Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

i use the mk11 with holo sights a good bit, at close range unless you fire first you have a good chance of being killed. best used at mid range...dont forget youre light or laser to give you that blinding edge lol

dont even got anything unlocked for it because I simply cant get a kill with it.

Maybe im doing it wrong.

Also ugh all the sound bugs in this game my game was like on mute when I just joined a server...

I need to get the Karkand pack still.

dont even got anything unlocked for it because I simply cant get a kill with it.

Maybe im doing it wrong.

Also ugh all the sound bugs in this game my game was like on mute when I just joined a server...

I need to get the Karkand pack still.

yea took me abit of getting used to at first, i used it on metro and soon found the best way to control it and use it effectively. youll get it in the end. PDW's are another way to go (PP-2000 being my fav)

;2133319']Here is the squad in battlelog' date=' we don't have one on steam since it's useless having one there. [b']I'm not sure PuFu even checks it anymore[/b], maybe some captains should be assigned to handle adding new players.

He does check this thread, just not daily...

When in doubt, TDM. With a shotgun. :p

ahem brother :D

When in doubt, TDM. With a shotgun. :p

All I've been playing is TDM so far until I get to a point where I got enough unlocks and attachments for my guns and get the general feel to the weapons.

Still haven't touched any vehicle to test drive maybe I will do so if we get some Arma group players on.

Robbaz sniper shotgun FTW! :D

True to life ballistics modeling in BF3!

EDIT

Eh???

I suspect that Cooperative was added at the last minute, this mode apparently doesn't allow text chat whatsoever and apparently no VOIP unless im missing something here I was playing it with a random guy and then we got to the second mission and unfortunately I was the pilot and I don't know to fly so I backed out couldn't even wing it.

I need someone to play the cooperative mode with, if anyone is interested add me on origin im also now in the Arma players group you can find me there.

Edited by Flash Thunder

He does check this thread, just not daily...

I was referring to battlelog... but yeah.

I suspect that Cooperative was added at the last minute, this mode apparently doesn't allow text chat whatsoever and apparently no VOIP unless im missing something here I was playing it with a random guy and then we got to the second mission and unfortunately I was the pilot and I don't know to fly so I backed out couldn't even wing it.

Yeah, it's probably better doing it with an Origin buddy so you can use the in-game overlay chat. That or Skype.

It appears I have been hit by what appears to be a widespread error: "Battlefield 3 has stopped working."

Let's just see how long it takes for me to fix it.

I've found a new toy to play with and have miles of fun using it. 'AK-74M with PKA-S Holo, Underslung Rail, Heavy Barrel/Silencer and using M26 DART', huge amounts of fun with the M26 using the holo sight, getting triple kills with one hit in close quarters. :D

;2137041']I've found a new toy to play with and have miles of fun using it. 'AK-74M with PKA-S Holo' date=' Underslung Rail, Heavy Barrel/Silencer and using M26 DART', huge amounts of fun with the M26 using the holo sight, getting triple kills with one hit in close quarters. :D[/quote']

I hate that weapon as much as the USAS now since last night.

got one shotted from about 80 feet by it somehow...

;2137041']I've found a new toy to play with and have miles of fun using it. 'AK-74M with PKA-S Holo' date=' Underslung Rail, Heavy Barrel/Silencer and using M26 DART', huge amounts of fun with the M26 using the holo sight, getting triple kills with one hit in close quarters. :D[/quote']

i use the eotech holo to show off how many kills i gotz :D

I hate that weapon as much as the USAS now since last night.

got one shotted from about 80 feet by it somehow...

I was plagued with it in one game of grand bazaar conquest, didn't even know the M26 had upgrades aswell. Dart is basically flechette, I asked about it while in the same game, then tried it out myself, good for clearing out rooms if slighlty op, I used to use the standalone M26 until i found out anout it being attachable on most weapons.

People I've managed to kill with it never moan, with some new server/client announcements today though most comments have been about it.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

i use the eotech holo to show off how many kills i gotz :D

umadbro :dancehead:

;2137338']

umadbro :dancehead:

no :p i prefer the eotech to the pka-s tbh :)

no :p i prefer the eotech to the pka-s tbh :)

I tend to use the eotech on engineer class, the PKA-S is a bit better for assault rifles as it has a wider fov.

;2137421']I tend to use the eotech on engineer class' date=' the PKA-S is a bit better for assault rifles as it has a wider fov.[/quote']

i liked using the 3.4 pka on the AK till i got the eotech then fell in love with that :D i tend to use the pka-s on the pp-2000 and the odd time on the 416

So, countless repair installs, bcdedits and regedits later, I have made fuck all progress. I give up :mad:

I just got a scary crash not just a CTD of the game exe but it sounded like my graphics card just like shut off and my monitor was black with a large white square I panicked and held the power button down so it couldnt damage my system but just before it turned off it went back to normal desktop and showed a yellow triangle and black exclamation point in the system tray icons.

