Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

-SLX_Melee-(current project)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125858

So far i have bayo in the correct slot, but knife does not showup in the player character's hand just binoculars do

I had this happen too, even with the bayonet in the normal slot, my character kept hitting people with his rangefinder. try it with only one of your binocular slots taken up

Günter, the Slx_Vehicleeffects - problem

i have tested - game freezes when the helicopter shotdown by AA-rocket or grenade from RPGs. by firing at the tanks was no problems.

p.s. Sorry for bad english

i have tested - game freezes when the helicopter shotdown by AA-rocket or grenade from RPGs. by firing at the tanks was no problems.

Confirmed.

Edit: By destroying a repair truck and fuel truck the game chrashes

Edited by sweguy96

I'm sorry but with respect...

Well I'm glad you found a combo that works for you :)

As far as your tests, I ran similar ones using GL4:

1. Place an Opfor near the barrack/office building behind airport in Utes. Give him direct move waypoint to one of the middle or back rooms.

2.Place Blufor group in close proximity in which they can spot this movement but dont have time to fire. Even give thema Search/Destroy WP right around that building.

I ran this many times giving them hours to try and successfully infiltrate and kill that known Opfor -yet they never were able to. Generally they would lay downoutside facing the wall that enemy was behind indefinitely.

Perhaps they are more competent in OA buildings as the AI seem to have an easier time moving about then Chernarus ones.

Did some more AI testing inside the town with ASR and SLX

What I didn't expect is to see an enemy lying inside the house across the street and aggressively spraying me through the doorway when I dared to take a peek from the entrance of the opposite house. When AI stopped shooting I decided it was the time to retaliate but an asshole ran away just when I almost caught it in my sights. When I started to exit the house I found that one of AIs in my team followed me closely into the house and was right on my back.

I also like how AI runs while crouching from cover to cover - and generally uses stances smarter than in vanilla, making the need to command AI into specific stance twice as rare

ASR+SLX give me, as AI commander, some sweet SP experience. Just some CQB reaction improvements and I will properly love SP in this game.

Yeah I got that too using the same mods. Not sure which one is causing it.

Working on my frozen unit problem, rearranging mod’s..

Yeah definetly try COWarMod, it turns arma2 into whole new game

Tried it on a friends PC as I was thinking of using it, however, I prefer the mix I have at present..

Well I'm glad you found a combo that works for you :)

As far as your tests, I ran similar ones using GL4:

1. Place an Opfor near the barrack/office building behind airport in Utes. Give him direct move waypoint to one of the middle or back rooms.

2.Place Blufor group in close proximity in which they can spot this movement but dont have time to fire. Even give thema Search/Destroy WP right around that building.

I ran this many times giving them hours to try and successfully infiltrate and kill that known Opfor -yet they never were able to. Generally they would lay downoutside facing the wall that enemy was behind indefinitely.

Perhaps they are more competent in OA buildings as the AI seem to have an easier time moving about then Chernarus ones.

I ran your test, but I never give waypoints inside buildings, I let them decide to do that as I know they always will. The setup was just as the last I mentioned in my previous topic regards tests, using your location at the airport..

SLX, GL4 & ASR all running, but this is most definitely GL4 working (done synced to GL4 ‘Custom’ module), but SLX will do similar things. Try without using direct waypoints inside buildings (never works) just waypoint outside building set to ‘Move’ in the units menu just ‘No change’ on everything, they decide the behaviour, let them do the rest (setup was as my previous test in this topic)..

Mod’s will do the job if you don’t force them, trying to micro manage a mod does not work imho..

Checking barracks

Checking rooms

Checking again for second time

Interesting -but the waypoint Move order was only for the Opfor to ensure he would go to a specific room (a harder room in the middle or rear). For Blufor -sometimes a SD waypoint, sometimes no waypoint. I can see they entered a building which I also had success with -the point of the test was that they actually see Opfor enter a specific building, then proceed to infilitrate that exact building without randomly checking buildings around it -and take him out.

You get a video of that up -it's internet beers and cookies for ya :p

Edit: Sorry for OT Gunter :| This should really continue in GL4 thread.

Edited by froggyluv

Originally Posted by rydlock View Post

Confirmed.

Edit: By destroying a repair truck and fuel truck the game crashes

Ok guys, thanks for the report, i'll look into it and confirm it myself too and see what errors are reported and follow it up.

