Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

Yeh i know, but thats just the thing i can play BC2 and enjoy it, and i was good at it. But BF3 i suck, its like everytime i play it i get so angry i end up rage quitting.

Happened to me and I dare-say everyone else at first, but then you get to know the pace better, aswell as the maps.

I either get put on a team getting base raped, get sniped from 1 of the 30 snipers or get blown up by a bunch of rocket spamming whores. Ive just gotten to the point that the game anit for me and never will be. Its more catered to those gamers who scream at their screen BOOOM headshot while using a rocket launcher.

I never join a server over 48 players, it's too much of a fuster cluck, I also play only on hardcore servers, this seems to whittle out most of the players your describing, there is always going to be recon in a match, I've never seen more then 6 out of a 48 man server.

Ive had too many wtf moments in BF3 ive given up, ive pumped round after into someone and they just turned round and go bam and im thinking hang on a min wtf just happened. I dont sense that there is any actual frontline in BF3 its just a bunch of spawn locations randomly placed alround the map and everyone is on a team deathmatch or running about the place like headless chickens waiting to get killed.

Depends what type of match you play, conquest is NOT like that, whereas team and squad deathmatch is, it also sounds like your playing on normal mode with full hud and crosshairs, again try hardcore and it takes much less to bring down a man, my advice find a good server and a good group of players you can play with, and it gets far more enjoyable then.

I had the same opinion as you until I started adjusting to the game more, now I enjoy playing this game very much. Especially when I get to punish the 'rocket spamming whores, camping snipers, baserapers etc', I especially enjoy taking down a baseraping tank with a jihad jeep :D

I never post but I agree with Optical. This game pisses me off everytime I play it. And mostly it is lack off any teamwork. I mean capture the flag is so simple you would think anyone should be able to do it,but apparently it is like chaos math to 85% of people on servers.Then Sunday Im in a tank with some idiot who sees the the tower falling on Caspian Border and speeds over so we can be crushed by it when it falls.I was scanning for targets so didnt notice till(bad luck).Helicopters forget it if you get in as a gunner on public you will die in about 5-10 seconds because someone will jump in and immediately tip backwards into the ground,which is strange considering the average player seems to have around 200 hrs. I have about 55 hrs and ill admit I suck but I try. Anyway rant over. Thanks

I also have to agree with Opticalsnare, unfortunately. I kept trying to give the game a chance, but the frustration always seems to outweigh the fun. Finally uninstalled it last week.

Like said earlier, play alone game is shit, play with friends game is shit but still fun can be had. :p

PC Powerplay Febuary 2012 has an article comparing Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 3 [Call of Bad Company 3] especially the lack of teamwork.

Part 1 of 3

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4398/battlefield21b.jpg

Part 2 of 3

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2295/battlefield22d.jpg

Part 3 of 3

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4576/battlefield23.jpg

Edited by jblackrupert

Since my last comment here, I've downclocked my GPU memory to avoid some crashes and I've been playing a fair bit.

While I can agree that the game is no BF2, it's also not a horrid pukefest some of you are projecting it to be. Origin is still horrible and teamplay can be non-existent, but I attribute most of that to the lack of team/squad level VOIP and the very pathetic rewards for the most teamplay roles. Apparently the next patch addresses some of these issues.

I've been using planes and helos lately and I find that they provide quite a nice win inducing presence if used correctly (do not expect a flight sim experience), especially if there are people on the ground spotting/lasing stuff. Lack of VOIP with aircraft is a bit annoying since you can't really talk to the other plane on your team.

Playing with friends certainly increases the fun factor, especially when you're together in a helo, coordinating your airstrikes on ground targets or just baiting enemy planes into one another's crosshairs. Anyway, if anyone needs someone to tag along with, this is me on Battlelog.

I personally enjoy Battlefield 3, they did a great job, but there are some things I believe they should have added to stay "true" to the original Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2. One example is offline bots.

I like to jump in for a quick fun game, but I'm still only level 6 - and I've had the game since release.

Since my last comment here, I've downclocked my GPU memory to avoid some crashes and I've been playing a fair bit.

While I can agree that the game is no BF2, it's also not a horrid pukefest some of you are projecting it to be.

Depends on your point of view and what values you enjoyed from the previous games. For one the maps are smaller and far far more limited, you can't take two or five minutes to sneak around with a squad to surprise capture or destroy something, score pops up in your face as if it is to be the driving point of the game, to be the purpose to keep you interested. Rewards don't mean jack, sure they were all pixels in bf2 but due to the difficulty and one time pop up they felt as though there was some weight to them.

The game encourages people to sit back rather than think more strategicly when it comes to medic and support classes, even worse is the map design seems to promote it in some cases, see operation metro 32/64 for best example. The attack and counter attack has stumbled for this reason.

