eggbeast

GITS Evolution (new main thread)

yeah will do - we have an outstanding call with savage about it.

Do you need the old ver as I can send them to you if you like or are you starting over again ?

lots of work been going on in the woodshed for this mission series.

here's an update:

I aim to release a universal mission for each island in due course.

This means you can choose to play any mission as e.g.

BAF woodland vs chedaki insurgents

PMC desert vs takistan militia

USMC vs russians

unsung US Army vs NVA

Arma 3 blufor vs Arma3 opfor

etc for all factions

vehicles, weapons, aircraft and aircraft weapons are all modified for each mission

Once we fix the Arma3 engine issues the mission should be compatible in both arma2 and arma3.

The main problem i'm going to have to tackle is the placing of the first player unit... I may need to build a universal player who is A3 and A2 compatible, to start the mission

Blazes weapons (our little mod we like to use in the mission, like a micro-ACE) has seen a lot of updates recently

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143142-static-and-turret-weapons-improvements-HE-and-AP-ammo-searchlights

FIXED bug with M8_TWS thermal scope

FIXED AH64D_sidewinders camera bug

IMPROVED M107 can now zero to 1800m

ADDED ability to add and remove silencer to weapons with a complementary SD class (e.g. G36_camo, M4A1_aim, M9, Makarov, Bizon)

ADDED ability to put on a bayonet with certain weapons (waiting on a model to attachto the weapon for modern weps, but uses savages bayonet weapons in unsung)

IMPROVED knife script (Added USMC ka-bar as well as commando dagger) with new sounds and animations for stab, throw and bayonet

EB_kit_zpsbe8b0129.jpg

bayo2_zpsf8c2d2fe.jpg

ADDED automatic trap spawning system for unsung/arma3 minefields etc

bridge3_zpsda5317d6.jpg

ADDED ambient civs and animals including workaround for spawns in unsung villages without correct doors

cb_civ_town_zpsdce2f30d.jpg

ADDED cockpit loadout selection for a range of popular air weapon kits (RKSL PRACS, - GLT and unsung are in the pipeline)

this means that you can choose the loadout for your plane before takeoff from up to 7 different types, and each uses either weapons pack above based on parameter set at start of mission

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154352-Eggbeasts-cockpit-loadout-selection-script

AGM2-1_zpsef82f909.jpg

cockpit2_zpsb0f4cde9.jpg

ADDED marker system for spawning in units - meaning we can choose different west/east units in the parameters for the same mission file!

airbase1_zpscb15008c.jpg

ADDED POW camp function for enemies captured (like arma1)

evo_off2_zps7d0d7cf3.jpg

IMPROVED T menu with icons and support can be selected to be available only if you have a GPS/radio, or artillery type support can be turned off (e.g. for unsung)

menuoptions2_zps1a3f79b4.jpg

ADDED end disco

disco3-1_zps7acd16ca.jpg

work still in progress:

custom ammo crates and backpacks selected at startup parameters (RH, FHQ, R3F, stock, unsung, PRACS, vilas, etc)

"smart" ammo crates modify contents for desert/woodland troops

greatly reduced clutter at bases, vehicles rationalised

white is building us a knife model, and hopefully we can develop or adapt a bayonet model too.

Edited by eggbeast

Is there a Sahrani version that does not require additional mods besides CAA1? The one in mission pack, called "GITSEvolutionSahraniv3.Sara.pbo" created on 12.15.2011 requires Mi28 and some other things.

you can play RACS modonly version

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolutionSahrani_RACSV4.Sara.pbo

requires PRACS, which was made for sahrani

or i dug this out from my archive - clean sahrani version but likely to be quite old in development terms.

