Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

Oh cool, new maps with even more clusterfuck potential...... :j:

I'll bet the only new weapons they're adding are auto shotguns. I for one, fully approve of the AA-12, as long as it can shoot down helos like the PMC iteration can.

Th-that's what the AA stands for, right? Right?

the only shotgun i see in that is the SPAS-12

the AUG is in which i like :D

I'll bet the only new weapons they're adding are auto shotguns. I for one, fully approve of the AA-12, as long as it can shoot down helos like the PMC iteration can.

Th-that's what the AA stands for, right? Right?

;-) Not only helos but also SU-25s. Anti Aircraft for sure ;)

I think i'Ve seen a L86A2 there, though i'm not quite sure.

Was named as the A1 variant, you can see it during a kill.

Whether it is physically actually an A1 in appearance remains to be seen, couldn't make out the cocking lever.

Probably the sole reason I will get that DLC though.

Was named as the A1 variant, you can see it during a kill.

Whether it is physically actually an A1 in appearance remains to be seen, couldn't make out the cocking lever.

Probably the sole reason I will get that DLC though.

i still cant get the idea behind the L86(apart from giving the support class another gun)

i mean, you can put a bi-pod on a L85 and there you go :p

I want some kind of tomahawk or ballistic knife so i can be really tacticool.

Think I'll finally pick this game up soon.

its great fun against my mates but it doesnt have that "its personal" feeling like MW where the maps are confined and you can find each other without a tank or skidloader chasing you

CQ will bring that feeling into it and then some, with taking out entire walls theres no guy hiding in a corner..you just get rid of that corner :D the fast paced infantry action and destruction didnt gel that well in the vanilla game, but now it *should*

Armoured Kill will probably be the best, maybe im being biased since im a vehicle man...interesting to see how SPH's will fit into it

Now is a good time, as it's on sale at half price.

i still cant get the idea behind the L86(apart from giving the support class another gun)

i mean, you can put a bi-pod on a L85 and there you go :p

I am a C4 whore, so this gun to me is essential as I gets to play SA80 and C4 whore when it's out. It better be accurate like the real thing too, always annoys me in shooters where they never give SA80s there due when it comes to accuracy.

Just need a jetpack now so I can C4 helis and planes and I will be 100% happy with BF3.

Well maybe if they ditch the overdone bloom and stupid assed colour filters.

I've been waiting for the price to drop but it's taking longer than usual.

Rofl... Well, I don't know what you think usual is, but you'll be waiting for a long time for the price to drop below £20.

When it get's to £20 I'll give it serious consideration to buy a single copy.

When it gets to £5 and £10 I might buy a set of them for my LAN.

No real hurry.

I'll enjoy playing for the same length of time if I buy it down the road as if I buy it now.

But £35 per PC for some DRM'd nightmare that I'm going to have to hack about with, I don't really want it enough.

I could get myself a pretty reasonable secondhand NV scope off of Ebay for that sort of money.

I'd quite like them to have finished with all the patching too, that's an added bonus for waiting.

I'll give it until summer and then check again I expect.

Edited by Baff1

When it get's to £20 I'll give it serious consideration to buy a single copy.

When it gets to £5 and £10 I might buy a set of them for my LAN.

No real hurry.

I'll enjoy playing for the same length of time if I buy it down the road as if I buy it now.

But £35 per PC for some DRM'd nightmare that I'm going to have to hack about with, I don't really want it enough.

I could get myself a pretty reasonable secondhand NV scope off of Ebay for that sort of money.

I'd quite like them to have finished with all the patching too, that's an added bonus for waiting.

I'll give it until summer and then check again I expect.

It was £20 on origin for a couple of weeks, up until yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up I hadn't really been paying much attention to the DL copies.

Perhaps it's a good time to start.

I just read the reviews on widescreengamingforum and it seems to be patched to functional state. So I think it's about time I joined the war.

It's part of EA's plan to copy COD. Sell the game for $60 for several years like COD did with the odd sale on Origin. Don't bother with the multiple copies for LAN play though... No LAN, No dedicated server files. Edited by jblackrupert

Lol. That last comment clinched it for me.

I just bought two copies of FEAR 3 instead. £18 delivered for the two.

BF3 can stay on the back burner a while longer.

Thanks for everyones kind advice. Really appreciated as always.

Edited by Baff1

F.E.A.R 3 and F. E.A.R 2 are shitty console ports with none of the creeps and scares as the original.

If you haven't play that, get it and play it in a dark room.

Yeah loved the original and so (despite hearing the series had gone south) picked up FEAR 3 recently when it was going cheap - couldn't believe how bad it was. BF3 at Day 1 price would be much better value.

The key to this one is that I have a friend who wants to play it with me, while with Battlefield I do not.

I might get a passing hour of gameplay with my mates on BF (If I shell out for multiple copies) but I'm pretty hopeful I can see the whole of FEAR 3 through over beers and smokes etc.

Also, it's offline which means we can take it at our own pace, rather than the pace set by your opponent.. dropped form the server due to inactivity etc etc.

It's quite a different business for me buying games for social play than it is for solo play. It's not just my own preferences I have to cater for.

The gunfights in FEAR are quite exihilerating still even though the AI is very nerfy compared to the original.

Fear 2 didn't grip me.

And if push terms to shove and it turns out to be another Steam game on my accounts that I never play past the first time I installed them, like Supreme Commander or Left for Dead and Red Orchestra... I'm only £18 down.

Price was always going to be a big factor.

Edited by Baff1

I was going to buy BF3 on origin, but I downloaded and installed Origin and it just keeps saying Origin has stopped working before I can even log in. Anybody else had this issue or know how to fix it? (google didn't bring much)(also I reinstalled several times and no joy)

Edited by [EVO] Dan