Sign in to follow this  
zulu1

WW4 + LOL Test Server

Hey Guys,

I just converted my server over to WW4_2.5 plus LOL addons. It seems to be working well and WW4 anims work without crashing :yay:

My connection is weak on the upload side so be patient with the possible high pings.

Zulu's WW4 Test Server

Get LOL clan addons at http://www.nakedsquid.com

Edited by Zulu1
my IP changed on me

well i joined to server at lunchtime.

CTD on client side after 3 sec play. :(

more tests afternoon

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Be sure to get the patch 1 to fix the remaining bugs of the default WW4 2.5

sure!

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

sorry by fault i loaded in Zekmod Deluxe too.

its also contains some custom anims on client side.

thats why crashed

not anymore. :yay:

Thanks Sanctuary.

The server is now patched to patch1.

I see a surprising amount of activity including some familiar players from LOL and Recon clans. Some people actually had WW4 mod.

1:13:58 gum uses modified data file - RES;@[lol];@LOLextras;@LOLExtras2;@LOLislands;llaumax;@ww4mod25

4:07:13 Incubus uses modified data file - RES;@[LOL];@LOLextras;@LOLExtras2;@LOLIslands;@ww4mod25;@ZekmodDeluxe << fail

4:59:31 Hoopmoy uses modified data file - RES;@lol;@lolextras;@lolislands;@lolextras2;@ww4mod25

5:42:55 QWESTERS uses modified data file - RES;@recon;@jam3;@isles;@reconextra1;@llaumax <<fail

13:38:48 tom34 uses modified data file - RES;@ww4mod25

13:46:18 LetMePlay uses modified data file - RES;@ww4mod25

Thanks for playing.

Cool, Zulu! Thanks for putting this up. Are there any WW4 specific missions on the server?

@Anguis

Not yet but I'm sure Incubus is working on some already.

my ofp closes automatically.

also i need a "ww4_weaponry" addon.

ww4mod25 + patch is installed :/

Are there any WW4 specific missions on the server?

yes i made 5 missions specific for WW4mod.

come and try it.

we are 4 playing on server atm ;)

heres some short vids from server:

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

my ofp closes automatically.

also i need a "ww4_weaponry" addon.

ww4mod25 + patch is installed :/

same error pop up sometimes in briefing on MP server but we can play after load without any problems.

The WW4_Weaponry error is something i noticed several months ago when playing some multiplayer missions.

I found the source of the problem : when creating and saving a mission in multiplayer, the WW4_Weaponry class was not saved in the mission.sqm addon list for reason i never understood (as everything seemed to be correctly defined in configs.

I fixed this problem by making the WW4_Weaponry (it the cfgpatch name of the ww4_magazines.pbo own config.cpp) to be preloaded by OFP/CWA (it's listed in the config.cpp preload addon section).

Since fixing it, in further mp games this message never appeared anymore for any of us.

I'm really curious as to why this is happening for you.

Because with WW4_Weaponry being preloaded it should not be possible that it being listed as missing from a mission.sqm addon list would trigger the message again.

As i notice you're using more than ww4, are you using a different main config.cpp that would come with one of the addon pack you're using along WW4 ?

Or a custom config that would be missing the WW4_Weaponry entry in the addon preload section of the config ?

in the end of the main modified config.cpp you may use for ww4+whatever other mod running, be sure you have :

class WW4things
		{
		list[]={"WW4_Weaponry","WW4_DesertAbel","WW4_DesertAbel2","WW4_DesertEden","WW4_DesertEden2","WW4_helper"};
		};

listed after

class ResistanceBIStudio
		{
		list[]={"Noe"};
		};

Does this happen on a specific mission ? (and then can someone upload it so i can check the mission.sqm to see if i can track the source of that new problem ?)

Edited by Sanctuary

not a big problem as i said b4

mapmakers know this problem well

couple of other mods and addonpack make same problem.

and also the different MP server enviroment.

our [LOL]server after moved to different enviroment always make error: missing addon: bis_resistance.

only need add the missing addon into mission.sqm

i did. added the "WW4_weaponry" into mission.sqm:

addOns[]=
{
	"BMP2",
	"bas_soar185",
	"Bizon",
	"editorupdate102",
	"bas_weap",
	"Baracken",
	"C8X_RUSS",
	"icp_weaponpack",
	"WW4_REVEmy",
	"WW4_SHWmy",
	"WW4_vehicles",
	"WW4_Espfo",
	"WW4_SHEmy",
	"WW4_Eparmy",
	"NOCH_hesc1",
	"ww4_earmy",
	"CATIntro",
	"afganobj",
	"OWP_ZIL",
	"bas_mah60",
[color="Red"]	        "ww4_weaponry"[/color]

problem solved.