I couldn't see what it was but what the fuck just happened?????!! :mad:

My Cpu and Gpu temps are fine its warm today but I had MSI running and my GPU temp was 65 Celsius which is totally fine and has always been around there when playing BF3 I have Nvidia driver 295.73 I rolled back from the 296.10 because of BSOD when using Youtube.

I was playing TDM on Damavand peak with only 32 players I went to use an MAV moved for a second and that's when it happened.

Does this sound like a driver issue before I was playing BF3 on the 296.10 driver i doubt its my GPU being defective as I was just playing Starcraft 2 like an hour ago.

Im guessing that alert icon was saying that the display driver crashed or something IDK im worried now my 560ti is only about 2 months old and PSU is only 2 months old. :butbut:

I just bought a Asus GTX 560 (Non Ti) a few weeks ago and have been having lots of problems with many games and 3D demos.

296.10 is known to have problems with Flash and causing the same glitches you get from overheating even when temperatures are fine.

Nvidia knows about the 296.10 issues but hasn't bothered to remove it from their site despite that fact that it's causing bluescreens and freezing

Temperatures are low but all over the place on my card according to EVGA Precision.

Temperatures fluctuate 15C up and down when idle.

I've been seeing a lot of complaints about Nvidia drivers lately and many of them are GTX 560 owners.

It's beginning to look like Nvidia is immitating ATI with their shitty drivers.

I can no longer play Arma 1 because scopes no longer work and Arma 2 textures and objects refuse to load properly

the battlefield is covered in boxes where trees are supposed to be and buildings have no textures.

Thats using 270.48. the driver that shipped with my card.

Edited by jblackrupert

EDIT

295.73 was screwing majorly with Battlefield 3 for me causing the game to crash the display driver and completely power down my computer. FPDR

Im back on 296.10 now since it's a Stable WHQL certified driver despite the annoying BSOD'S on Youtube.......

Edited by Flash Thunder

The issues with GTX 560's seems to be very random.

I've read lots of posts of people saying they are not having troubles then a couple days later they are complaining about the same issues as everyone else.

I'm not even sure the temperature readings I'm getting are real, the fluctuations are just too much to be real

when the ambient temperature in my computer room is cool then temps appear to go up 10+ degrees then drop when it's warmer

there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the temperature readings.

Heaven Demo runs but some weird bands of warped textures appear across the entire screen then dissapears the next time I run it.

The issues with Arma 1 and 2 are constant

Legend of Grimrock is covered in white dots like you get when your AA settings are borked.

There is either something wrong with the 560's hardware wise or the last few drivers are screwed up

and whatever it is is being carried over to the next version.

All I know is 560's users appear to be in the majority of people having issues.

Never mind my whole fucking computer just turned off completely when playing BF3.

Something real fucked up is going on,how could the whole system just power off like I lost power to it? everything else in my room was working still so there was no Power failure.

These issues man god PC gaming is one fucking nightmare after the next I guess I am going to have to go back to the new drivers because BF3 is unplayable now.

If drivers don't fix this i guess I wont be playing BF3 anymore.

Not discounting your experience or the possibility of borked drivers (happened in the past...), but did you try MemTest and Prime95 to stresstest? You probably know quite well, that hardware can develop subtle failures over time. Especially if overclocked, which might be visible only under specific circumstances. Happened to me few times - perfectly good GFX started acting up, etc.

Not discounting your experience or the possibility of borked drivers (happened in the past...), but did you try MemTest and Prime95 to stresstest? You probably know quite well, that hardware can develop subtle failures over time. Especially if overclocked, which might be visible only under specific circumstances. Happened to me few times - perfectly good GFX started acting up, etc.

Yeah I'll give those tests a try tomorrow and run some benchmark software for my GPU, I think it was the drivers a problem most likely because I rolled back from 296.10 to 295.73 and that's when all these issues with BF3 started happening. So I just uninstalled all the Nvidia drivers restarted computer and just reinstalled the 296.10 and the other things I removed from Nvidia.

My EVGA 560Ti 2048MB DDR5 GPU is at stock settings core clock is 822mhz, shader clock at 1645mhz and memory clock at 2004mhz at I never tried to increase the clock speeds really don't need too anyways.

So hopefully now it will be like before but now I will have the BSOD'S in YouTube.

Guess you can disregard my other post jblack :butbut:

Edited by Flash Thunder