Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Drongo's Toolkit

Which settings would be needed to be set in Preferences for this particular mission? Currently the ones I have activated are: _command, _menu, _voices, _infoshare

Those should be fine.

Does AI still need waypoints if Objectives is set to false? Looks like, as the AI does nothing even with _AI set to true.

The AI module only works with objectives, so you need to place your own waypoints.

In that case, there's no need to assign commanders, right? Not even the player?

The player needs to be assigned as a commander or the command menu will not open.

Does that mean that in this case DT is only used for platoon level management? (so, AI would still need waypoints set in the editor and such?)

Correct.

Objectives: Assault/Defend only mode:

Invisible objectives

Good ideas, but beyond my level of motivation at the moment. However, if you comment out the appropriate lines in DT\Objectives\VictoryCheck.sqs, you can prevent a side from being able to win. This should serve your purposes.

Radio Operators

Another good idea, I'll consider this in the future.

Invisible units and DSAI

By invisible, do you mean unseens or undetected? I won't change this, as it would prove a hassle in MP. However, a group in AWARE mode will not say anything. You can change this in DT\Voices\Group.sqs.

I'm not currently working on DT, as I am focusing on a different project. However, if my current version is not too much of a mess, I will release it later. Hopefully it contains some useful bugfixes.

The AI module only works with objectives, so you need to place your own waypoints.

I realized that later. The reactions of the AI were in fact the default BIS ones. That was why they defended so poorly.

Good ideas, but beyond my level of motivation at the moment. However, if you comment out the appropriate lines in DT\Objectives\VictoryCheck.sqs, you can prevent a side from being able to win. This should serve your purposes.

Yes, I saw that. I, in fact, finally created my own victorycheck script:

@count dtObjectives > 0
~30
_objectives = +(dtObjectives)

_dmgWest = 0.1
_dmgEast = 0.2
_dmgRes = 0.3

_dmg = _dmgEast

#loop
_objsCaptured = 0
{ if ((damage _x) == _dmg) then { _objsCaptured = _objsCaptured + 1 } } forEach _objectives

?(_objsCaptured == count _objectives): "3" objStatus "done", goto "end"

~5
goto "loop"

#end
titleText ["VICTORY", "PLAIN"]
~2
dtEndMission = true
exit

By invisible, do you mean unseens or undetected? I won't change this, as it would prove a hassle in MP. However, a group in AWARE mode will not say anything. You can change this in DT\Voices\Group.sqs.

I meant invisible as in dummy units. But it must have been a misconception from my part. While testing I assigned english voices to the russians and russian to the rebels, just to make it easier to distinguish each side. What was happening was that there were moments where a russian voice was heard very, very close when it shouldn't (as in just arriving at the attack position, which is a few hundred meters away from any rebel). Seeing that no rebel was around then my guess was that the one that said that was some kind of invisible dummy unit close to my position.

I'm not currently working on DT, as I am focusing on a different project. However, if my current version is not too much of a mess, I will release it later. Hopefully it contains some useful bugfixes.

That's sad to hear, but I understand fully. Although I, for one, hope you release that new version.

Edited by kenoxite

I'm practically done with the mission, only an intro and maybe expanding the debriefing and some other stuff would be left.

I thought about putting it here, as it extensively uses DT, and a slightly tweaked version for that, and some feedback would be appreciated. So here it is.

*Single Player only*

Simple Assault v1.0 - BMD - DT (provisional title): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3qv8eo96iwpx7wm

Overview: Lead a VDV platoon in your mission to clear the area from rebels.

Requires:

TWEAKS MADE TO DT FOR THIS MISSION

Most, if not all, the changed scripts are placed in the DT_overrides directory. The scripts that were calling to the scripts now overriden have been tweaked to point to these new files. So, the only actual changes to the DT directory are in those files.

Objectives and victory condition

• Objectives are invisible (as in no visible marker)
  • An area marker (circle) is placed instead, managed from outside DT. This marker only appears once the objective has been detected by the player's side, and will change color accordingly once the objective has been captured (from red to green).
  • Once captured, the objective logic used by DT is removed. This was done to motivate the AI to stop trying to recapture them, and focus on the ones it has left.
  • Victory condition tweaked so attackers don't need owned objectives.
  • Victory is now achieved only when the player's side captures all the objectives.

Radio communications

• Now the player can only use the command, artillery, etc menus as long as one of the members of his group has a radio (including the player himself).
  • Radios are now absolutely essential, not only to access the command, artillery, etc menus, but also to being able to track units in the map. This was changed in order to fix the default behaviour, where the player was able to keep issuing orders through the map even without a radio. The markers will appear again once someone in the group of the player has a radio again.

