Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Add missing animations, for basic actions of infantryman.

Hi @BIS! Unfortunately, in Arma 3 missing a lot animations of basic actions. In the majority cases, instead of the proper animations of basic action, used not appropriate animation, or is no animation at all.  For example at the repair, used self-treatment animation, or for set mine or deploying any static weapon, used "take" animation etc... These parts look bad. And these are not just cosmetic problems!

If a soldier sets up a mine or deploys turret/mortar, or searches the pockets of the corpses, then he should spend some time! He must do this actions by means special animation, with hands manipulations, being inclined to the ground surface, Because such actions occur at the level of the ground, but not higher! This actions must be more realistic, Instead of 1 second, to take out from the emptiness the invisible object, as we see now.  @BIS, please make proper animations at least for basic actions in the game. This will make the game better and more realistic.

A list of the only some required and missing animations in the Arma3:

* deploying any static weapons. (spending a certain amount of time and hands manipulations on the ground level is expected)
* deploying weapons on bipods. (spending a certain amount of time and hands manipulations on the ground level is expected)
* open/close door. (hand movement animation expected)
* take any thing from the ground or ammo box. (spending a certain amount of time and hands manipulations on the ground level is expected)
* death for any static weapon gunner/quadbike driver/attack-boat crew.(expected ragdoll or at least normal death anim)
* Installation/disarm mine. (spending a certain amount of time and hands manipulations on the ground level is expected)
* activation of explosive charge. (hands manipulations expected, would be great to see activator in the player's hand)
* reloading the Missile-Laucher. (normal animation expected, with missile in the player's hands)
* repair vehicle anim. (spending a certain amount of time and the special repair animation is expected, instead the fast self-treatment animation)
* searching the pockets or rearm from the corpse. (spending a certain amount of time and hands manipulations on the ground level is expected)
* throw on the ground the unnecessary current weapon. (expected animation of the throw current weapons, instead of transfer of invisible weapons, behind back of soldier)
* dropping of backpack. (expected normal dropping animation, today player can see only "take-animaton")
* switching optics modes animations. (between top and bottom sight, does not exist in general any anim)
* jump down from the elevation. (today does not exist in general any anim)
* switching fire mode. (today does not exist in general any anim)
* remove/install weapon modules, supressor, items. (spending a certain amount of time and  special animations are expected, today does not exist in general any anim)
* on/off night vision. (hand movement animation expected, today does not exist in general any anim)

For the majority of actions at the ground level, you can create one animation to simulate it for actions such as installing a mine, or installing a static weapon, etc.  If at least one animation is added for several actions, then it will already be good!

As for the lack of dead-animations for static shooters and drivers of quadbake, it's generally a little shame for a good game. Please remove the game from such things...

• Like 3

With the jet UCAV it's even more necessary to have UAS's maintain altitude above sea level, instead of above ground level.

• Like 2

It would be great if we can change the color of distance to the waypoint. or maybe have a default color of red because that thing is hard to find sometimes because of background colors

• Like 1

I like how its changed to where we can pick up a gun and ammo all at once, but why didn't they change that for anytime you go to pick up stuff where there's more than 1 item? that way it's faster and easier, but if you don't wanna grab everything you can also look at what's there like we do now. it's gotta be an easy change to make

Hello BI I'v been a long time fan of this series and although there are a lot of wants for this game. Many of my friends (i.e. military vets) would just simple like that instead of the weapons on your back you would sling them on your front like we do in real life and the AT to be across your back instead of up and down. I know this is asking a lot but it does kinda erk us military veterans that play this series of game.

• Like 2

A script command for manipulating an objects temperature, as in it's visibility on thermal imaging.

For example:

_object setTemperature 373; // In Kelvin ( about 100 degrees Celsius )

_objectTemperature = temperature _object; // Get the current temperature of the object: 373 (K)

• Like 1

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but I'd really like to see a holster option for your sidearm.

Hello there,

since Arma 3 has a huge Modding Community, more and more weapons are added and I think this is really important now. The Virtual Arsenal has become an important part in many custom missions and if you installed one or two big mods, this becomes messy very fast. So I would love to see a better management for Items through more options.

These Options could be literally everything. I'll give you a few examples:

Rocket Launcher:

Spoiler

titan.jpg

Base Weapon: Titan MPRL

Options:

> Compact: Yes/No

> Colour: Digital/Green Hex/Hex/Sand/Tropic

IdZ Vests (BWMod)

Spoiler

vest.jpg

Base Item: IdZ Vest
Options:
> Unit: Normal/Autorifleman/Grenadier/Marksman/Medic/Rifleman/Squad Leader

> Colour: Flecktarn/Tropentarn

Tactical Vest (Arma + 2 Mods)

Spoiler

tactical_vest.jpg
Base Item: Tactical Vest

Options:

> Colour: Black/Brown/Camo/ERDL/Khaki/Olive/Police/Stavrou

CTRG Uniform

Spoiler

ctrg.jpg
Base Item: CTRG Uniform

Options:

> Type: Combat/Stealth/Urban

> Style: Normal/Rolled-Up/Tee

AK74M

Spoiler

ak74m.jpg
You get the Idea...

