Sign in to follow this  
myshaak

X: Rebirth

Yeah, the well known release date of the release date :D I hope I'll see XRB this year.

Yeah, the well known release date of the release date :D I hope I'll see XRB this year.

oh, come on, the post is pretty clear. They already made a complete mess once, they can't do that again.

Based on the "X Rebirth - First trailer video", it felt like you are in full control of the ship movement.

yes, it's the same, as it is said in the post: "This is basically exactly like switching personally into another ship"

Ah, very good that you posted. That reminded me that I had to check the forums. They said they would give more information about the release date at the beginning of August, and in fact...

Release: November 15., 2013 (Europe) and 19. (North America)

http://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php

I'm so excited about the upcoming release of X Rebirth. I've played the X-Series since the beginning with X-Beyond the Frontier and this Game is a dream for evey space fan like me :) X3TC Photogallery

Oof. Never played an X game before but I've always hungered for a large "Elite-type" game since I last played Frontier. But those recent videos have sold me on this.

Yeah X really took over from Elite since Braben was eaten up by his own ego.

I hope it's not going to be steam exclusive only. That would suck big time. LOL :)

I only have X3 TC and I'm really looking forward to rebirth. The game is looking awesome.

cheers

Also very eager for this! Looks like they've really worked on the interface. (amongst other things) Whilst I got use to the X3:TC GUI, it really was laborious. Only one of the series I didn't bother with was Albion Prelude; as I heard that old saves would not be compatible. Considering the years I spent building my empire, it simply wasn't an option. :butbut:

This is one of those games where I imagine saved games been passed down from father to son. ;)

massive sandbox SP space game ... Egosoft on shinest

This does look like something ive wanted for a space type game for a long time, I bookmarked the site but haven't been back to it until now. I also overlooked the fact its SP orientated and that is something I like allot. Kind of Skyrim approach (SP) but space and a whole tone better in terms of economy and detail of the trade side obviously.

Hello everybody

this game is going to be something real epic IMO. Can't wait to get my hands on it. X3 was already a huge and very complex game. You can play for years to come LOL. :D I interrupted X3 TC because Arma 2 was released and I then dedicated more time to ArmA 2 and left X3. I played when taking brakes from ArmA. Since I'm not getting ArmA 3 . . . X Rebirth is going to fill that void and I'm sure that I won't look back.

cheers

Ah new beginning,I'll have to say goodbye to my empire in X3TC.One last look at Xenon Hub,lay off the marines and universal trader pilots,and I'm ready for Rebirth.

Seems that Rebirth will be also Steam exclusive only. What disappointing news. Another no go. :mad:

Been jonesn' for a good quality space sim and I can't seem to wait till mid Nov. Any suggestions on something where the scale feels vast, the flight mechanics realistic and the space combat not pew pew lasers but having a realistic feel rather? Oh and resource economy a must!

Edit: Hmm, seems that X Terran Conflict may just be what I'm looking for.

Edited by froggyluv

Been jonesn' for a good quality space sim and I can't seem to wait till mid Nov. Any suggestions on something where the scale feels vast, the flight mechanics realistic and the space combat not pew pew lasers but having a realistic feel rather? Oh and resource economy a must!

Edit: Hmm, seems that X Terran Conflict may just be what I'm looking for.

in that case you might be interested in following this game, which is still in development:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

It has an own thread here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141666-Star-Citizen-from-the-creator-of-Freelancer-amp-Wing-Commander

It's coming out in modules, so it's not really clear to me when it will be playable

Nice find, watched that on the big screen, looks excellent.

very interesting video. This guy managed to get a hold of the Gamescom demo

I never even realized you could walk around inside the ships and stations! :eek:

This is gouing to be exiting. Hopefully this time around they will put in a good story and some long term motivation. Then this will be the perfect space game.

For sandbox in space it looks very impressive. Although I lost the interest with flying, to me the movement of the ship around the station seemed like anyone using floating camera (with a cockpit overlay) in the editor so you can check out 3d models rather than jumping into the immersion space... very abrupt movement and no weight to it.

EDIT: unless of course thats the result of xbox controller without using slider settings in setup?

Edited by mrcash2009

Nice find, watched that on the big screen, looks excellent.

The video is showing up as private for me :)