Did some more AI testing inside the town with ASR and SLX

What I didn't expect is to see an enemy lying inside the house across the street and aggressively spraying me through the doorway when I dared to take a peek from the entrance of the opposite house. When AI stopped shooting I decided it was the time to retaliate but an asshole ran away just when I almost caught it in my sights. When I started to exit the house I found that one of AIs in my team followed me closely into the house and was right on my back.

I also like how AI runs while crouching from cover to cover - and generally uses stances smarter than in vanilla, making the need to command AI into specific stance twice as rare

ASR+SLX give me, as AI commander, some sweet SP experience. Just some CQB reaction improvements and I will properly love SP in this game.

Sounds like a real blast, pretty cool actually. Its been some time since I last played with GL4 not since last year I believe.

Just a thought are all the people who are seeing the standing dead AI using SLX_GL3.pbo in their addons folder ?

Gunter put this pbo into the problem folder.

Tested with and without SLX_GL3.pbo and without it no standing dead AI soldiers. Its a shame because this pbo is responsible for alot of SLX like House Garrison, Overwatch etc.

One day i'll get to complete a mission. Back to tweaking.........

Just a thought are all the people who are seeing the standing dead AI using SLX_GL3.pbo in their addons folder ?

Tested with and without SLX_GL3.pbo and without it no standing dead AI soldiers. Its a shame because this pbo is responsible for alot of SLX like House Garrison, Overwatch etc.

No I'm not using this pbo and I'm still gtting standing dead

You get a video of that up -it's internet beers and cookies for ya :p

Edit: Sorry for OT Gunter :| This should really continue in GL4 thread.

Sorry can't do video:confused: but can do this:)

Have tried the frozen figure problem without GL4, but still getting it, will try without ASR next. It may of course not be a ai mod thats conflicting, in which case seeing that I have 103 seperate mods loading with my game, I may well put up with the 'dead upright', a zombie cross-over feature..

Here's a little CQB test mission to test AI reactions with SLX

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FW4KVB2U

SLX indeed makes AI more prone to getting killed as akin to pre-reaction fix from BIS AI gives all priority to taking cover first and shooting back second, even when confronted by an enemy face to face.

Compare:

When enemies meet with SLX they try to run away from each other (which in an encounter with another AI watching this or especially meeting the human player will often prove fatal - since human player will totally shoot first and duck second). I used no other mods but SLX (slx_ai, slx_identify, slx_dodge, slx_findcover, slx_netcode)

In vanilla when enemies meet they try to blow each other to bits almost right away.

Ditto

Here's a little CQB test mission to test AI reactions with SLX

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FW4KVB2U

In vanilla when enemies meet they try to blow each other to bits almost right away.

I registered to help debug this mod and what i found was that the enemies indeed try to hide first. But when they are hidden they are a much harder foe to fight than vanilla. Mainly because of the fact they will get on rooftops which adds another dimension other than just aiming at ground height.

And i have found some more bugs:

- When you drag someone and you go into the map, sometimes the person magically teleports back to the spot he was originally on. Same goes for other actions interrupting the dragging.

- Sometimes i get an error prompt, bloodpool_big.(can't remember the extension) not found

I will try to make screen shots if an error occurs.

But other than that, still my favorite AI mod.

Great work on this mod Gunter, the more I play it the more I'm loving the game

Hey guys, Lots of testing and what not I see, good.

Last night before work i had tested and confirmed for myself the slx_vehicleffects.pbo.

slx_vehicleffects.pbo. Test

What i found was if your playing with just tanks, infantry, and APcs,cars ect,. then the game is fine, as soon as you add a

chopper and he starts firing his rockets in a test my game froze every time he shot his rockets, and this I had tested a quick

weapons test mission 4 times to confirm this.

But there was no errors coming up or anything in the rpt, so Im thinking it has to do with the choppers in the scripts somewhere,

not sure if I should even bother looking into this or not, but I have no issues with tanks on tanks, or tanks, inf, and apcs,

this was tested nothing but COSLX.

Tested with and without SLX_GL3.pbo and without it no standing dead AI soldiers. Its a shame because this pbo is

responsible for alot of SLX like House Garrison, Overwatch etc.

Thanks for the report Cub1, but SLX_GL3.pbo was already in the problems folder.