I think an option to set a preferred sorting method in the Virtual Araenal would be great. For instance, I prefer using "By Mod" sorting instead of "Alphabetically", but having to manually change it for each item category is tedious and inconvenient. Either changing it in one category applying to all or a setting in "Game Options" to improve this would be very nice. Thank you.

Yep. So, risking a ban or deletion, I dredge up the elephant-on-the-server. Complaints by players on what needs to be finished to make Arma 3 complete.

Many mods have been created to fill in some of these gaps, yet those things should be integrated into the base simulation. The two big ones, first.

** THIS IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST PEEVE: Drive all small objects into items that can be carried in inventory. Like - cans of food, water bottles, soda, bandages, defibulater, etc. Really. We do this in real life also. Plus - it adds legs to the game for modders without having to create additional addOns. Anything that is small enough to be be carried, should be carried and put in inventory. And used in some manner, like swinging an axe or hammer or screwdriver or drill. It probably would be easy to drive it down to an inventory item. As a part of the official version. Not difficult. Just saying.

** Another big pet peeve: there are about a twenty buildings I cannot enter, or portions of buildings. Why not TAKE A MOMENT AND FINISH UP THE INTERIOR ACCESS TO ALL BUILDINGS? All buildings. Every building. The whole building.

These two things alone would improve the Arma3 environment.

And the big list of minor frustrations and discussed wants:

1) One handed pistol animation, with option to hold something else in the other hand.... like a flare, lightstick, or flashlight. Or open a door with something in one hand. Really. We do this in real life. Why not Arma3?

2) Speaking of which, why must I throw a light stick? why not simply activate and hold it?  A flare, also.

3) Why not drive all your previous models and maps from Arma 2 into Arma 3, and call it a DLC, making it an official part of Arma3 and not an modder Addon? Heck, there are some quality versions  but they are addOns. I'd pay for that DLC.

4) Move some medium objects into a carry animation .... like real life. Half my Army career (other than maintaining vehicles in a motor pool) was carrying stuff from point A to  point b.... particularly 5 gal water and fuel cans, ammo boxes, shared carry of heavier boxes, etc. Integrate this, and a supporting slow walk animation into arma - like a one handed carry of the 5 gallon container (free up a hand for a handgun), or carrying two 5 gallon containers one in each hand, or one handed tool box carry, whatever.

5) ummm... shouldn't an under mount grenade launcher be an attachment? And how about a under barrel shotgun attachment M203, M26 and M320?  I mean, like - there are spaces for it, where the light attaches. Also - a flechette/shotgun round for the grenade launcher would offer some fun. Light and laser attachment for handguns.

6) and speaking of which... Shotguns? where are my shotties? did the Greeks (or wherever Altis is) skip that bit of technology?

7) Civilian hunting rifle(s). Are they no longer allowed in the near future? Plus... bows and crossbows. What happened to my rock to throw?

8) A bus. I'd like a bus. I want a bus. I need a bus. Two busses. A big bus that sits 40 people, as well as a short bus, for those less than sharp arma kiddies to ride in. And let me shoot out the windows, and exit the back option.

9) Shovel, Pick axe, axe, knife, machete, crowbar, pliers, drill, screwdriver, hammer, sledge - I use all of this in my military  career on noticeable occasion. I'd throw in club, baseball bat, and hockey stick (do they play hockey in Altis? they should.) just  to be all encompassing... drive the items to use as weapons or tools (ever been stabbed with a screwdriver? Open a door with a crowbar? cut fence with pliers? dig a trench or defensive position or grave or cache site?) so modders could spend time modding a scenario rather than modding supporting items. Plus - a Katana. Everyone likes a good ninja sword. Obviously with supporting animations.

10) Can ya dig it, baby? Not with a shovel, but with some heavy equipment like a bulldozer, back hoe, dumptruck whatever. Berm up a base? Underground facilities, anyone?

11) Military and civilian recovery vehicles - tow trucks, and tow bars. Make it part of the environment. Stuff breaks down, and we don't just abandon it. I could see a tow truck driver in Altis Life, or military recovery vehicle on Stratis. With an articulated towing system, no less. Be great if it articulates as you move... speaking of which: Tow Bars. Where are the vehicle tow bars for combat recovery? We have a mod that tows through 'attachTo' but it is fixed straight not articulated. How difficult would it be?

