Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

[CAMP] Carrier Operations - Duala

Unable to launch first mission. Appears to be looking for an older version of the marine pilot.

Warning Message: Campaigns\carrieroperations-duala\missions\Mission1.isladuala\mission.sqm/Mission/Groups/Item77/Vehicles/Item1.vehicle: Vehicle class mar_fighter_pilot no longer exists

Also found errors in the RPT.

Error in expression <er + [_x]} foreach units group player;

{_x addEventHandler ["killed", {blueforun>

Error position: <_x addEventHandler ["killed", {blueforun>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _x

File Campaigns\carrieroperations-duala\missions\Mission1.isladuala\init.sqf, line 23

Error in expression <ch hidemarkerarray;blueforunits = [pilot1];group_player = [];{group_playe>

Error position: <pilot1];group_player = [];{group_playe>

Error Undefined variable in expression: pilot1

File Campaigns\carrieroperations-duala\missions\Mission1.isladuala\init.sqf, line 20

Edited by Tholozor

Thanks j_frost :smile_o:

ArmA2Base.de Mirror updated:

[CAMP] Carrier Operations - Duala v1.11 by j_frost

Kind regards

Miller

Thanks Miller, much appreciated. I have updated the first post with the link : )

Unable to launch first mission. Appears to be looking for an older version of the marine pilot.

Warning Message: Campaigns\carrieroperations-duala\missions\Mission1.isladuala\mission.sqm/Mission/Groups/Item77/Vehicles/Item1.vehicle: Vehicle class mar_fighter_pilot no longer exists Also found errors in the RPT.

I actually think you are using an old version of @MAR_2MAW, are you using v2.1 of the f/a-18? Otherwise perhaps you are using an old version of the fighterpilot addon from Meatball. I hope no-one else gets this because I don't have that error. The addeventhandler error is happening because of the first error, it can't find the correct pilot addon therefore _x (the blueforunits) are non-existent. Make sure you delete the old @MAR_2MAW addon when you install the new one.

Good luck

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Edited by Rough Knight

I downloaded the F-18 v2.1 before installing the campaign, and redownloaded it again after getting the error. It still shows up. I even tried downloading the Marine Naval Aviator by itself and it still doesn't work.

Apparently the Armaholic download is the old version still.

Big thanks to Miller for having the correct version up.

Hi i just installed 1.11 since i discovered i had 1.05. Taken care of. No more errors popping up when i launch combined ops off of steam.

This is my current startup parameters in steam these settings are within the OA properties of steam -mod=@Duala;Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;@CBA;@GLT_MissileBox;@JDG_Nimitz;@mar_2MAW;@mar_inf_marines;@mar_pilot

not sure if the @mma,@mma_ns, and @mma_xeh are needed in the parameters.

When i try to start the mission when i click play it just stays frozen. What am i doing wrong?

Edited by AJackson92
removed mar_2MAW question

Hi mate,

try remove the @mar_pilot addon. Also @cba should probably be the first addon loaded.

Good luck

Rough knight

Ok this is what my parameters are now -mod=@CBA;@Duala;@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;@GLT_MissileBox;@JDG_Nimitz;@mar_2MAW;@mar_inf_marines

Launching combined ops.

Error: Addon 'mar_f18' requires addon 'mar_pilot'

Any more suggestions?

Hi mate,

try remove the @mar_pilot addon. Also @cba should probably be the first addon loaded.

Good luck

Rough knight

@mar_pilot removed

@cba first

Its still making me freeze when i try to start mission

G'day jack, I can't find your first post. Apparently the armaholic link is doing the incorrect campaign version at the moment. Use another link at least until the issue is fixed. Most of the problems with this new version seem to be due to to this issue.

The filename of the zip should be "CarrierOperations-Duala_v1.11.zip". If it's 1.05, then we have a problem Housten. You are using arma2:co not just arma2?

Hope it works 4you.

Ta rough knight

G'day jack, I can't find your first post. Apparently the armaholic link is doing the incorrect campaign version at the moment. Use another link at least until the issue is fixed. Most of the problems with this new version seem to be due to to this issue.

The filename of the zip should be "CarrierOperations-Duala_v1.11.zip". If it's 1.05, then we have a problem Housten. You are using arma2:co not just arma2?

Hope it works 4you.

Ta rough knight

Hi,

yes i have v1.11 installed as stated in my first post.

Ive been running ArmA2:CO off steam.

Jackson, sounds like you are not using v2.1 of meatballs f/a-18. Try DL the latest f18 (not v1.8) from a link in his thread in addons and mods complete.

Edit: I say this because I believe the classname for the pilots is now mar_fighter_pilot rather than mar_pilot.

I think my first post might link an old version of @mar2_maw which i can't seem to change from my iPad. I will change it when I get home tomorrow morning. Failing this, I am not sure what to try next.

Let me know how you go. Be sure to delete the old @mar_2maw folder rather than just overwrite it to save any troubles.