No I'm not using this pbo and I'm still getting standing dead

Its funny as I havent had 1 soldier do this since I released the updated version, are you running COSLX alone or

are you running the Arma2 version, as remember I had updated 2 versions, so you guys need to be specific on which one your using.

I have not done any tests with the Arma2 version (A2SLX) since I released the updated version.

I personally dont see the point on running Arma2 when you have the best of both worlds in Arma2CO.

So when you guys report post what version your testing or reporting a bug for, and if I should look into it or not,

unless you have the time to do it.

Originally Posted by Angus S View Post

Same here.

Ditto

When you guys get the standing dead are you using COSLX, or A2SLX?

and are you usign SLX alone no mods, nothig else just -mod=@CBA;COSLX, or for Arma2 -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@A2SLX

Also

What is your version of CBA for OA, and your version of CBA;CBA_A2 if your using the A2SLX version.

As tbh I do not get any of the issue of standing dead.

My version of CBA is:

CBA V 0.8.0.167

And i have found some more bugs:

- When you drag someone and you go into the map, sometimes the person magically teleports back to the spot he was originally on.

Same goes for other actions interrupting the dragging.

Interesting, Well to solve that problem just dont go to the map while dragging :D

By the way freakoz welcome to the BIS forums!

Great work on this mod Gunter, the more I play it the more I'm loving the game

Thanks my good man, yes same for me too, I personally liek working on these mod type projects, it keeps me

involved with the game as well as learning more about scripting, codes, and what not, as well gives me inspiration,

ideas, as well as discovers, on way to better my WarMods.

When you guys get the standing dead are you using COSLX, or A2SLX?

and are you usign SLX alone no mods, nothig else just -mod=@CBA;COSLX, or for Arma2 -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@A2SLX

Also

We were using ASR_AI and GL4 along side SLX, so it'll just be some sort of compatibility problem between the three, none of them are at fault

Edited by Angus S
Spelling error

So when you guys report post what version your testing or reporting a bug for, and if I should look into it or not,

unless you have the time to do it

I was (in load order) CBA (0.8.0.167), SLX (CO), MMA (latest), ASR (latest) and a recent beta (85330).

Could the helicopter error be something like we found with jsrs, where the game would crash when FFAR fired?

I used no other mods but SLX (slx_ai, slx_identify, slx_dodge, slx_findcover, slx_netcode)

Metal Craze im looking to combine the same with ASR could you post your mod order, IE SLX priority over ASR or the other way around?

I've opened all SLX pbos and all ASR pbos in PBOView and found no scripts that could've been conflicting at first glance. So I just put them in the same folder and that was it. They worked.

Removing the following allows you to kill an enemy infantry soldier with 1-3 shots versus 8-10 shots must have SLX_Mod_Man_Armor in addons folder or you will kill enemy inf soldier with 1 shot every time its fun and cool but feels unrealistic, thus SLX_wounds.pbo would be useless as everyone is dying with 1 shot.

-SLX_modweapons_c

Can you confirm that your recommendation is remove SLX_Mod_Man_Armour? Can you also confirm that this is because otherwise it requires 3-4 times more shots to kill?

Finally, can you confirm that you recommend including SLX_Mod_Man_Armour if we use SLX-wounds.pbo?

domokun

both versions of SLX have the files setup already.

Wounding is body specific, but if you shoot a guys quare in the chest, theres a 98% chance you'll kill him, and the other 2 %

you may just wound him or knock him on his ass, but it also depoends on how far away you are, if your close quarters like within 50m,

then you prob will kill him, if you 100m the chance of a kill is should be 1-3 shots, anything greater then 150m is a juggle between wounding and a kill.

And a headshot is usally a kill.

But the SLX bug List in the readme folder is just a reference, the files and what not for the problem files,

or even tweak are already out and or have been adjusted.

On my end when i kill a guy most of the time I get 1-2 shot kills, like I said distance effects if you kill a guy or not,

and what caliber bullets your using basically what weapons your using.

If you dont use modman armor then you will have 1 shot kills, if you do use it then you should be getting 1-3 shot kills,

and if the range is further then it may take more bullets to take the enemy down.

I can definatley confirm it, thats how i can say what i said in the bug List.

I will make a quick little video demonstrating this on Saturday morning and post it here as I have no time atm

as I have to get ready for work and leave. (last night of work for the week :) )

Is this not V2 signed or something? I get "...XXXXXXX, are not signed by a key accepted by this server" I seem to put everything in the right place.