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolutionSahraniv7.Sara.pbo

Edited by eggbeast

ammo crates script finished today: 12,000 lines long!

base script almost finished - just PRACS, unsung, duala and lingor unit arrays to add

works really well so far in testing it

you choose from the following in parameters

//EGG_unitwest

//0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

//"BAF_D", "BAF_W", "US_D", "USMC_W", "CZ_D", "CZ_W", "PMC_D","PMC_W", "PRACS", "Unsung US Army", "Duala/Afrenian", "Lingor", "A3"

//EGG_weaponmode

//values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9};

//texts[] = {"Default side", "Full west", "+Mod weapons (R3F+FHQ+RH+ACR+SUD+DM+AEK)", "+PRACS weapons", "+Unsung weapons", "+Unsung extra (+vilas/RH)","+Vilas weapons","+Duala weapons","+Lingor weapons", "Arma 3"};

//EGG_vecmods

//0,1,2,3,4,5,9

//"Off", "GITS", "mix mods/RKSL", "PRACS", "UNSUNG", "GLT/RHS", "Arma3"

and it modifies everything: west and east planes/helis/tanks/ playable units/ recruits/ support systems/ ammo crates/ plane rearm loadouts/ initial player loadout etc

so no more tan weapons/vehicles in woodland campaigns, or green weapons/vehicles in desert terrain

I've also made the PMC/ACR/BAF stick to their main weapons/vehicles etc, although there is a free-for-all parameter

this also means the mission will work with new mods really easily.

Awesome stuff Egg, keep it up mate!!! Cannot wait... :yay:

Dirty Haz

Is there a Sahrani version that does not require additional mods besides CAA1? The one in mission pack, called "GITSEvolutionSahraniv3.Sara.pbo" created on 12.15.2011 requires Mi28 and some other things.

Hello there

Play the PRACS version. It's splendid.

@EB Good work on all the new stuff, cant wait for a full release :)

Rdgs

LoK

Have you got a newer version of the unsung lowlands mission? when I try to run it on the server, it just rolls back to SEA.

Ignore this. I saw your other post.

Edited by nailz
update

quick update: pretty much finished off the work i was doing with unsung team this week - they will reveal more on this later. we have been collaborating with FRL Myke to develop some new vietnam era aircraft munitions, and the cockpit rearm script - rapidly becoming a central part of the evolution mission, now has fully working unsung scripts for their planes/helis.

next up i have developed a pretty extensive missilebox for evo

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/beta/EB_missilebox_readme.txt

and am hopingto talk this through next week with Myke to see how we can collaborate (his models + my mission/config/weapons + his amazing IAWS + unsungs AP mines/napalm, etc) to provide a mission specific missilebox for all cockpits

i've added Rock's wheelbrakes and myke/eddie/gnats afterburner to the stock planes and am hoping to test the weapons this coming week.

Once the aviation petrol head in me has exhausted his options i'll be updating the older mission script packs running on our 4 servers... and hopefully releasing a new mission pack soon.

meanwhile anyone wishing to play evolution in its latest guise should head over to our nam or takistan servers. any non-idiots most welcome - please check the mod links first though!

latest mission params screen teaser

Evo_uni-1_zps79829825.jpg

working on this, this week

I am trying to play the Ovaron Red Hammer version but am missing some mods. Can you list what is in the @Vehicles.rar please as the download link you have provided does not work anymore.

Dirty Haz

can't support this atm sorry - v busy with other project and RL.

i deleted @vehicles as we rarely used it and needed the disk space

it will be pooks brdms and RHS armour primarily.

have a look in required addons list to work out what needs removing

you can just replace the items from the mission.sqm in wordpad with stock ones and delete the mod name from the requiredaddons list.

Hello here, i just discover evo mission and first thing, for me this is greatest ones i've seen on arma 2 !

I've already have a look at the unsung 2.6 missions and i'm wondering where we are with arma 2/OA

some questions:

Does the mission is designed to run on a dedicated server only, or can run on a listen server too (does the savegame fonction work...) ?

Is this server (81.19.208.60:2310 Battlegroup-=XTRA=- UK Forces (mod) Evolution Somalia v2 UK on Isladuala)

the only place i can find the latest version ?

Thanks for this and keep up the good work !