Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

BF3 is 50% off on Amazon right now. I still don't want it.

but for a infantry movement system that just gets it right - well bf3 leads the way.

and i really REALLY hope bis come up with something close. it's very fluid, intuitive most of the time, a bit too sped up maybe, easy to clear obstacles without feeling over or under done. not perfect as imo sometimes trees fuck it up and one gets caught behind them. but otherwise it sets the standard for making moving feel almost natural. BIS please learn from this as so much criticism was directed at arma being unintuitive and stiff feeling in its controls of infantry. as an aside, funnily enough reloading m249 in bf3 seems to take longer than in arma2.

It still has that crappy castor wheels feel most shooters have, like when you push up against an object, and if you aren't perfectly square on, you keep slowly sliding, without an animation, regardless of what your limbs are doing.

play it for what it is, and youll probably enjoy it.

alternatively, sit on the forums and whine all day because its not the completely different game that you want it to be, and never was intended to be.

i dunno, which is more fun?

BF3 is 50% off on Amazon right now. I still don't want it.

Same here, if Origin wasn't spyware/shit I would get it.

Same here, if Origin wasn't spyware/shit I would get it.

I got it running in sandboxie if that's the only problem, but even then I still wouldn't recommend the game. Singleplayer is the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen and online multiplayer is a couple of steps back compared to most old pc shooters. Whatever you do, don't expect a game like the previous battlefield titles, I just can't believe the same company made this.

DICE got take over by console people long ago and now they're on a mission to score those big fat bonus checks the guys behind COD got.

There's a a couple of guys at DICE that are still good who care about the game and the ART of making games, I even played on Battlefield 2142 servers with them a few times only a year and a half ago.

New official video made from clips of user made videos. Mostly players Jihading with various vehicles

B2sXWsIMSvM

In the old days of Battlefield that sort of thing was frowned upon and a kick/bannable offence on most servers.

Now DICE or EA is basicly encouraging it.

All the kiddies will be FRAPsing all their lastest engine exploits

in hopes of getting into the next video on the Battefield channel.

Stay tuned for officially sanctioned how to glitch intructional videos.

That video just put me on the "Not buying" side of the fence.

Edited by jblackrupert

Agree that its complete and utter crap that they get away with it, but it is pretty bloody hilarious. Besides, the vid below, he doesn't do this all the time, i've played him once or twice during the Beta, and hes still too good.

Dj_17Uvfwes

I agree it's fun sometimes but servers overun with people playing that way ain't so fun

when you want to play the game as it's meant to be played.

DICE/EA endorcing it, now thats another deal altogether.

Once upon a time the official DICE view on things like that was follow the Battlefield ROE on Ranked servers

and make all the rules you want or no rules at all, do as you like on Unranked servers.

I don't know if EA/DICE have set gameplay rules for Ranked BF3 servers.

Edited by jblackrupert

Yeah great job to DICE for the idea of giving support C4 so they can just restock despite all the suicide charging just previously witnessed in battlefield 2 and probably BC2. More teamwork my ass.

Yeah great job to DICE for the idea of giving support C4 so they can just restock despite all the suicide charging just previously witnessed in battlefield 2 and probably BC2. More teamwork my ass.

but if they are suicide bombing...they get restocked anyway

why does it matter the support class get it?

It's a problem because they don't need to go run to support to restock.

Things like C4 shouldn't be in the hands of Support.

Balance.

The problem with C4 is balance but it extends beyond that, it also has to do with battlefield 3's new "damage" system. In BF2 for example, ejecting out of a fast moving DPV would pretty much kill you, making suicide drive ins impact K/D ratio 2 kills to 1 death at best since the target was generally the enemy tank.

But now that you can safely dig your heels in with no damage whatsoever regardless of the vehicles speed when you jump out, it throws things out of even more wack, making actions like these more favorable since they won't impact K/D nearly as much and therefore promoting team griefing at the same time.

Here's a small example of abuse, say you ran into a specops guy in Bf2, you've exhausted your grenades..he's hiding in a room, uses his C4 once and now he has to fend with his rifle or run. Support can simply restock the C4 and simply block off the doorway for anyone coming along.

Edited by NodUnit

fair point, read your first post wrong

dunno bout PC, but havnt seen a lot of suicide bombing

although you are right about support just sitting in a room

Happens the same way in Battlefield 2142 on Titan mode.

Grenade spamming in corridors by people defending consoles.

Yeah grenade spaming seems to be a staple of the battlefield series or at least the more recent ones..karkand was really bad about it at the front, just before the sandbags was a no mans zone where grenades rain form the heavens in endless quantities. And the same thing was seen in metro underground only every friggen place.

The core of the problem is that ammo boxes in BF magically refill your inventory just by sitting next to you, and if I'm not mistaken they contain infinite ammo aswell. This was a problem already in 2142 (and apparently in BF2 aswell), so it makes me wonder why DICE/EA hasn't thought of a more involved ammo crate system that doesn't allow players to abuse them like this.

Ammo and medic boxes blow up after a certain number of uses or after a certain amount of time after the player who dropped it dies.

Same with Crates dropped by the Commander, however it doesn't blow up if

the commander is killed.

The problem is they rearm or heal you so damn fast you can just lob granades

like crazy especially if there are more then one crate arround.

Snipers are useful for taking them out from an elevated spot in the case

of nade spam stalemates.

In BF2142 Titan mode, grenade spam stalemates were broken when it was dicovered that you could blow consoles

firing 14 Pilum rounds at the console corridor shields. Some people screamed it was a bug/Exploit, DICE just told

server admins to decide if they allowed it or not.

AUEEBbvp0HU

Edited by jblackrupert

Awesome game! Completed it so quick though, cant wait for the DLC now. :)

lol in that video i see the BC2 bug with explosives not triggering is still in BF3 ... funny ;)

lol in that video i see the BC2 bug with explosives not triggering is still in BF3 ... funny ;)

have a look over CIT, see how many bugs from OFP/A1 where ported in A2/OA.....:rolleyes:

funny indeed

Take note, DICE: Arma2 has lots of unfixed bugs, so it's okay to ignore yours.

Seems perfectly logical to me. ;)

EDIT: Looks like the patch that nerfs IRNVs and Mortars is finally arriving: Link.

On a side note, I also love the fact that full auto damage is getting nerfed. (Guess who almost exclusively uses single shot mode. :D)

Looks like I'll be getting back into the game this week, at least until SWTOR comes around.

Edited by MadDogX