12) Cows. Horses. Crows. Something in Altis kills all of them off? or did the missing WOMEN take them when they left all the remaining men to turn gay? Ride a horse to battle, or shoot from a horse. Use a horse or cow as pack animals to carry weapons, ammo, supplies. Crows. I miss the crows, circling or feasting off the dead. And the disrupted bird sounds as you moved through brush.

13) Speaking of the fairer sex: women faces and bodies. It's rather sexist to have an environment excluding females. Plus, all your female Arma3 players feel left out. Doesn't the EU have all sorts of laws about this?

14) Civilian Airliners, 737 or something. At least a DC-10. And maybe a couple of small planes. A Learjet. Cessna like prop. Or maybe an A29 Tucano, or a maybe something like a Beechcraft L-23 Seminole with armed military and unarmed civ version. I know, this ain't 'Take on Airplanes' but really...

15) A couple of larger boats, statics - I loved the aircraft carrier, and am excited to get one back in the Jet DLC - maybe a bit smaller combat marine helicopter carrier could also be in order. A little frigate? Certainly a longer civilian container boat. Piracy operations, anyone? And while you're at it, a couple of Oil Rigs. Tell me combat on an oil rig isn't full of coolness.

16) Protective masks and gear, and Hazmat suits. I guess no one would even think of using chem and bio in the solar powered eco-sensitive  wars of the future. But I could see modders, and maybe even the environment using CS grenades or worse on each other.  C'mon. It'll be fun.

17) Bicycles and motorcycles. Again - did this technology skip Greece, or did the women take them when they left? Bikes are always great fun and used often... and instead, we got go carts. You can make two versions of the motorcycle - a gas one, and an techno-electric one. Maybe even a collectible muscle bike...

18) Where are my hedgehogs? Tire strips/schedders? Roadblocky stuff is great fun.

19) Who misses the floodlights from Arma2?

20) Climbing up and over, and jumping animations. Enhanced Movement mod (I think its called) great idea. Should have been part of the base simulation.

21) Punching, kicking, strangling from behind - basic hand to hand animations, for that mano-a-mano action.

Let the abuse begin.

10 minutes ago, mawendt said:

Yep. So, risking a ban or deletion, I dredge up the elephant-on-the-server. Complaints by players on what needs to be finished to make Arma 3 complete.

Thread moved to the correct place, please search before posting :f:

The Apex SPAR-16 rifles have the potential to be so cool and one of my favorite rifles out of any vanilla or modded content, but a few annoying cosmetic issues have kept me away from them. For one, the placement of optics is very far forward and silly looking, it makes the rifles look like try-hard tacticool airsoft nonsense. Also, the gripping for all the rifles I am not a fan of, grabbing them by the mag-well makes them look unstable and uncomfortable, which is especially ridiculous for the SPAR-17. Maybe I'm mistaken, but the sight placement shouldn't be a significantly difficult task, the sights should be moved back to about right above the mag release. Additionally, foregrips for the non-GL, non-SAW, standard SPAR-16's would be AMAZING. I don't know much about how animations work, but I would figure the SPAR-16S holding animations could be mixed with the standard SPAR-16 reload animations to support the regular magazines instead of the big drums, also not sure about actually putting the grips on the rifle, but I'm assuming the grip (maybe I'm wrong here but it looks like the same one as on the AAF's Mk20?) is not an actual part of the model so it could be relatively simple to add and wouldn't require a new model but instead putting it together in oxygen 2. And the barrel lengths aren't really a major point to me, but it certainly would be really nice to be able to have 10.5 and 14.5 inch barrels for each variant, I don't see why not and I'm going to guess that this is another relatively easy thing to add like the grips. Everything we need for these rifles to be truly awesome is already there, just not compiled the right way. Either as replacement or supplement to the existing rifles, I couldn't care less which route is taken.

In a sentence; the dream is of having foregrips on the SPAR-16's without GL's, having further back optics mounting, and having both barrel lengths available for all variants.

Here is a visualization of what I'm wishing for made with Photoshop

UugG6HI.jpg

HdudyTe.jpg

• Like 5

I'd like to see rounds left in the chamber stay there when reloading. An oversight like that doesn't belong in a "realistic" game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arufayama said:

I'd like to see rounds left in the chamber stay there when reloading. An oversight like that doesn't belong in a "realistic" game.

That was planned? And scrapped at some point? Did I just dream that?

