed the Pinz Cargo vehicle to the Pinz ADA (since the seating position for driver is bugged in the cargo version).

- changed the team punish param to default "ON" since turning it off screws up the entire points system and negatively effects support calls from the T menu.

If you want to implement some of these things let me know and I can just send you my version to make things easier.

Also, would love to make 2 requests (although only 1 is possible i believe without resorting to addons):

1. can you change the MHQ to an M113 M2 please? (must be changed in scripting everywhere the MHQ class is referenced otherwise the mission will break)

2. would love to see some way of transporting vehicles across the channel to that first waypoint (like a small ship that allows loading of at least 2 or 3 vehicles)

thanks mate

revive fix is easy then - will implement it. because we never use it we don't find these errors - thanks a lot for explanation.

the officer swap was just me being lazy - will remedy it

the team punish bug - can you elaborate on it - we've never seen a problem here?

the MHQ needs to have healing potential - v useful if youre sniping alone

loading into the sekra class patrol boat - I did implement it into R3F:

["PRACS_PatrolBoat", 200], (was 90)

but now have added the ability to load light armoured vehicles (cost 100) and tanks (cost 200) to the patrol boat

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

just updated lingor RACS mission - see first post in thread for link

wow, loading into patrol boat is perfect...didnt even know it could be done that way!...where can i find that code to change the cost though, which file is it in?

as for the MHQ....we didnt feel it needed to offer healing simply because there is already "self" healing in action menu & also you can very easily recruit a medic that can drop from sky anytime you like so we felt it would be more helpful to have the MHQ have a simple machine gun on it.

thank you, gonna check out your updated version!...is it for the new lingor just released?

oh...the team puish param bug: when we play with it "off" (on a dedicated server):

1. you still lose points for teamkills (and also if you crash inside chopper you get points off).

2. T menu support costs don't mesh with how many points you have. You may have 20 points but itll refuse to give you something that costs only 5 points for example. Doesnt do it every single time but it does this quite often to the point where everyone on our team has noticed it at one point or another. Im guessing it has something to do with the revive script.

Edited by BigShot

AHHHHHH thats why we don't get points for mortar requests! Thanks for posting that TK punishment info!

I must say we really like the new intro - very cool to be able to move during the intro! :) My buddy downloaded that song and now I get to hear Purple Haze? is it? OVER AND OVER AND OVER when we drive somewhere LOL

so what has changed in v2 for Lingor?...looked like the same intro screen to me...maybe the song changed but I wasnt listening when i loaded it up to be honest.

Is this going to be an easy port over to the new Lingor map?...and what about the lingor units, are they used in this mission at all? (that would mean we'd have to wait to port it over since the new units werent released with the new map update yesterday)

Edited by BigShot

i think pickle put in HUSH by DEEP PURPLE as intro music

the fail on mortar points is just down to timing

T menu saying you dont have enough points is cos if you spend them you would have say 49 so drop below last rank and so het demoted. you must have points on top of last ranks core to call support.

not sure there's any correlation with punishment script any anything else tbh

you dont need MHQ with MG as recon HQ has 3!

what's different? well a few more vehicles respawn ok, the airport spawn is no longer in sealed room, the sekra patrol boat now carries vehicles, the assassination mission now works like a peach (try it!) and the officer is unit 1 in list.

not really sure why or how you implemented the cost script in that way...but can you tell me how I can get the Support menu to show "spendable points" instead of the current "score"? (since its costing points each time you get promoted then that should be shown either in score board or in support menu somehow I think).

im also a little confused about the "load in" action. Seems im able to load a tank into a RHIB but nothing will load into the sekra patrol ship, weird.

Edited by BigShot

the cost script was written by Kiljoy for his original Evolution mission. It worked well enough but we have massively modified it.

However we haven't changed the scoring reporting because it's a little complicated.

