Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

COWarMod ACE Compatible - Open beta Project

I play the ACE version of your mod compilation.

I have solved the issue with the AI who doesn't move or react when they are in crouch stance. It was somehow related to the SMK animations pbo's after i have removed them, there have been no problems... :yay:

Thanks Günther for all the work you done to collect and test all these mods it has really revolutionied the game for me... :-)

Sorry my bad english...

Sixt

Good deal, but that issue actually was already solved in the COWarMod thread, i couldn't exactly recall

the issue thats why i couldn't give you an answer before.

Guenter, I wish my time would me allow to help you in testing :(

May I ask you why you left out GL4 in COWarMod?

Hey Kroky,

I left out GL4 as i did not get permission from SNKMAN to add it, and I had asked him originally when I wanted to add it to A2WarMod,

he wanted to keep it for himself and not spread it like basically have it standalone.

I actually asked again for CoWarMod and got no response so I can only assume the same answer.

But if you wish to add it on your end, i cant make it official for all, then just report what errors and what not your getting, ingame,

and RPT, and i can possibly tell you what to remove, as Im sure their will be a conflicts somewhere.

But use the CoWarMod thread for that not this thread.

Hey sorry I've been pretty busy for a while, where are we at with testing?

Hi Angus, np buddy, I been busy too ...SLX ;)

but for the testing if you want to get back to testing or have some time to do some then refer to post 46 on page 5,

and update your COWarMod ACE folder, and then what needs to be tested is the remaining of the AI Files:

Need to test:

infantry and stealth recognition

to use, change via userconfig. see here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9604

any questions let me know.

I've done a little bit of testing with the infantry and stealth recognition

Features Tested:

Infantry and Stealth Recognition

Addons that are in concern

inf_stealth_recognition.pbo

Results

I had a play with the userconfig and edited some of the values to create a bit of variety between units. There is a noticable difference in the stealth and recognition skills between different types of units that is not there with just vanilla or ACE.

The only problem that I can see is that it only covers units from ArmA 2 and leaves out Arrowhead and DLC units.

I would recommend leaving it in as it compliments the other AI mods both in COWarMod and ACE.

I was also wondering why you didn't include the Infantry Armour mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9550) which is created by the same person with the same purpose in mind, to create more variety between different units (although still not including expansion units)

Hi Angus,

to answer your question:

I was also wondering why you didn't include the Infantry Armour mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9550)

which is created by the same person with the same purpose in mind

I didn't add it as I didn't want the Ai to have to much Armor as slx_mod man armor was already in COWarMod to

compensate for the removal of armor and give you kills of 1-3 shots on any enemies.

If you want to test it to see how it effects the game then by all means.

As for inf stealth and recognition, i had already pretweaked the userconfig values before i released COWarMod back in July.

As for inf stealth and recognition, i had already pretweaked the userconfig values before i released COWarMod back in July.
That's odd, mine was set to default. I'll dig up the COWarMod file and get the userconfig from it and try again tonight

Next test will be for the

Javelin

Files in concern:

gdtmod_javelin

1st test the javelin in CoWarMod alone and watch how it works, it has a top down mode,

and a direct mode, as well as night, and thermal.

Direct Mode vid:

COWarMod Javalin Direct feature with bulletime

FZCOPk_aLx8

Top Mode vid:

A2CO CO WarMod Javelin.

hv9Z5bMoygs

2nd test ACE alone and see how it works

3rd test both ACE & COWarMod and see if the results for both mods are doing what their supposed to do.

To much work for the testers I take it.

thats what modding is, time and effort.

Guess I'll be doing this myself as usual.

No COWarMod does not work 100% with ACE2,

so far what we have done in this thread we have got it to work with the mod.

Just because a mod dont crash or freeze on you, dont mean its working a 100%, there are and will be features that are

conflicting with other addons and mods in COWarMod, that I know of.

I'm going to release the mod as is, and if people have a problem then report it as i got other things that need my attention.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

To much work for the testers I take it.

thats what modding is, time and effort.

Guess I'll be doing this myself as usual.

Hi Günter

Apologies for the delay in beginning testing, RL crap - I was ill for a couple of weeks then had to go away for work (can't/won't run non-work software on the portable).

I'm testing the Javelin at present - will post results this evening. One point - in vanilla CO (1.59/1.1) the Javelin refuses to switch from DIR to TOP mode.

NB if anyone else is planning to test, you'll need to make a test mission with the current ACE loaded. The ammo boxes in non-ACE missions (and at least some missions designed using old versions of ACE) lack the CLU, & all you get is the tube without the optics unit (CLU).

BR

Orcinus

Hi Orcinus,

Ya I had an idea you were busy with RL stuff, Im in the same boat but have time here and there. Anyways if you can still help then great.