A. in metro both teams (unless one decides to push hard and usually succeed and win) bunker down between the escalators of the first and basement floors, ammo and medic packs are tossed in endless supply without ever running out thus deterring the need to do something. Aircraft and counter aircraft operations has stumbled as well, without the need to return to a pad or airstrip to rearm and repair. HMG's have overly obvious tracers making them impossible to NOT spot, and they appear to do less damage.

But some of the worst offenders are easily the drop of 6 man squads to four man, no VOIP in squads which means that for each person to speak they must add eachother as friends, close game, start party, restart game. But perhaps the worst of all in that regard is the locked squads function in that you are no longer able to create your own squads and there are only X number to chose from, allowing only 32 people in squads thus leaving half the team out in a 64 match.

Furthermore the asthetical choice was horrid, comparing the shots of BF2's rich color to BF3's high contrast and desaturated visuals is almost depressing.

Edited by NodUnit

The magazine article I posted above identifies the biggest reasons why BF3 is the way it is.

Battlefield 2142 should have been used as a template for the game when it comes to unlocks, rewards and such. They took everything that worked right in BF2 and improved on it even more.

the whole unlock, rewards system in 2142 was designed to force people who work as a team to earn them.

As for the maps, the flags are all clustered together turning it into nothing more then a death match game.

The last two remaining DICE members that worked on 2142 have left the BF3 team so the likelyhood of any real positive changes happening is pretty much gone.

i still see more team work in bad company 1 lol

they got a lot wrong in terms of what a BF game should be but its not a bad game

team work is lacking but i never saw much on bf2 either, one of the annoying examples being on a zip line and the owner takes it away

Ziplines in Forces are a major sniper magnet and since it's the sniper class that has it you don't want a bunch of people bunching up on you giving your position away.

The zipline was given to the wrong class.

Edited by jblackrupert

Depends on your point of view and what values you enjoyed from the previous games. For one the maps are smaller and far far more limited, you can't take two or five minutes to sneak around with a squad to surprise capture or destroy something, score pops up in your face as if it is to be the driving point of the game, to be the purpose to keep you interested. Rewards don't mean jack, sure they were all pixels in bf2 but due to the difficulty and one time pop up they felt as though there was some weight to them.

The game encourages people to sit back rather than think more strategicly when it comes to medic and support classes, even worse is the map design seems to promote it in some cases, see operation metro 32/64 for best example. The attack and counter attack has stumbled for this reason.

A. in metro both teams (unless one decides to push hard and usually succeed and win) bunker down between the escalators of the first and basement floors, ammo and medic packs are tossed in endless supply without ever running out thus deterring the need to do something. Aircraft and counter aircraft operations has stumbled as well, without the need to return to a pad or airstrip to rearm and repair. HMG's have overly obvious tracers making them impossible to NOT spot, and they appear to do less damage.

But some of the worst offenders are easily the drop of 6 man squads to four man, no VOIP in squads which means that for each person to speak they must add eachother as friends, close game, start party, restart game. But perhaps the worst of all in that regard is the locked squads function in that you are no longer able to create your own squads and there are only X number to chose from, allowing only 32 people in squads thus leaving half the team out in a 64 match.

Furthermore the asthetical choice was horrid, comparing the shots of BF2's rich color to BF3's high contrast and desaturated visuals is almost depressing.

Using Metro is just plain wrong, it is the worst map of the whole.

There are a few things that are irking me a lot, the lack of VoIP not so much as I get on TeamSpeak with the people I play with anyway, and it makes the game functionnal.

My biggest issue is the toughness of certain vehicles, namely APCs and aircrafts. BTRs and such are resisting a ridiculous amount of rockets, forcing people to go all out engineers on vehicle maps, and you end up with a vehicle vs rocket spam game, and planes & choppers are simply far too resilient, namely against what is supposed to be their nemesis, AA missiles and vehicles. When I see a chopper or plane still flying after having been hit 10 times by a Tungunska flak, I cry. The fact the best weapon against aircrafts is a SOFLAM + Javelin (Javelin against aircrafts, can you believe this?!!!) is very telling. They catered to vehicle heavy players who are usually suffering in infantry games.

I don't mind tanks being tough, that's their design and their jobs. APCs, IFVs and such? A bit of a joke.

Second issue is the hit detection system, which is client-side based. This leads to very, very weird hit behavior. Certain players seem to have quite dodgy connection leading to plenty of 1shot kill from your perspective when on their PC, they had time to unload half clip on you. I've seen this happen in other CSHD games, it happens again here. Worst, it can be exploited.

3rd issue, movement. It is awesome in fluidness, and in the same time awefull, because you get stuck on the tiniest things, when other bigger obstacle are passed by without issue, and I can't understand the logic behind "this obstacle will block you, and this other one, you'll jump over easily". I see no logic, and far too often, end up stuck by a tiny rock at my feet when under fire, just after having passed a broken wall without issue. WTF, much.

