Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

How does one go about to disable all the missions (ie. editing the mission files) where you first have to search dead bodies to find something to blow up?

Hi Viking, when starting the mission on a dedicated server, pick the mission type as "General Operations" instead of "Hard Operations". Or you can go to the file tasks\patrol_ops.sqf and delete the specific missions from the arrays in there.

Sorry of this was discussed before, but I did some searching without success.

So I would like to ask if it would be possible to "extract" the tasks part of PO and turn into a module of sorts that can be easily used in different missions. It could work like this: you have an object with an action: Request mission. That action would run a PO task "module" and generate a mission. Something like SOM on demand.

Im currently working on a rather simple sandbox mission where me and some AI operate from LHD and do stuff. My main goal is to make that mission random, single player and (most importantly) non CPU heavy. That is why I do not want all the full MSO or PO framework. However I lack the skills needed to take only what I want from PO.

Sorry of this was discussed before, but I did some searching without success.

So I would like to ask if it would be possible to "extract" the tasks part of PO and turn into a module of sorts that can be easily used in different missions. It could work like this: you have an object with an action: Request mission. That action would run a PO task "module" and generate a mission. Something like SOM on demand.

Im currently working on a rather simple sandbox mission where me and some AI operate from LHD and do stuff. My main goal is to make that mission random, single player and (most importantly) non CPU heavy. That is why I do not want all the full MSO or PO framework. However I lack the skills needed to take only what I want from PO.

This _may_ be more easily do-able with MSO, albeit you will have to use their version of Roy's scripts

I did look through those, but it total vodoo dark magic for me.

BTW: MSO does use PO in a way I described, maybe Ill ask there.

I wish I could activate ACE_WOUNDS_PREVTIME parameter in version 2.04 with ace wounds, I should do?

I've seen those parameters in the file but not working XEH_preinit.

Regards and thanks for this splendid work.

Hey, can someone provide version 2.03 downloads somewhere? I'm tired of playing the 2.04 version with no CIVS or Insurgents. Would rather go back to v2.03 until these issues are resolved in 2.05

There is an issue with arma which is in every mission, the enemies skill, you either have them thick like they have mental disabilities, or they work as a team and work well, but have nearly pin point accuracy, when it comes to TK INS, i dont want them to headshot me at over 700m with an AK, but i want them to not run around like headless chickens, is it possible for you to add a more indepth skill param into the mission Roy?

There is also another small thing, is it possible to have one or two waves of reinforcements, the difficulty that me and my community would like is very dependent on how many enemies, but no server in the world can handle over 300 takistani's fireing at once, so is it possible to have reinforcements to appear after some have been killed and cleared up?

also to:

I wish I could activate ACE_WOUNDS_PREVTIME parameter in version 2.04 with ace wounds, I should do?

I've seen those parameters in the file but not working XEH_preinit.

Regards and thanks for this splendid work.

if you add ACE_WOUNDS_PREVTIME = (number you want) into the ace wounds module, you have it.

Hey guys, good feedback. 2.05 is in testing and will be rolling out within a few days. This will fix most bugs and has alot of tweaks to the code. Just very busy atm and i'll try to keep you updated.

Yes excellent news there roy86. What is the easiest way to "upgrade" a custom version?

What do you mean by "upgrade"? (What changes have you made specifically?)

Allo, popping in to ask a simple question.

Does Patrol Ops use DAC? Because I saw the S(X) units numbered to 32, but I can't find the bloody DAC_Config_Creator to adjust the string to S40 and higher.

Thanks in advance

Cypher

Allo, popping in to ask a simple question.

Does Patrol Ops use DAC? Because I saw the S(X) units numbered to 32, but I can't find the bloody DAC_Config_Creator to adjust the string to S40 and higher.

Thanks in advance

Cypher

A legacy being passed on between versions. PO1 did, PO2 doesn't.

Cheers,

Hey guys, good feedback. 2.05 is in testing and will be rolling out within a few days. This will fix most bugs and has alot of tweaks to the code. Just very busy atm and i'll try to keep you updated.

Great stuff, looking forward to it.

A legacy being passed on between versions. PO1 did, PO2 doesn't.

Cheers,

Ah, so what are the numbered units for?

Could you explain?

What do you mean by "upgrade"? (What changes have you made specifically?)

I have added a little to the intro text, added ACE-wound module and replaced the soldiers. Also som AI for both sides randomly around the map via DAC (ace built in version).

Can be activated the "ACE" gunner optics in attack helicopters??? for Patrol Ops of course

Greetings and thanks.

Question, I put the Chernarus Patrol ops on my server and everything works fine other than it plays one mission and once completed it doesn't cycle to another one. Fix? Bug? or error on my part?

Hello, is this forum still active? If is it, I d like to ask. Are you going to transform patrol ops also for redfor? and Are going to make version for little fractions? I mean no US, but AÄŒR and BAF, or for chernarus AÄŒR, BAF and CDF. Is here posibility to create version with addons, for example like frenchpoint or finish forces?

Main of all I d be really pleased for first aid system, just like in takistan force mission is. It s much much better. Medic can revive, but other players can use only first aid. FA takes 3x much time and injured man isn t also fully healed. It would be the best way, because many times when some players can t walk, they suicide by explosive and then someone revive them and they can run fully.

Thanks for reading and and answering :-)

Edited by VashCZ

Hello, is this forum still active? If is it, I d like to ask. Are you going to transform patrol ops also for redfor? and Are going to make version for little fractions? I mean no US, but AÄŒR and BAF, or for chernarus AÄŒR, BAF and CDF. Is here posibility to create version with addons, for example like frenchpoint or finish forces?

Main of all I d be really pleased for first aid system, just like in takistan force mission is. It s much much better. Medic can revive, but other players can use only first aid. FA takes 3x much time and injured man isn t also fully healed. It would be the best way, because many times when some players can t walk, they suicide by explosive and then someone revive them and they can run fully.

Thanks for reading and and answering :-)

Hi VashCZ, Yep we're still here. 2.05 is done, and we're testing it at OCB. There are ports for different factions and maps but not all can be done. I'm very behind in rolling this out as i'm flat out with work but i'll post up as soon as i'm ready.

Wounding system is the very same as TFOR and BON did a great job with it, a simple and well balanced injury system.

Cheers,

Hello.

I'm trying to move base to the carrier.

But I have a problem. How to set the respawn height?

Thank you.

ok.. so first to say I apologize for my last comment, because most of things I told, were quite clear long time before

Wounding system is fine, I like it. For fractions.. it s fine now, some issues with version for ACR and maybe others.. but who play it :-D.

So here are only several things I d like to tell you.

1. I d like you to take a look at A2 free version. Many players who have free are playing only only only domination... I want to make them play something else :-D. I had problem with ambient civilians, IEDs and mission for defend something(maybe objects what doesn t exists for A2free I guess).

2. Please create new version for CO. Best for Chernarus and so for Takistan, or at least one of it. Base on airfield and using only ACR and BAF soldiers and vehicles(and may be KSK but they are not important).

3. I like your mission.

Hello there

did anyone manage a conversion to i44 for this?

My attempts failed, 3para started on one, but Ive never been able to locate it and the last chats in this thread, judging by the search engine were quite some time ago.

If one exists, I'd love a pointer to it

Rgds

LoK