JdB

OFPr.info / ofp.gamepark.cz

This in part is sad news for the OFP community. At least the news postings will remain and hopefully the files will live on in the torrent world.

I tried to get the torrent of gamefront/filefront, but I was only able to get a portion of the files. Some one did finally setup a mirror site.

Maybe some kind hearted soul will do the same for OFPr.info

• Like 1

Sad news indeed. But I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later. It's been a great resource for fans of OFP, old and new. Thanks to JDB and all the people mentioned, who either began it or kept it trucking over the years.

:smile_o:

• Like 1

Ok, I will do my part to maintain the files.

I have a 1TB drive that isn't really doing anything at the moment, so I have started to backup the files from the ftp server.

-unofaddons folder complete

-unofaddons2 folder is underway

-unofaddons3 folder will be next in line

-others will follow after that

At least I'll have the files in the ftp structure in case a new server becomes available.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, JdB said:

As you may have read armedassault.info will be closing down in the near future because it is no longer viable to continue paying for an ever decreasing number of visitors and therefore ad-revenues. This also affects the OFPr.info downloads since it is on the same server that will be shut down. The site itself will continue to run unlike armedassault.info, because it was never moved to the new (paid) host. The website address of "ofpr.info" will be discontinued and "ofp.gamepark.cz" will be the only way to access the site.

The entire content of the fileserver along with the pictures from the site will be made available in a torrent using the same file structure as the site. By looking at the links you can find the relevant files in the torrent.

If it turns out that people download, but do not seed the files for others I'll discontinue the torrent.

Many thanks go out to Cervo, Nano19, Dusand, Jerry Hopper and many others that have helped the site stay up for so long.

so just to be clear, what needs / should be archived ?

3 hours ago, dwarden said:

so just to be clear, what needs / should be archived ?

Slightly over 90GB of OFP files.

It might be a little less than 80 if I leave out outdated versions of some of the big mods.

On 6/1/2017 at 7:15 AM, JdB said:

Slightly over 90GB of OFP files.

It might be a little less than 80 if I leave out outdated versions of some of the big mods.

There is also quite a bit of Arma1 & 2 stuff in the armedassault.info section.

I may also try to make a backup of that.

Oh, JdB, one question. Are files stored on ofp.gamepark.cz going to remain there?

I can download those also.

31 minutes ago, zulu1 said:

There is also quite a bit of Arma1 & 2 stuff in the armedassault.info section.

Oh, JdB, one question. Are files stored on ofp.gamepark.cz going to remain there?

Armedassault is over 250GB IIRC. I don't have a backup of that myself.

Do you mean the pictures from ofp.gamepark.cz? I also downloaded those just in case, but they should remain as they are stored on gamepark.cz servers. Only the downloads are going to stop working *

* Famous last words ...

The files I'm talking about are :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/download/

and

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/unofaddons/

and

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/missions/

and

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/missionpacks/

and

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/mpmissions/

and

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/campaigns/

and

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/islands/

and

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/utilities/

and

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/editorextra/

Granted most of these files are really old, but they are still on ofp.gamepark.cz domain. Many of them have bad links that came from all the changes in hosts over the years, but you can get to them on these index pages.

Should be ok as it's the gamepark.cz domain. I'll download them just in case, but a lot might be duplicates of the current server and/or outdated by newer releases. The "News" directory is the pictures server (where some bad newsposter also uploaded some addons despite having been told not to :hehe: )

I don't even have login details for the server of that other stuff. Must be some Ye Olde Server :eh:

• Like 1

I'm going through the files looking for outdated versions of addons and removing them since there is no point in making the torrent any bigger than it needs to be.