I had posted about the javelin as I know back when i was building and testing stuff for COWarMod I tested it with ACE and had the same issue your getting.

The thing is when to test to do a few things.

-test with CoWarMod alone to see what it does

-test with Ace alone to see what it does

-test both together to see what the results are and compare notes.

then

-test without the javelin in CoWarMod and see if the ACE version works with the rest of CoWarMod.

as for tests use the mission I had posted on the first page:

Question: How will we test ingame?

Quote:

I have 3 missions I built and have used in the past to test COWarMod before its release,

one of which I did not use but can be used to test overall game play for at least the infantry aspect.

Download Missions

The following are the missions you can download.

Weapons_Testing.Desert

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/Wea...g.Desert_E.zip

Weapons_Testing.Takistan

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/Wea...g.Takistan.zip

Quote:

Weapons_Testing.Desert

Weapons_Testing.Takistan

Features:

- both playable in sp, and mp, mp you can respawn, sp 1 life

- all vehicles, planes ect,. are respawnable

vehicles for testing respawn in 100secs, vehicles to destroy as targets respawn in 200secs

- if you respawn, or get killed somehow you will respawn with the last weapons you had (mp)

- all destroyed vehicles being used and as targets will delete after 100secs once destroyed I have a cleanup script implemented in the missions.

- There is 1 ammo box with many weapons, box runs off of a an ammo/weapons script i put together,

if you wish to add other types of weapons then get their class names and add to the script, currently updating this script with adding new weapons.

as for tests use the mission I had posted on the first page:

Hi Günter

Thanks, I'm doing the tests the way you suggest. However testers can't run ACE Javelin tests with your weapons testing missions - there is no CLU in the ammo boxes. You can only get a CLU from an ACE-created ammo box. Sickboy posted in the ACE v1.12 thread that there was, or will be, a fix for missions created before the CLU was split off as a separate component, but I haven't found it (yet).

Simple enough even for me - I just fired up CO with ACE & put a unit on the Utes runway along with some ACE launcher boxes.

I think my mistake re thermal imaging was that the tanks & BMPs I added as targets were all empty, I'll add some crewed vehicles this evening. Another advantage of a simple mission running in the editor is that it's easy to switch between day & night, ofc.

BR

Orcinus

Hi Orcinus.

With CoWarMod as seen in the vids, the Javelin can switch between top and direct by hitting

the tab key same key in vanilla controls to lock on targets.

Also

Hit your night vision key (N key) to switch between night vision, and thermal views.

The mod in CoWarMod that has these features is GDT Mod Javelin

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7426

Javelin can lock onto empty vehicles, as well as infantry!

as for empty vehicles see here:

Here's a vid I did demonstrating the direct feature, using bullet time

(bullet time is time slowed down to see the missile).

I locked onto an empty Bmp and positioned an Ai solder near the bmp which I had setup so

I can switch to him and watch the missile I shot :D hit the bmp.

FZCOPk_aLx8

I never used the ACE version javelin but back when i tested COWarMod with ACE the ACE

overrode or disabled the top attack feature in CoWarMod.

Hi Orcinus.

With CoWarMod as seen in the vids, the Javelin can switch between top and direct by hitting

the tab key same key in vanilla controls to lock on targets.

Thanks, Günter.

OK - ran a simple test with some targets on the Utes airstrip with:

vanilla OA;

OA + CBA + COWarmod

OA + CBA + COWarmodAce [a copy of COWarmmod with files removed as per your earlier posts]

OA + CBA + COWarmodAce + ACE

Missiles all hit targets OK in both TOP & DIR modes (except vanilla where I can't get it to switch from DIR to TOP with the TAB or any other key).

I also tested the last configuration after temporarily removing gdtmod_Javelin.pbo / .bisign - no change.

AFAIAC, there's no problem with gdtmod_Javelin.

What's next, boss?

BR

Orcinus

vanilla OA;
?

You mean Arma2CO (Arma2 + OA) CoWarmod wont run on vanilla OA, i mean good portion of mods will but then all the stuff for Arma2 wont work.

plus best to test with Arma2CO not vanilla, as alot of folks dont play with just vanilla OA, I sure dont and dont see the point of doing so when you can have the best of both worlds.

As for CBA thats required no matter what for both mods so its not neccessary to add to as to what you tested with.

All you need to do is test with Arma2CO.

COWarMod alone

ACE2 alone,

then both together.

I have 2 missions here:

for testing by the way I have 2 missions you can download to test on:

Question: How will we test ingame?

I have 3 missions I built and have used in the past to test COWarMod before its release,

one of which I did not use but can be used to test overall game play for at least the infantry aspect.

Download Missions

The following are the missions you can download.

