Sign in to follow this  
Sylle

Repaint for Light helicopter...

The letters won't work properly as you only paint one side (the reverse side is a reflection). Which means the letters will me mirrored on the other side!

Someone from BIS should be slapped for making that UV mirrored...just saying, this is suppose to be one of the first lessons you get when game content is concerned: do NOT mirror the UVs, even if you have created the mesh using symmetry/mirror. ;)

Someone from BIS should be slapped for making that UV mirrored...just saying, this is suppose to be one of the first lessons you get when game content is concerned: do NOT mirror the UVs, even if you have created the mesh using symmetry/mirror. ;)

Yes, it certainly limits the design potential even if it keeps the file sizes down. You can see why they have blurred out the lettering on their safety labels!

We have a little extra project in the works, which should result in getting you a Light without mirrored UV (free). Basically by providing another layer for 'stickers' :) Unsure how soon it will get released at the moment.

Hope this is the correct spot for this...

Here is a new paint scheme I am working on. I have created a 'Carbon Fiber' effect in Photoshop, and applied it to the main fuse and structure parts. Still have some small details to work out, but here it is( hope ya like it :rolleyes: )...

tohlightcloserr.jpg

tohlightrightside.jpg

=170= Sven2157

*** EDIT ***

For any one interested, I have uploaded the pattern for Photoshop CS3+... ( file: Carbon_Fiber.zip -> Contains Carbon_Fiber.pat )

Carbon Fiber Pattern for Photoshop

Edited by Sven2157

That's a really nice paint Sven! I've been having a go at my own repaint but it is a bit tricky trying to get the tail stripes straight (see the screenshots). Anyone have any tips regarding this?

Anyway, here are a few pics:

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/2986/2013010600001.jpg (112 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/2912/2013010600004.jpg (112 kB)

ilohelicentre240408.jpg

Edited by delta9857

G'day all. I know this is the light helicopter thread (because there isn't any addon request in the TOH forums). My request is a repaint for the Medium Helicopter.

The repaint is a RACQ chopper, here is a picture of it:

TWB070113careflight_1_fct993x611x48_t460.jpgcareflight_fct2592x1595x139_t460.JPG

It would be fantastic if someone is working on this repaint. (Yet if there is any tutorial or video on how to paint the TOH heli's it would be great)

Cheers. ;)

Ranwer