OTHER FEATURES

• Squad healing. The player is able to order all the injured units in his group to heal by just pressing one button.
  • First aid kits. Every unit in the player's group carries one and is able to use it. Enemies and other friendly units also have a chance to carry one, although they won't use them. Once dead, their kits can be picked up by the player or his units (but just one kit can be carried per person at any given time).
  • Attach/Detach from group. The player (and his RTO, if it's not himself) can detach from the group he's assigned to at any given moment. He (and his RTO, if it's not himself) can rejoin the squad again if needed (as long as the group is still alive).
  • Random weather

ISSUES

Because it wouldn't be a post of mine if these aren't included :P

• Sometimes someone in my side seems to callfor artillery strikes (when we spot enemy APCs for the first time). I thought only the commander was able to do that. Is that correct?
  • The enemy's BMPs don't react to the assault (BMPs with only crew, no cargo). They just patiently wait in their starting positions until the player destroys them. Note that they react properly when the player is detected (they shoot back) but they simply don't move an inch. I tried moving them to different places just in case they get stuck in the geometry, but that doesn't change anything. Right now they're left there, totally exposed, as if I can't fix this I'll probably end removing them.

Edited by kenoxite
forgot to mention it's SP only

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to use Drongo's Toolkit to implement a mission with the following characteristics:

• multiplayer with: BLUEFOR and OPFOR are partly human controlled
  • Multiple human players per side. Optionally OPFOR has one commander, while BLUEFOR has a commander and other human officers.
  • WGL/CoC Artillery/Airsupport
  • Squads/Platoons on each side, accepting orders from respective BLUEFOR/OPFOR commander

Cheers!

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to use Drongo's Toolkit to implement a mission with the following characteristics:

• multiplayer with: BLUEFOR and OPFOR are partly human controlled
  • Multiple human players per side. Optionally OPFOR has one commander, while BLUEFOR has a commander and other human officers.
  • WGL/CoC Artillery/Airsupport
  • Squads/Platoons on each side, accepting orders from respective BLUEFOR/OPFOR commander

Cheers!

I played a test mission with me as BLUFOR-commander and Sanctuary as a human squad leader (not a commander) against several AI squads, so this works definitely.

I think it should also be possible for both sides being commanded by a player each; there was a small difference between both sides, but I think it was a configuration thing.

I remember also seing all WGL-classes in the configurations, so it should be compatible with it, though you'll have to adjust the airsupport to use the WGL-classes/ammo. COC UA is already integrated. In the end, you need to try :)

Hi,

while I wanted to give some feedback on the enitre package, I am going to withhold it for now. There are some issues that need urgent attention - or it is me who is not able to run the demo mission properly.

1.) First, onmapclick does not work properly. I could not pin-point down the error - but shortly after the arrival of the first reinforcements the unit marker selection does not work (click, shift-click and alt-click).

2.) Secondly, russian 'ghost' voices and english commands can be heard all the time. This is very unnerving feature.

All in all, the script is a great idea and has great potential, so keep up the good work (:

ps Does WGL show errors with 1.99? Does Drongos Toolkit work with 1.99?

1.) First, onmapclick does not work properly. I could not pin-point down the error - but shortly after the arrival of the first reinforcements the unit marker selection does not work (click, shift-click and alt-click).

You need to call up the command net again (through action menu or other means) to have clicking working again; some stuff like CAS or COC Artillery use their own mapclick-handlers, thus overriding the unit/marker clicking.

2.) Secondly, russian 'ghost' voices and english commands can be heard all the time. This is very unnerving feature.

I think Kenoxite released with his CCE-update a new voice-PBO where you don't hear everyone on the other side of the map.

ps Does WGL show errors with 1.99? Does Drongos Toolkit work with 1.99?

I myself have not tested WGL with 1.99, but DT works with 1.99 without problems.

DrongosToolkitVoices.pbo with corrected volumes: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kiro3zbgvgkv6cz

As for the click problems, I'm afraid that had nothing to do with CAS or other onmapclick scripts interfering with it. I had problems with that just from the start of the mission. The only solution I found was to switch to the camera of another squad and switch back. That sometimes helped. Anyway, it was a weird issue.

Before I ask my question, I need to note that I'm using the older version of the toolkit--THREAD LINK

I was wondering what the effect was on an enemy unit's AI when you designate them as a certain type of unit? For example, if I designate an enemy BMP-2 as a mechanized unit, does that trigger any sort of additional TSC AI enhancement scripts or does it just assign a TSC mechanized marker to the BMP? Additionally, will friendly units react any differently to enemy units that are not assigned a TSC unit type designation (besides just calling them out and placing a marker on the map)?

Thanks for the help!

In TSC I don't think it changes anything. In DT I think it changes the distance that AI will react to enemy groups detected by InfoShare as well as the chance of calling air or arty on the group.