Ta

Rough knight

Edited by Rough Knight

hi j_frost.

i'm playing your campaign (again) as you updated it.

however, i have kind of a problem:

even if i set my plane to "manual fire", the bomb are fired whereas i didn't hit the button.

for example, in your first mission (air superiority), i aim at the shilka, and select my Mk82.

although i didn't fire, the bomb is released.

do you know where it comes from? did you encounter this problem?

thanks

Jackson, sounds like you are not using v2.1 of meatballs f/a-18. Try DL the latest f18 (not v1.8) from a link in his thread in addons and mods complete.

Edit: I say this because I believe the classname for the pilots is now mar_fighter_pilot rather than mar_pilot.

I think my first post might link an old version of @mar2_maw which i can't seem to change from my iPad. I will change it when I get home tomorrow morning. Failing this, I am not sure what to try next.

Let me know how you go. Be sure to delete the old @mar_2maw folder rather than just overwrite it to save any troubles.

Ta

Rough knight

v2.0 is what i can find on the f18. Other then that i dont know whats causing it not to load the mission. Deleted the folder and installed fresh one.

Hi wiki,

I did see that once, but never again. It's like the gunner forgets he is not allowed to fire in manual mode. I have not seem it since then however. Try cancel manual fire then reselect it and see if that works.

@Jackson,

As you mentioned you are using v2.0 of the f/a18, you need V2.1. The latest version contains a few config fixes that may solve your problem

Edited by Rough Knight

Hi wiki,

I did see that once, but never again. It's like the gunner forgets he is not allowed to fire in manual mode. I have not seem it since then however. Try cancel manual fire then reselect it and see if that works.

@Jackson,

As you mentioned you are using v2.0 of the f/a18, you need V2.1. The latest version contains a few config fixes that may solve your problem

Hi seems as i was reading the readme file its 2.0, the link here says its 2.1 which is where i downloaded from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14862

Hmm you have the right one then, are all your other addons up to date? Post the relevant part of your arma2oa.rpt here, that may help us sort you out.

Is the error still concerning the pilot or has that gone now?

All working fine here thanks for taking the time to update, look forward to playing it now.

Hmm you have the right one then, are all your other addons up to date? Post the relevant part of your arma2oa.rpt here, that may help us sort you out.

Is the error still concerning the pilot or has that gone now?

RPT link http://www.mediafire.com/?qmsg7vr7233vs8b

Sixupdater shows everything is updated.

Addon 'mar_f18' requires addon 'mar_pilot' still appears.

For the first time i played the intro which started up fine and then i get this error message http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/468610613767354822/1B3F5251842C0489DF3B03489F29454B2225B798/

Edited by AJackson92

Gday AJackson92,

== s:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

== "s:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=S:\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca" -mod=@CBA;@Duala;@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;@GLT_MissileBox;@JDG_Nimitz;@mar_2MAW;@mar_inf_marines

This looks ok to the naked eye should work ok.

The report however is littered with the following:

Missing addons detected:

jdg_carrier

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.jdg_carrier

Missing addons detected:

jdg_carrier

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.jdg_carrier

This to me says there is a problem with @JDG_Nimitz. Makesure the files inside the @JDG_Nimitz are inside a folder named "Addons" ie @JDG_Nimitz\Addons\jdg_carrier.pbo. My money is on that being the problem.

I see you resolved the Mar_pilot addon issue as that was also listed in the report. That error has now disappeared since you got the correct addon or whatever. Get the Nimitz addon working and you will be cooking with gas I hope.

Thanks

Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight

Sixupdater shows everything is updated.

Addon 'mar_f18' requires addon 'mar_pilot' still appears.

For the first time i played the intro which started up fine and then i get this error message http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/468610613767354822/1B3F5251842C0489DF3B03489F29454B2225B798/

AJackson92, Are you resuming from the previous played missions? If you restart the whole campaign, I don't think you'll have that issue.

J_frost, I must say the deck on Nimitz now looks awesome. Love the small touches on the crew and the tow trucks. Pretty neat.

J_frost, I must say the deck on Nimitz now looks awesome. Love the small touches on the crew and the tow trucks. Pretty neat.

Thanks mate, its not by any means perfect or as good as I would like but at least not it isn't so static. Much more believable. I was glad for the advise to do it from the likes of yourself and CyclonicTuna, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered or been motivated :)

There are a few issues I found which have been fixed for the next version [which has no ETA unless a major bug is reported in the campaign].

1.12 changelog:

* Added: Description of task added to overview for each mission in the campaign lobby.

* Fixed: All missions, ambient plane on your wingman's catapult (#1) could be deleted in clear view of player at launch off Nimitz.

It's good to hear some are enjoying my work. Please leave feedback so it can be further polished.

Also, what did you think of the NTC mission? Should I build more of a story around the NTC like the attempt in mission3?

Also mission 12, potential spoiler.

Has anyone tried to covertly place the charges on the armour? Notice the guys sleeping in the tents, don't wake them up or be prepared for a big fire-fight.

Thanks all

Rough Knight

Managed to land correctly in the first mission but i failed im guessing because of the squirrel objective? I completed all the others landed and it said failed? Ive tried the mission 3 times now and i can never see this "squirrel" what is it?

Edited by AVFC