We have implemented a variable score for area-of-effect support options like artillery - this is to make it expensive on public servers where hosts don't want loads of artillery spam from public players.

we have also created a slider for the points rerquired for each rank (using Razor's script for parameters, which is amazing)

It should be good enough to know that the score you have to spend on support is only the surplus from your last promotion. Otherwise you could accidentally demote yourself calling in an ammo box for your buddies on the ground and get ejected from your helicopter mid-flight etc... there's a lot of consequences for not protecting the rank. if artillery costs were high (say 50 points for small arty) and rank cost low (say 50 points per rank) you could wipe out all your ranks in one battle and be really miffed. it's better we think to just understand that you can only spend surplus points.

making the core script work all this out is possible, but not a massive priority

if someone wants to have a go, look in core sqf

and where it says "score" modify the script to say "points available" and instead of using playerscore use a formula

(playerscore-(rankplayer * rankpoints)) --- from description/init

(needs some thought and tweaking)

let me know if you get it working

regarding the patrol boat - d oyou have the latest mission? cos the patrol boat load in is only enabled properly in v2 from yesterday

you should not be able to load a tank into an RHIB

with the patrol boat you need to stand near to the middle of the ship to get the option

we are using it really well now - thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by eggbeast

Ok, the load in works fine now here...nothing wrong with that, just wasnt close enough to the patrolboat to get the action command to show. The RHIB loading tank was only because i was testing and purposely lowered the weight cost of it just to see if i could load it into something...ive since changed it back to your proper weight cost :-)

I will try and take a look at the points and see if i can wrap my head around it...if I get it to work i will post back here. I think that formula would be fine as long as it was invoked as an if/then statement when player rank is greater than 1, whatya think?

PS - thanks for all the help!

Thanks for the guide Egg! Is there a way I can create a new backpack loadout to supplement the existing list (or replace one of the packs in the list)?

Yes, BPmenu.sqf and backpacks.sqf are the files you need to edit :).

HAZ

Hey eggbeast was wondering if you could build an Evolution with the latest I44?

or have you already?

3 versions

Evolution West - for Americans

Evolution West2 - for British

Evolution East for -Germans

Then have the mission on various islands.

Eggy has not been on X-fire or online in a while so he must be busy with other stuff, the only version of I44 is this one and it needs to be updated along with Red versions and a few others.

HAZ

Ok, ya I remember this, but problem is and it may not be but invasion 1944 v2.5 mod is now v. 2.61, i will have to try it out,

i had the mission before in the previous version, but will have to test to see if it works with the new version,

I'll post and let you guys know if it does, unless some already know it does.

Actually the new Domination for I44 by Titi uses the old 2.5 classlists, so it might just work.

hiya guys yeah loads on this week - just come online - gonna go into lingor in a mo and cap me some tangos lol... good to know it works ok - i havent DL'd the last update for I44 because the other guys in my clan really didn't like to play it - mainly cos they like to chopper about. the enemy planes are way too deadly so your tank just gets toasted while 6 of your mates are dogfighting the enemy planes to no effect lol...

there's also some problem with enemies getting into the tanks so a lot of them just disappear after they spawn.

and moving about in tank slots is hard - have to get out each time, meaning the enemy can kill you easily.

in essence it's too realistic!

i love it but the others just cant play it - and its no fun playing alone!

anyway glad the old version works ok

What about an EVO with the Dutch troops, F16 and AH64 :) maybe soon we will be releasing a Fush (APC) that can be used as an MHQ. Or maybe i could have a go at it myself. Wasn’t there a manual available on how to modify EVO to a specific faction or army?

and moving about in tank slots is hard - have to get out each time, meaning the enemy can kill you easily.

in essence it's too realistic!

Thats the old version, the new version you can change positions from any spot, the positions are the same,

but once you get in best to start as commander, or diver, then from there you can move to any position.

Hey Eggbeast could you add these in future missions or make separate ones for them :) ?

HAZ