Before: 89.395,9 MB spread over 51.061 files

After: 82.205,6 MB spread over 50.905 files

• Like 1

A while back the server experienced some problems and some files got corrupted. Thanks mainly to Zulu1 the remaining list of corrupt files is limited to the following. If you have any of these files in your backups please try to send them to me so I can include them. I've removed these for now as there is no point in sharing files that can't be opened/extracted. Zulu1 did give me some of these files, but they turned out to be older versions, some of which were already on the server.

fun\armaspy.zip
campaigns\OperationCodeBlue.zip [Fixed]
islands2\dravoc.zip [Fixed]
mods\BETA-1.rar [Fixed]
mods\FFUR_2007_Extra_Packs.rar [Fixed]
mods\Lebanon1_3Sinai1_5.rar [Fixed]
mods\opgwcbeta.zip [Fixed]
mods\unsung_demo.zip [Fixed]
mods\WWIIPackobjects.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons\372-INGRAM MAC 10.zip [Fixed]
unofaddons\Chicken1.0.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons\DDAM_vaaben.zip
unofaddons\GermanWeapons.zip
unofaddons\rktF4E&grey.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons\scoutland.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons2\@Conspiracies.rar
unofaddons2\BAS-All-in-one-pack.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons2\DOSLOCOSB1.zip
unofaddons2\Rel.rar
unofaddons2\wip_m4a1.rar
unofaddons2\WrpTool_AGS_Harbour.ace
unofaddons3\LSR_US_Navy_SEALs_100.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons3\PRPH_AB412REOS_1.0.rar [Fixed]
stt_klr_frog-1.zip [Fixed]

Thanks to zulu1, hammer_cz!

• Like 3

fun\armaspy.zip (No Luck)
campaigns\OperationCodeBlue.zip
mods\BETA-1.rar (might not be the same file)
mods\opgwcbeta.zip
mods\WWIIPackobjects.rar
unofaddons\372-INGRAM MAC 10.zip
unofaddons\rktF4E&grey.rar
unofaddons\scoutland.rar
unofaddons2\@Conspiracies.rar (I have lots of conspiracies files but not this exact name and file format)
unofaddons2\DOSLOCOSB1.zip (No luck, but just looks like a video)
unofaddons2\Rel.rar (No luck)
unofaddons2\wip_m4a1.rar (v0.9 is on the server, I am looking for 1.0 or later) (for OFP v.9 seems to be the latest)
unofaddons2\WrpTool_AGS_Harbour.ace (No Luck)
unofaddons3\PRPH_AB412REOS_1.0.rar
stt_klr_frog-1.zip

JdB,

I thought I gave you most everything. I have most of the above except noted.

I made a folder on my GoogleDrive and uploaded the files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByvuJ-pCUiUIYXUxNGt3OTRHbG8

• Like 1

On 9/27/2017 at 2:21 AM, JdB said:

A while back the server experienced some problems and some files got corrupted. Thanks mainly to Zulu1 the remaining list of corrupt files is limited to the following. If you have any of these files in your backups please try to send them to me so I can include them. I've removed these for now as there is no point in sharing files that can't be opened/extracted. Zulu1 did give me some of these files, but they turned out to be older versions, some of which were already on the server.

fun\armaspy.zip
campaigns\OperationCodeBlue.zip
islands2\dravoc.zip [Fixed]
mods\BETA-1.rar
mods\FFUR_2007_Extra_Packs.rar [Fixed]
mods\Lebanon1_3Sinai1_5.rar [Fixed]
mods\opgwcbeta.zip
mods\unsung_demo.zip [Fixed]
mods\WWIIPackobjects.rar
unofaddons\372-INGRAM MAC 10.zip
unofaddons\Chicken1.0.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons\rktF4E&grey.rar
unofaddons\scoutland.rar
unofaddons2\@Conspiracies.rar
unofaddons2\BAS-All-in-one-pack.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons2\DOSLOCOSB1.zip
unofaddons2\Rel.rar
unofaddons2\wip_m4a1.rar (v0.9 is on the server, I am looking for 1.0 or later)
unofaddons2\WrpTool_AGS_Harbour.ace
unofaddons3\LSR_US_Navy_SEALs_100.rar [Fixed]
unofaddons3\PRPH_AB412REOS_1.0.rar
stt_klr_frog-1.zip

Thanks to zulu1, hammer_cz!

Hey, who should I contact to get all of the files currently stored on the server [ or locally somewhere], so I can also have a local backup of all of them on one of my HDDs?

I'd like to preserve the entire mods list you have as well. For the old times. Thank you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, inlesco said:

Hey, who should I contact to get all of the files currently stored on the server [ or locally somewhere], so I can also have a local backup of all of them on one of my HDDs?

