Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

TOH Multi Player type?

Hi,

I'm not really sure if this has been asked / discussed before, I have tried to search on the forums and the webpage and I didn't find anything...

I'm curious on how TOH Multi Player capability has been designed, that is:

1. How many simultaneous players are the servers designed to handle?
  2. Is the approach MMORPG like where we have a continuous living world with day cycles and the players kind of solve their missions on their own or it is the other way around, little games with a bunch of players playing cooperatively (can that be with helicopter missions?)
  3. We will see the typical ArmA freedom? Will we be able to go from our helicopter to someone else helicopter, then be a copilot and 5 minutes latter use a FLIR camera?

Thanks

Isaac

1. I assume the maximum player count is, like arma, more or less only restricted by the capacity of the server hardware (and the mission maker). There never has been any forced player limit afaik.

2. In arma there are possibilities to have a persistant world and missions which just keep on going while new missions are generated on the fly. But this is, afaik, mostly (if not all) community made. Coop is supported, also with multiple helicopters for a mission (was mentioned somewhere).

3. It has been confirmed that you can fly as co-pilot and pilot/co-pilot can hands each other the controls. In the beta it's already possible to change vehicles/helicopters (although sometimes buggy). So I would say yes, it will be possible.

How will dedicated servers work to play on?

Sounds like I'll be purchasing this now then :)

Thanks!

Edited by Jest