Weapons_Testing.Desert

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/Wea...g.Desert_E.zip

Weapons_Testing.Takistan

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/Wea...g.Takistan.zip

Weapons_Testing.Desert

Weapons_Testing.Takistan

Features:

- both playable in sp, and mp mp you can respawn, sp 1 life

- all vehicles, planes ect,. are respawnable

vehicles for testing respawn in 100secs, vehicles to destroy as targets respawn in 200secs

- if you respawn, or get killed somehow you will respawn with the last weapons you had

- all destroyed vehicles being used and as targets will delete after 100secs once destroyed I have

a cleanup script implemented int he missions.

- There is 1 ammo box with many weapons, box runs off of a an ammo/weapons script i put together,

if you wish to add other types of weapons then get their class names and add to the script,

as laid out.

I recently updated the missions but have yet to update the downloadable versions.

Missiles all hit targets OK in both TOP & DIR modes (except vanilla where I can't get it to switch from DIR to TOP with the TAB or any other key).

this was using:

OA + CBA + COWarmodAce [a copy of COWarmmod with files removed as per your earlier posts]
?

?

You mean Arma2CO (Arma2 + OA) CoWarmod wont run on vanilla OA, i mean good portion of mods will but then all the stuff for Arma2 wont work.

Duh! - Sorry, brain must have been in neutral. using CO (1.59/1.10) of course.

I look forward to the updated missions (I assume there will be ACE versions also). As I noted before, one cannot test the Javelin in any of your test missions when ACE is loaded as there is no CLU in the player inventory, nor in the (non-ACE) ammo boxes. What you have is an empty launcher tube, which you can't load let alone fire. So I simply made an ACE mission with ACE weapons boxes, a player AT soldier, & dotted some armour along the Utes Airfield. The Javelin worked exactly the same with ACE + COWarmodACE as for ACE alone. (The only difference I noted was an useful change in gameplay - with ACE + COWarmod loaded, and a crewed OPFOR tank, within a second or two after the missile launch the tank opens up on you with its MG; presumably the AI enhancements kicking in - good stuff!)

IMHO there need to be ACE-built missions or we won't be able to test whether all of the ACE features work properly alongside COWarmodACE. For example, do the ACE optics & other weapon mods work properly in combination with the various weapons mods - ASC*, gdt*, etc., in COWarmodACE? (I have no idea as yet).

this was using:

?

Apologies if what I wrote wasn't clear. See your post - #46 in this thread - "Files to be removed from COWarmod to make it compatible with ACE". This I followed exactly. So to be clear: I'm using CO with COWarmodACE.

So, what to test next?

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
typo

Thanks for your feedback.

I had tested myself.

COWarModAce works no different then if you just had ACE alone, the gt javelin had no influence,

so my suggestion is remove it.

Remove:

gdtmod_javelin

from CoWarModACE folder

CoWarMod Ace being the new CoWarMod folder that we are tweaking and testing so this would be the folder to remove

files from if we are to remove files to make compatible with ACE.

Also lets not worry about the testing mission, if need be just edit the mission and add to it what you need to test things with,

as that is what im doing, I had made 2 versions of it 1 for ace and 1 for COWarMod, and of course the original with stock game.

Next feature to test

As for the next feature since you subtly mentioned it :D, lets test the

ASC_weapons

&

ASC_Ammoboxes

so what you will need to do is put down the ASC_Ammoboxes in the game, and then test the weapons with the following:

COWarMod alone to see how the weapons work and see how the attachments work with the weapons

COWarModACE this being -mod=@CBA;@COWarModACE;@ACE

as ACE doesn't have these ammo boxes or weapons, we just want to see that since they are in CoWarMod, we want to see if

theres any issues or things preventing the weapons from being able to use the attachments,a nd basically functioning as they would without ace.

I'll will test this in a few hours as i have some RL life things to do atm.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hey, I have tested it with the ASC weapons a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find any problems with the attachments etc. but the weapons didn't have any ACE features e.g. CQB sights and bipod resting. I'll give it another test soon and then write up my results properly. If I remember correctly though, they function fine except for the ACE features

They didn't have any ACE features as they are configured for ASC, they are ASC specific weapons designed for ASC attachments.

They are newly designed weapons in the game, as they have their own classnames which means they have their on cpp's or configs.

Go to this path COWarMod\COWarMod README's\MOD Readmes\ASC_WP_Readme_eng for ASC classnames.

ACE weapons which have btw ace classnames, seen here:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/classlist

In general the ASC should work whether its in COWarMod or in ACE, but we still need to test it to make sure, I foresee it working np.

Thanks zGuba, but with dropbox, you have to zip the pbos, you cant send them as is.

You got to zip it, or it wont be downloadable, file size makes no difference.

put it in your public folder, then once its there, copy th public link and thats it.