I'd like to preserve the entire mods list you have as well. For the old times. Thank you.

Inlesco,

I think JdB is preparing a torrent file of all the FTP files to put up on the net.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zulu1 said:

JdB,

I thought I gave you most everything. I have most of the above except noted.

I made a folder on my GoogleDrive and uploaded the files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByvuJ-pCUiUIYXUxNGt3OTRHbG8

You could be right about Wipman's M4A1, aa.info had a 1.0 version for Armed Assault and I think some careless newsposter just uploaded it to the wrong FTP. Happened to more files where there were almost identical names or the same files but with different extensions. Some uploads that were aborted afterwards which is why these were the only files remaining that weren't retreivable. A Google search removed two more from the list. Through that search I have become ever more astonished that everyone was perfectly fine with relying on a single site to host pretty much all content for so long. Almost every website that referenced addons used download links from us which makes it easy to understand why the site never came close to breaking even. I can only recall one month where the amount of income equaled the costs and that was because one of the newsposters donated €50 (and that was more than all other donations ever combined). It's easy to take it for granted until it's gone. Closing down the site temporarily 8 years or so ago would have been a better time of demonstrating that principle. A script to prevent external linking to files would have been convenient a decade and a half ago ... 

"beta1.zip" is a different file, almost 3 years older than the one that is corrupted and content is different as well. Through some sniffing I've found out that the original is the "Lost World Mod" and there is a file named "JurrasicBETA.rar" that has the same content and dates. Lazy people not giving proper names to their releases and newsposters not lifting a finger either :dozingoff:

Regarding "opgwcbeta.zip" 7Zip, WinRar, WinAce and Windows' own unzipper all give me an error about "Dta\Sound.pbo" being corrupted both in your version and in the one from the server.

Same for "DDAM_vaaben.rar" with "HMP_M96.pbo" and "GermanWeapons.zip" gives me an "Unexpected end of archive".

All the same errors that the original files had, so I think you either downloaded those from the server or they were already damaged to begin with.

There are always a few that slip past, oh well.

• Like 1

Sad to see that the major distributor of mods and addons is now being deprecated, but understandable considering how much it costs hosting this data for very little profit or return. But great to see the community rallied around saving this data! Is there anything I can do to help?

I am currently helping OFPEC fixing the tag system and the news publisher to ensure it stays up for a long time to come, and I'd love to work on a mirror of ofpr.info in the very near future. I was hoping I would have more time (maybe early next year) but if we can get a torrent of all the files, I can start working very soon in that mirror to try and avoid any data loss, and in the mean time having that being seeded for everyone else as well.

On 29/09/2017 at 6:11 AM, zulu1 said:

I think JdB is preparing a torrent file of all the FTP files to put up on the net.

That would be great to have :happy:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zulu1 said:

JdB,

I had a copy of opgwcbeta extracted with a good sound file. I patched the zip file and uploaded it again, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByvuJ-pCUiUIQ2Rzb3pUZ0NHdFE

Thanks, that one works without error. The other files being damaged is unfortunate, but they're either really old and mostly only small addons that very few missions/campaigns will require. I'll see if I can get the torrent up and running. Fingers crossed since I've never set up a torrent before ... One thing to keep in mind is the 256 character limit for paths which the other torrent posted a while back was giving me problems with.

• Like 2

SFTY_MarinePack_v2.0

LSR_rang150

LSR_uswp125

OFF_GROM_release_1.2b

OFPL_spec_1.0d

SJB_WeaponsPack_v1.1

Armas UKF 2.0

LSR_USAF_ParaRescue_CCT_100

LSR_US_Weapons_Pack_300

joh_acu_sf_1.0 piel 

I have these mods where I upload it ?????

Edited by Sir BlackCrazy
bad translation

I can have a look at mods I backed up to disc when I get home next week for anything that's still missing.

Would there be the possibility of adding stuff that was never available on the site? Addons like the latest version of HYK's US infantry etc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sir BlackCrazy said:

estos addons sirven los que tengo ?????

please speak in English as per the forum rules.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

please speak in English as per the forum rules.

it was translation error lord i'm venezuelan and i want to collaborate google error XD