Sign in to follow this  
inlesco

WW4 Warfare - new SP/MP missions pack

A new SP/MP coop missions pack, named WW4 Warfare, is in the works.

Storyline: it's a fictional a bit of campaign style story, telling about the liberation of various islands. The main goal with this is to provide player an unique experience by feeling tense war or operational atmosphere. Of course, multiplayer combat and fun factor aspects are also important.

Requirements:

My plan is to release bits of this missions pack to provide an opportunity to understand what it will be really about until first full version of all missions will be completed!

Episode 1 DL: http://www.multiupload.com/OQ1C5FG2D0

Episode 4 DL: http://www.multiupload.com/SG7S9RPOA3

Episode 6 DL: http://www.multiupload.com/5PPQ7088TG

Brief description of Ep. 6: Abrams platoon went into an unexpected minefield in the mountains and enemy managed to capture one of high-rank NATO officers. Your group, as a Resistance-side contracters, has been suggested to take care of this operation. Get your gear ready - you are about to start!

Feedback, testing on a dedicated server, suggestions and other helpful constructive statements are very welcome.

More to come soon!

Edited by Inlesco

Very nice preview.

The defender positions layout seems very well done.

While letting my squad behind an elevation to hide them from view, i tried to approach a bit of Larches to get a better idea of what to expect there after having roamed around the 1st enemy checkpoint.

Unfortunately got killed while checking Larches defenses with my binocs from a patrol that surprised me.

Will have to try harder later.

@Inlesco

We can put it through a test on my test server. We have over half a dozen semi regular players.

We might need to tweak it a bit for Multiplayer, but we'll give it ago.

edit>>Ok it's on my sever as I suspected I had to edit the addons list so it would load with our addons. We'll have to edit it to disable AI, add a spectating script and add muppet script to stop cadet mode. Other MP edits will also be needed like public variables for triggers and such.

First look though it seems very challenging. Got blown up by tanks twice right off the bat :)

You're welcome to join in our group. Go here for server info http://ofp4ever.webs.com/

Edited by Zulu1

thats alot of objectives for one squad of soldiers and a squad of tanks. for every attack theres a counter in the mission so its very difficult. Not to mention the tank assault only comes from one way and loses everytime. apparently the intel didn't see the enemy chopper base.

Edited by BronzeEagle

thanks for ur job.

as Zulu said, feel free come and join to us

Jason Bourne and me also making missions for ww4mod.

we just tried the first episode with 4 players, looks very good.

weapons are fine selected.

as we seen after first look the best way to start with the roadblock and AA pos. after, theres a good position to support the radioordered armors who attack town.

maybe a longer intro will be good to explain the main situation of campaign (if u make it be sure it has option to turn on/off).

keep goin! nice job.

PS: oh and looseEND doesnt working

Edited by Incubus

i found the ammo position relatively easy to beat as i came down on it from the north. apparently they knew where my start position was, but didn't count on an attack coming from the main road to their north. lol. using that principle and some careful driving and i was about to take out the rest of them like that, it was a lesson in geography i didn't have time to learn because of the squads placed in between, and ALL THIS FOR A SQUAD OF SOLDIERS AND A SQUAD OF TANKS? wtf, but fun. very challenging. I gotta practice using the mobile element more, its kinda fun and interesting.

Edited by BronzeEagle

as we seen after first look the best way to start with the roadblock and AA pos. after, theres a good position to support the radioordered armors who attack town.

I played with the AI squad and moved to Saint Louis and launched an attack on the check point from there. It worked pretty well at first. Then when I thought it was fairly clear we moved towards the check point and found another squad behind a hill. It went to hell after that :butbut:

PS: oh and looseEND doesnt working

There is only one end in the mission. I'll work on fixing that.

Thank you for your opinions and warm comments. I found that even first episode still need some corrections in gameplay, design and probably difficulty level, because if you're trying to simply enjoy the mission on singleplayer, it might become frustating for a beginner. What do you think about this matter? Is it better to bring a harder piece of work where player(s) obviously must spend more time to investigate given environment, find out about enemy locations, think more than usually? How do you approach such missions - positively or negatively?

Episodes 2 and 3 are already completed, others - under development currently. I'll see to bring an update to the whole pack soon, if everything goes just as I planned.

Have fun testing out on MP!

well its good to have a difficult mission but to also fairly equip the player to get it done, or at least provide the necessary tools on the battlefield that they could acquire them. having choppers ready for the tanks made me wonder why such light forces were even fighting and i haven't seen at least any enemy AA soldiers on the battlefield that i could use their weapon. Seemed like a death trap. Other than that, having a long mission, getting objectives done, etc, is fun.

Install Firefox 5, Opera or Chrome browser and the website should work fine. If not, report what's wrong.

Install Firefox 5, Opera or Chrome browser and the website should work fine. If not, report what's wrong.

I'm using google chrome. It's a pity that we don't have access to some foreign websites in China.

I have now released Episode 4 of WW4 Warfare. It is avaiable to download - look for the link in the first post of this thread or find it here - http://www.multiupload.com/SG7S9RPOA3

Episode 2 and 3, in my opinion, should remain a secret - they will be released when the whole pack is ready!

Enjoy playing.

Edited by Rellikki
Done

I'm using google chrome. It's a pity that we don't have access to some foreign websites in China.

For future reference what sites can you actually see that we can upload files to?

Thnx, I have access to filefront.

Anything else considering they rip the files down faster than you can upload them?

Episode 6 is now avaiable to download and play! Look up to the first post of this thread to find download link.

Brief description of Ep. 6: Abrams platoon went into an unexpected minefield in the mountains and enemy managed to capture one of high-rank NATO officers. Your group, as a Resistance-side contracters, has been suggested to take care of this operation. Get your gear ready - you are about to start!

i missed this post somehow

just d/l and will upoad to our MP server

thank u Inlesco

Has anyone been testing any of already released missions lately? If so, I would like you to provide some feedback on which aspects of the mission can be improved to increase overall quality. Thanks!

On the other hand, 7 missions are completely done, more of them are in WIP status. As I've mentioned before, I don't want to spoil everything.

@Inlesco

Episodes 1,4 & 6 are now on the LOL server. EP1 has gotten some play time and it seems pretty good. Everything works as planned. I just uploaded EP6 to the server and I noticed that the AI fail to disembark from the truck when ordered. This could just be a mutiplayer issue which is not a problem since we normally don't play with AI.

Due to the high turn out on the server (numbers not seen in years) since WW4 was added your missions are a bit small. They could be played between peak times when there are only 8-12 players.

Our challange now is to get new missions for 20+ players to keep players interested. :coop:

Due to the high turn out on the server (numbers not seen in years) since WW4 was added your missions are a bit small. They could be played between peak times when there are only 8-12 players.

Our challange now is to get new missions for 20+ players to keep players interested. :coop:

i have tried your missions with couple of players but its possible only midday, thanks god every night has so many players over 16-20-24.

missions are over standard quality as i seen.

but enemies has a bit high skill. sometimes takin a headshot from 500 thats

annoying after 10-15 min play.

why dont u join often to us? i was glad when we met on server last time.

u welcome there.

Hey Incubus and Zulu1,

I'm a bit short-timed in recent days and, in addition, need to work on this map-pack, also another russian-side campaign I will present in the distant future for testing (it is going to be fully compatible with MP coop). Why I don't want to promise a strict date for a release? Well, it all goes the same - probability theory always takes its toll ;].

Of course, I might be able to join you all today, as I did last weekend - I had quite a good fun.

I downloaded and played your missions, pretty good. You inspired me to make my own missions, maybe campaign, but I will use PLA1979+WW4. :)

Edited by Laukhan