I've never really appreciated BF2 (there again, the air dominance was ultra annoying, and to top it all, random death by artillery happened far too often, at least in BF3, they got artillery somewhat right), but at that time I was mostly playing lonewolf, no TS, etc... In the end, I can't really compare or say "it was better before", I'm not a BF hardcore, I judge these types of games by history I have on other arcade shooters.

2142 was very good, but too much for my PC at that time, and QuakeWars got out near that time, and I found QW orders of magnitude better, so I didn't play it enough.

I quite liked BC2, even though the fact being hit was completely blocking my movements which is ultra annoying and boring. I see BF3 in the same vein, larger, I prefer the shooting mecanism in BF3, and it looks a tad bit faster than BC2 to me, which is not a bad point for me in a arcade shooter, quite the opposite.

All in all, BF3 is a good buy for me, provided many hours of entertainment, playing with friends is very OK :)

Compared to the rest of the FPS market currently, imho it' s the best we can enjoy lately. We play with what we have are our disposal, can't do much more. BF3 is a product of its days.

my char : http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/kalbuth , playing mainly on a server maintained by ex-QuakeWars clan (OCB Hairy Haggis)

Using Metro is just plain wrong, it is the worst map of the whole.

There are a few things that are irking me a lot, the lack of VoIP not so much as I get on TeamSpeak with the people I play with anyway, and it makes the game functionnal.

My biggest issue is the toughness of certain vehicles, namely APCs and aircrafts. BTRs and such are resisting a ridiculous amount of rockets, forcing people to go all out engineers on vehicle maps, and you end up with a vehicle vs rocket spam game, and planes & choppers are simply far too resilient, namely against what is supposed to be their nemesis, AA missiles and vehicles. When I see a chopper or plane still flying after having been hit 10 times by a Tungunska flak, I cry. The fact the best weapon against aircrafts is a SOFLAM + Javelin (Javelin against aircrafts, can you believe this?!!!) is very telling. They catered to vehicle heavy players who are usually suffering in infantry games.

I don't mind tanks being tough, that's their design and their jobs. APCs, IFVs and such? A bit of a joke.

Second issue is the hit detection system, which is client-side based. This leads to very, very weird hit behavior. Certain players seem to have quite dodgy connection leading to plenty of 1shot kill from your perspective when on their PC, they had time to unload half clip on you. I've seen this happen in other CSHD games, it happens again here. Worst, it can be exploited.

3rd issue, movement. It is awesome in fluidness, and in the same time awefull, because you get stuck on the tiniest things, when other bigger obstacle are passed by without issue, and I can't understand the logic behind "this obstacle will block you, and this other one, you'll jump over easily". I see no logic, and far too often, end up stuck by a tiny rock at my feet when under fire, just after having passed a broken wall without issue. WTF, much.

Couldn't agree more.

Yup, yup, and yup.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the AAV-7 is ridiculously strong. I'm quite sure it can take up to eight or nine RPG hits before it blows up, whiles the MBTs handles a lot less then that. It's awkward to see such a supposedly lightly armored APC take out a MBT.

FPDR

yea they make mobile spawn points more armoured, same problem with the huey, its almost impossible to shoot down

in a way its a good idea as it helps out the action with players being able to jump right on but annoying as hell when youre on the other end

More than once i've been shot to the underside (when driving up Khan Island's island defences) and had a full 100% health afterwards with the AAV.

Hello,

Just posting to let you guys know that I have a thirty two man Battlefield 3 conquest server up. I have just finished configuring all of the plugins and server settings. You are all more than welcome to join!

Server link!

I'm also looking for admins. Please keep in mind that this is a fresh server so is not always going to be full. I would greatly appreciate if some of you could help populate it and help get it going. :)

A server with limited health like 20-40%, class restrictions and some basic rules like no base raping and spawn camping would suit me fine but thats just wishful thinking and none exist. People dont seem to wanna experiment with differnt settings they just have default HC settings and its just the same as every other server out there.

A server with limited health like 20-40%, class restrictions and some basic rules like no base raping and spawn camping would suit me fine but thats just wishful thinking and none exist. People dont seem to wanna experiment with differnt settings they just have default HC settings and its just the same as every other server out there.

I've played some arranged games with everybody in TeamSpeak, 50% player health, slower vehicle respawn and no mini-map spotting (and it's great fun) but the reason you don't see those settings on public servers is that it removes your server from the Hardcore or Normal presets which people use to find casual games and this means your server will not populate. It would take quite a large, like-minded community to make a go of such a thing.

interested to see what Armoured Kill and End game will be like

i dont mind the close quarters one, just rather vehicles

@PuFu can you add me to the ArmA Players platoon please. I have already applied for membership on battlelog. My player name is DrVaughn.

@PuFu can you add me to the ArmA Players platoon please. I have already applied for membership on battlelog. My player name is DrVaughn.

done.