E: From Marksmen weapons OPREP:

Chambering

This was another topic that we brought up in the pre-production of Marksmen DLC. However, there is one simple fact that we can't be oblivious to: weapons in Arma are merely 'shapes'. That means they contain no information about the magazine or ammunition in them. The implementation of such feature would require vast amount of time and effort and - since we already planned big features that you can enjoy (deployment, recoil overhaul, resting, audio overhaul and some basic changes to suppression) - we put the effort and gain to scales and decided to postpone this feature. Much like windage, it is not impossible to do, but again, the balance of effort to value was very disproportional - so we made a decision.

Source: https://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-marksmen-weapons

• Like 1

Hello BIS!

Thanks, the Jets DLC the Arma has received many updates and improvements. I want to talk about the ejection of the pilot.

Now, the Jets DLC added to Arma, the ejection with the help of a catapult, and this is fine!  But the Jet -pilot or the paratrooper, still has no the animation of the opening of parachute!

The lack of this animation, it was an unpleasant surprise for me, since the Arma3 release of 2013.

More accurately - If you are catapulted or jumped down with a parachute, then you have the animation of free flight (with catapult or without it), after this if player will choose in the action menu to "open the parachute"  then the player instantly finds himself in a position of hanging on the lines of a parachute! No exist the transition to that position, no any sound of opening parachute!!!

In the general, there is no any animation of the transition from free fall to the hang on the straps.

Dear BIS team!  As seems to me, now, (before Jets DLC release) is the time to add this animation and make the ejection or parachute jump more exciting! 

• Like 1

unfortunately, Inventory (with lying on the ground objects) in A3 works not good. A player cannot take launcher, from ground surface, without explosion of the brain! Many of tickets ( my personal feedback ) of some users has been created before on the feedback tracker, but it has no effect.  

Today, (v1.68), there is no changes, is in an unprocessed state. To put it mildly, this looks far from ideal.

Dear BI Developers, try to make the interaction with weapons or other objects, which lying on the ground surface or other places, via special markers, as it tries to make StarSitizen:

As seems to me, such a system of interaction could greatly improve the gameplay Arma3.

Arma launcher (small addition request):

Save, load parameters presets (for example for ability to  run,restart,make changes to  server and client on one machine without needing to change all settings each time you switching between starting server,game)

Or option to export parameters to file (because the launcher already have option to read from file)

or some more advanced way to get the parameter's syntax then parameter's name on background

(to simplify the process)

We need two additional seperate sound volume sliders. One for weapon/explosion sounds (infantry as well as all vehicles) and another for vehicles enigne sounds. Right now, weapons, explosions and engines/jet turbines etc. are all way too loud when playing with speakers and for that matter, i think even with headphones on. Atm you have to turn down the overall volume (neighbours, family members), but then you almost can't hear and enhoy any environmental sounds.

Untitled.png

This probably has been mentioned multiple times by now but I definitely feel the need of it being kept talking about.

And that is the current vehicle damage model/system.

Major disturbance: Seeing a car blow up just because its health has dropped below zero due to bullets or hitting an obstacle hard enough is ridiculous and destroys immersion in an instant.

Same goes with tanks and other vehicles, though the vehicles that carry no ammunition still are the worst ones.

I don't need a perfect penetration system like in Men of War or Iron Front (though wouldn't mind if the like gets implemented),

instead I'd already be okay with vehicles just not blowing up but only having a really really minor chance of blowing up, leaving a still enterable vehicle behind with a damaged look instead of an immersion-breaking explosion.

Even though I am no fan of DLCs I'd more than gladly pay 10 - 20 euros for an upgrade of the current system, like the Marksman DLC that brought us weapon resting and shooting from vehicles.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind having a separate option to load in loadouts from different factions, similar to how we spawn in with a specific faction loadout.

Hello, Bohemia Interactive! :smile_o:

Here are some suggestions and requests. I think that some of them has already been mentioned here before, but nevertheless:

1) Return to the game a position when you lay on your back with any weapon and opportunity to lean left or right. This is well suitable for tiny spaces.

2) Add laser sights with green and red beam for better aiming and with a slightly effect to blind an enemy.

3)
Flashbangs and Tear Gas grenades with working gas masks for different scenarios.

4) Need this Enhanced Night Vision Goggles with hybrid image.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/PSQ-20

5) Make a small additional Navy DLC with some fast attack boats (~ CB90-class fast assault craft), and some Unmanned Surface Vehicles and also a possibility to set charges by divers for sabotage.

6) Electronic Warfare (jammers, EMP drones).

7) Considering a new terrain, then we need a nordic terrain with some snow and mountains with snowfall, blizzards weather or may be even with aurora borealis natural phenomenon (just for beauty). And another one mentioned by you in Tanoa preview video - a dry, desert terrain.

Ah, we are waiting something from these list or even all! :icon_biggrin:

Thank you all for your attention! Bohemia Interactive, I believe in you! :smile_o: