Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

COWarMod ACE Compatible - Open beta Project

In general the ASC should work whether its in COWarMod or in ACE, but we still need to test it to make sure, I foresee it working np.

I confirm zGuba's observations - up to a point.

In repeated tests, occasionallyif I take, e.g., an ACE M107 then swap to any ASC weapon the "Modify [ASC weapon name]" is missing from the action menu.

However if I start by taking an ASC weapon, the weapon can always be modified. Swapping to an ACE weapon & back again does not inactivate ASC.

Possible workaround: if a player wants to ensure the option of using an ASC weapon at some point in a mission, their first action should be to swap to an ASC weapon (if available) then to whatever other weapon they want to use pro tem.

Note this is in a de-pbo'd weapons.testing.desert to which I added ASC "AllinOne" & then ACE ammo boxes, however the player is still starting with the default M16A4. The M1A4 is always invisible in the player inventory, and sometimes is invisible in the hand until you switch to another weapon (e.g., a pistol or launcher) & back again - I guess because it is not an ACE weapon(?).

I don't understand why the disappearance of the ASC action menu is not consistent. Rather odd but probably not serious. So, what's next?

BR

Orcinus

Thank You ZGuba.

Orcinus thanks for your reply and feedback.

So overall the with the tests basically the weapons do work but best to use ASC weapons by themselves.

The next thing need to be tested is the Night Vision & Wounding

Fixed Range Nightvision

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6251

S_NVG is the pbo responsible for the night vision in COWarMod.

also this needs to be tested next as well:

slx_wounds

and the

ACE wounding system,

do they conflict of compliment each other, or one compliments the other?

Thank You ZGuba.

Orcinus thanks for your reply and feedback.

So overall the with the tests basically the weapons do work but best to use ASC weapons by themselves.

I think it will usually be OK to use ASC with ACE; one can avoid potential glitches by the workaround I suggested above. I really like ASC now I've played a short game with it - stealth missions are quite different with long-range silenced weapons.

The next thing need to be tested is the Night Vision & Wounding

Fixed Range Nightvision

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6251

S_NVG is the pbo responsible for the night vision in COWarMod.

also this needs to be tested next as well:

slx_wounds

and the

ACE wounding system,

do they conflict of compliment each other, or one compliments the other?

Günter, which version of SLX wounds (and indeed, of SLX in general)?

I think we should be using your updated SLX; IIRC these are more recent than the ones in COWarmodACE. For game playing I removed the SLX files from COWarmod. and load a separate @SLX containing the updated files (separate as I'm also trying them with DAC, which has some conflicts with stock COWarmod; e.g., Zeus).

BR

Orcinus

Ya use the updated SLX as i still have to update the SLX in COWarMod.

I never used DAC.

Just use COWarMod and ACE, we need to know whats working and whats not in ACE and COWarMod, basically making compatible with ACE.

Ya use the updated SLX as i still have to update the SLX in COWarMod.

I never used DAC.

Just use COWarMod and ACE, we need to know whats working and whats not in ACE and COWarMod, basically making compatible with ACE.

Oh, surely. Testing is just with COWarmodACE +/- ACE.

Actually, if you haven't tried DAC you're missing a lot. Not sure if there are any MP servers running it as I don't play MP.

BR

Orcinus

I cant test it.. Its not running in my server.. Pls anyone help for this..

I cant test it.. Its not running in my server.. Pls anyone help for this..

Um, not nearly enough information to help you quickly, so as I have a few minutes to spare:

You don't need to run CO on a server to test. Run as a single player, not MP.

You require:

- Arma II CO (Arma II plus OA installed in the same directory) updated to 1.10 for Arma II and 1.59 for OA (the latest OA update will also update Arma II, no need to update separately). Updates are available on both BI's website and Armaholic. Steam installation I haven't a clue about, but there are lots of posts in the forums about combing Arma II and OA from Steam, also about updating; use the search function if you need help.

- COWarmod v1.1 in a modfolder in your main Arma folder contaning the COWarmod Addons folder; the path should be something like [drive letter]:\ARMA II\@COWarMod

- make a copy of the COWarmod folder and rename it @COWarmodACE

- remove all unneeded / conflicting .pbo & .bisign files as listed in Gunter's posts earlier in this thread

- CBA (only, not CBA_A2 or CBA_OA); use the latest version, install that in an @CBA modfolder as per COWarmod (Important! - remove all other @CBA & @CBA* folders from your Arma II directory)

- ACE 1.12.1.507 in an @ACE modfolder (delete any earlier versions) (other ACE files, e.g., ACEX , are not required and should not be loaded for the tests

- create shortcuts loading the mods; firstly create a shortcut to arma2oa.exe then edit the target line as follows (including the quotes!):

"[drive letter]:\ARMA II\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -skipintro -window -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@COWarmodACE

Next, another loading CBA & ACE:

"[drive letter]:\ARMA II\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -skipintro -window -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@ACE

Then another loading ACE as well:

"[drive letter]:\ARMA II\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -skipintro -window -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@COWarmodACE;@ACE

Using the -window parameter allows you to run all three versions at once and simply switch between them via the task bar.

Download the test files that Gunter has prepared, see the first post in the thread.

Open the game files via the single player -> scenarios menu, not via the MP menu.

Post back if you still have problems, but be sure to give more details, also list any errors in the .rpt file (for XP, this will be in

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA\arma2OA.RPT

- sorry, no idea where it would be in Vista or Win 7 - search the forums.

BR

Orcinus

Sorry for the disappearance I had no internet, and will be gone again after the 1st.

I have been working on the mod in my down time (no internet) and basically have tested everything there is to test,

COWarMod/ACE version is basically completed, just need to do a graphical thing for the loading screen, and then update a couple of readmes.

I have updated CoWarMod to the next version 1.2 and have made the changes for the CoWarMod/Ace accordingly,

I prob wont be able to release a downloadable version maybe til the new year, I got to many other things I have going to finish.

I can list however all the files I had removed, I'll do that over the weekend.

all for now.

Hey Gunter. Glad to hear you have finished your testing with ACE2. I for one am really keen to see the next release of your combined mod. Is there any chance at all of a release before Christmas, as myself and my brothers always meet up over that period to play some Arma, and it would be great to be able to use your mod in these games.

By the way, per the post in the link below, do you know if this issue is present in your mod since it also uses ACE2 and Blastcore combined?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2065747&postcount=498

Hi Munger,

For a release of COWarModAce before Christmas is possible but unless i wrap it up this week it wont happen as by Dec 9th i'll lose my internet again.

What I Can do is list all the files that are needed to be removed for the COWarMod/ACe version.

For the download version that will have new readmes, and some other things.

List of files to remove from COWarMod:

====================================

-DisabledSupersonicCrack_Sounds_C_PvPscene

-FasterHandGrenadeThrowAnimation_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

-fnc_ballistics_infantry

-fnc_ballistics_launchers

-fnc_ballistics_vehicles

-fnc_muzzlevelocity

-fnc_scopes_common_c

-fnc_scopes_common_m

-gdtmod_javelin

-ICE_AH64D_CPG_sights

-ICE_AircraftHUD

-ImprovedSizeOfCompassAndGPS_by_defunkt_Visuals_C_PvPscene

-inko_disposable

-JavelinTweak_by_McHide_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

-map_no_sat

-ReducedFatigue_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

-ReducedWeaponWeight_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

-slx_anim_grenadethrow

-slx_anim_weapontransitions

-slx_cartriges

-slx_mod_veh_armor

-slx_mod_veh_core

-tgw_zeroing

-trueuser_nvgs

-VapourTrailsForPlanes_Visuals_C_PvPscene

-zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition

-zeu_OA_c_ai_rof

-zeu_OA_c_ammo

-zeu_OA_c_RocketBallistics

-zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion

-zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils

-FasterStepOverAnimation_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

Keep in mind that this will not be final, this is what i had found o far, which is the majority from all the testing I have done,

as well as what has been done on the thread here in previous tests.

By the way, per the post in the link below, do you know if this issue is present in your mod since it also uses ACE2 and Blastcore combined?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=498

No there is not, i tested it again for my own sake to make sure even though i know it works, and I see fire, explosions, smoke, debris,

sparks and secondary explosions, and I have the full ACE2 running with CoWarMod (COWarModACE).

His issue I'd assume is a problem on his end, but it works fine for me.

JTD fire & smoke however in COWarMod is overwritten by the ACE's smoke so if you want JTD's then I'm going

to guess is to remove ace_sys_particlefx, and again that jsut a guess, but I'll leave that up to you guys.

If anyone finds and bugs, or has any problems then please let me know.

Many thanks for that info Gunter. Sorry to hear you're losing your internet access for a while. I hope you do get chance to release your latest version before this deadline. :)

All the best.

Ive been trying ace 2 with cowarmod minus the addons you listed and ive gotten better fps, and faster script load times

Hi Guys!

I had just posted on my CoWarMod release thread, but I wanted to pop in here, I still dont have internet as Im at the library using the internet, so my time is limited.

Anyways Good to hear that the list in my previous post has helped.

There may be more files that may be needed to be removed.

Currently I am doing alot of work on all the WarMod versions, and will have CoWarModACE ready and availiable for Download when I get back, I'm actually closing in on finishing it up but I will need to get my ow internet to finsih it as I am planning on having a CoWarModACE custom Loading screen for it, that way when you load the mod up you will know what you are running.

Anyways if you guys have anything to report please do so, but I will be only able to respond once a day.

Hi Guys!

Hi Günter

Welcome back, and (a bit late, NP) Happy New Year!

BR

Orcinus

Thanks Orcinus,

I will be happier when I have regular internet again, this 90 min im allowed at the library is ok but not being at my own desk with my references, and access to stuff sucks donkeys.

Anyways as I have said before i will have a release for CoWarModACE when I get back on reg internet, prob wont be til February or March latest, im hoping Feb.

Back on the internet soon here, from what i been reading and finding out looks like ACE has update again, this means before I release COWarModACE version, I will have to update my existing ACE and then retest what I have.

Gentlemen as previously stated in this thread for an ACE compatible version of COWarMod 1.1

I will quote myself:

What I Can do is list all the files that are needed to be removed for the COWarMod/ACe version.

For the download version that will have new readmes, and some other things.

List of files to remove from COWarMod to make compatible with latest version of ACE2 for Arma2CO

-FasterHandGrenadeThrowAnimation_Gameplay_C_PvPscen e

-fnc_ballistics_infantry

-fnc_ballistics_vehicles

-fnc_muzzlevelocity

-fnc_scopes_common_c

-fnc_scopes_common_m

-gdtmod_javelin

-ICE_AH64D_CPG_sights

-ICE_AircraftHUD

-ImprovedSizeOfCompassAndGPS_by_defunkt_Visuals_C_P vPscene

-inko_disposable

-map_no_sat

-slx_anim_grenadethrow

-slx_cartriges

-slx_mod_veh_armor

-slx_mod_veh_core

-tgw_zeroing

-trueuser_nvgs

-zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition

-zeu_OA_c_ai_rof

-zeu_OA_c_ammo

-zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion

-zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils

Keep in mind that this will not be final, this is what i had found far, which is the majority from all the testing I have done,

Any questions let me know.

Gunter will you add my Enhanced Impact Simulations once I release it??? The Infantry Armor mod in your COWarMod is extremely outdated and does not work with OA, CO, ACE, SLX, and Custom Units. My mod will be supportive for all, and it will also have some more features like limping and blur effects when bullets impact. And some few miscellaneous effects concerning smoke screens, like smoke flying up when firing around dirt. All of this stuff will make engagements longer lasting and less unrealistic, I am doing this stuff because I find ArmA's wounding system and even the ACE system over-powered. Of course a bullet can severely injure one but military grade armor is either only going to leave bruises or pop blood vessels. Which could cause a bleedout and could lead to fainting after a while and then fatal death, but in standard ArmA and ACE you immediately pass out which is not realistic a bit. Though I may still add possibilities of immediate passing out or death, the likely hood of just being hit by three bullets would not be life threatening.

I hope you take me up on my offer, it might change the way ArmA is played and enhance longer fights.

~Sincerely, Evol

What infantry Armor were you referring too, only one I know is in SLX ---> slx_mod_man_armor

and that was added because if were not in there then you would be getting one shot kills all the time,

its cool but seriously unrealistic, u could mow down a squad in seconds if not used.

I can add your mod but my plan is to update and get the version 1.2 out for COWarMod then base the ACE compatible version off of that.

What infantry Armor were you referring too, only one I know is in SLX ---> slx_mod_man_armor

and that was added because if were not in there then you would be getting one shot kills all the time,

its cool but seriously unrealistic, u could mow down a squad in seconds if not used.

I can add your mod but my plan is to update and get the version 1.2 out for COWarMod then base the ACE compatible version off of that.

oh ok, well I saw that Infantry Armor in the older version of WarMod. I think it was A2WarMod, maybe it isn't in the new one. But it came along with Infantry Stealth and Recognition Skills etc...

But its still up to you, my mod will make the game realistic but the only area a person cannot be killed so easily is the chest. Otherwise, your character will take severe blood loss or death.

Get it done and released first and Ill go from there, as I test mods first then test them with all the other stuff, as for ace compatible version it aint happening til I get 1.2 of COWarMod out,

so all ur questions should be directed to the COWarMod release thread not here.

Ace compatible is based off of COWarMod as the foundation, the ace version is basically COWarMod with addons/mods removed that may conflict with ACE.

Hi gunter!!

Been using CoWarModI44 -love it. Wishing to add ACE-2..

ARE THE FOLLOWING STILL REQUIRED TO BE REMOVED and will there be more to come?

List of files to remove from COWarMod to make compatible with latest version of ACE2 for Arma2CO

-FasterHandGrenadeThrowAnimation_Gameplay_C_PvPscen e

-fnc_ballistics_infantry

-fnc_ballistics_vehicles

-fnc_muzzlevelocity

-fnc_scopes_common_c

-fnc_scopes_common_m

-gdtmod_javelin

-ICE_AH64D_CPG_sights

-ICE_AircraftHUD

-ImprovedSizeOfCompassAndGPS_by_defunkt_Visuals_C_P vPscene

-inko_disposable

-map_no_sat

-slx_anim_grenadethrow

-slx_cartriges

-slx_mod_veh_armor

-slx_mod_veh_core

-tgw_zeroing

-trueuser_nvgs

-zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition

-zeu_OA_c_ai_rof

-zeu_OA_c_ammo

-zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion

-zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils

Keep in mind that this will not be final, this is what i had found far, which is the majority from all the testing I have done,

Hi Bill

Glad you like the I44 version.

to answer your question

ARE THE FOLLOWING STILL REQUIRED TO BE REMOVED and will there be more to come?

Let me guess your shift button get stuck like mine does, lol almost all caps.

anyways

Yes the files in the list are the ones you need to remove, that just what i had found so far when i last worked on this version.

as for your other part of your question

will there be more to come

No, not based off of COWarMod v 1.1 that list I made is based off of COWarMod v 1.1

what I want to do is finish my COWarMod Full version 1.2 and then make and ACE version based off of that version.

The full version if you have read any of the discussions on the COWarMod thread, I'll quote myself here about the new versions Im going to release:

NEW Terminology for the mod:

COWarMod FULL - @COWarMod like before, this is the full regular version, only changes in this version is some fixes, additions, and a rebuild

COWarModCL - @COWarModCL, the COWarMod Customization Light version, this will be the same as the full version except the:

This version has the all the player/character movement, AI Enhancement, AI Shouts & Voices mods, and Tweaks removed from the main addons folder.

COWarModCF - @COWarModCF, the COWarMod Customization Full version,

This version has the all mods, and Tweaks removed from the main addons folder. There will be nothing in the addons folder to start, this version will be for

those that want to fully customize their game.

A folder/readme directory of all mods will be setup with descriptions of features, files, and locations of all mods, as well as how to install them.

Please understand this version will not be fore everyone.

This is the general premise to how the mod will be setup, the loading screen, with menu logos will be adjusted accordingly

to reflect what version of COWarMod you are using.

So heres my plan for the ACE version.

I will as said above build my COWarMod Full v 1.2 then once that is completed the new version (rebuild) will give me

a foundation or rather a template to work with for all other versions of COWarMod v 1.2

All other versions (versions being CWM made compatible with other major mods)will be just a matter of adjustment in readmes, and file organization.

The ACE version will actually be called COWarModACEFull this will have all the files removed that have been found so far through

tests to not work with ACE2 further testing will be needed to find any more files that will not work or may conflict with ace files, i will do this during the testing process.

I will only be building a full version, I'm not building any other versions for ACE.

Once the COWarMODACE Full is release then you guys can further test the mod and see how things are working and then report

any features or problems you may be having if you happen to run across any.

Any further questions for the ACE version let me know, any questions pertaining to COWarMod itself then use the COWarMod thread.