But that's really strange, because this error should not happen, even with the ww4_weaponry missing from the mission.sqm, because the addon is preloaded, there shouldn't be this error and there should be no need of adding the entry manually.

Can you please try this simple MP mission in your dedicaced server :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/piyg0i

That's one of those i played with some friends we had no missing addon message, it's only 3 squads attacking an AI town, (with respawn set to squad).

But it uses only WW4 troops (and so WW4 weapons) .

The mission.sqm logically miss the ww4_weaponry entry (as for unknown reason it's not saved by the mission editor), but for us there is no error message because the addon is preloaded in the config.cpp of the ww4 mod.

If you have the missing ww4_weaponry message, the reason could then be that the dedicaced server (we were using none, as it was one of us hosting) may simply be ignoring preloaded addons (could explain why you see the missing bis_resistance, as it is too a preloaded addon)

If it is the case, i don't see how to work around this (out of addon missing entries manually) as it's most likely a bug of the dedicaced server code.

Sanctuary,

The dedicated server is more sensitive about declared addons in the mission.sqm. Infact missions that use no addons want certain addons listed in the mission.sqm.

bis_resistance

bas_kiowapack

bas_repairh

troublemakers_mc

I'm sure it's something in the addon configs, but nothing that stands out.

That's what is strange, because i have looked every ww4 addon own config.cpp several time, and everything seems correctly defined :

- ww4 troops own configs are using ww4 weapons -> their required addon section include ww4_weaponry

- vehicles using ww4 crew/pilots -> they have the specific ww4 troop in required addon, but as they use ww4 weapons, they too have ww4_weaponry in required addons too

I really can't see what can puzzle the dedicaced server there (especially with ww4_weaponry being preloaded) , that's something i would really like to know to get a chance to make those files compatible with both dedicaced and non-dedicaced servers, as for now only non-dedicaced have no such problems.

EDIT :

strange thing, if you add a Empty -> WW4 Ammo -> whatever of the crates, it will add as expected the WW4_Weaponry entry in the mission.sqm

So why are the weapons that are under the same CfgPatches not adding this entry that is puzzle the dedicaced server despite it's in the preload addon section ?

Will be difficult to fix as i can't see any sense in this problem.

Edited by Sanctuary

not a big problem to add that extra empty box or a "ww4_weaponry" line manually into mission.sqm.

don't have sleepless nights. this mod is awesome.

me personally first timer on MP server with this mod and its AWESOME!

its open new dimensions. how u made this intelligent enemies?

they can flank us less than 2-3 min after first shoot. left their path and attack, changed thier behaviour after first shot.

with player gum seen yesterday AI have tried avoid our bullets!! like a human player! we just simply forgot to shoot and wondering like small kids...

we are on it to move server from US to EUR coz lot of players connecting day-by-day more, need better pings.

im on mapmake, daily one. :) now we have 8 missions on test server.

thank you Sanctuary

For patch 2 i'll make a notice for mission maker making MP mission to put a WW4 Ammo crate somewhere on the island (and add a deletevehicle this in its init line if the crate is uneeded) to get the dedicaced server required entry.

For the AI, i think it was a bit of luck depending on the terrain that makes it look like the AI was trying to avoid being shot ;)

The improvement on the AI in WW4 are these :

-increased max range for the WW4 ammo, as default OFP had AI weapon (ammo i mean as it's all in the ammo) being only able to shoot at max 250 meters (except machinegunners and snipers that ammo had longer maxrange), so as long as you were shooting an AI from beyond that range, it was never a danger to you.

With WW4 weapons/ammos the AI is able to return fire at distance the player usually engage it, making the AI more dangerous .

-increased sensitivity (some corps more than other) , allowing the AI to become aware of you from longer range, that should put a stop to the ridiculous "i'm crawling in the middle of the street while an AI at 50 meter is facing me but does not even notice i'm there" situation.

If the AI knows better where you are, they should then be able to move in a better way in comparison to your location.

-larger space in a formation between soldiers, allowing squad to cover much more ground, allowing them to flank enemy more easily or at least give the impression to the player the AI is flanking him.

Default OFP shorter formation spacing made it so a whole squad would be coming roughly from an expected direction, with larger spacing, it can come from front and the side more than usual, giving a feeling the AI has a brain

- stronger body armor (not the head though as 1 shot in the head = 1 dead) allowing firefight to have a longer duration without having to use high dispersion ammo that very often frustrate the player ("why is that bullet not landing where i aim" ? )

Some corps have much stronger body armor, to reflect that they're much more dangerous too.

This allow to work around the lack of AI tactic in the middle of a firefight, as in reality people take cover, hide and use terrain features/buildings to avoid getting hit, while in OFP the AI does not know how to do anything like this, making firefight unrealistically short .

Additionally, it makes medics even more interesting units, as now they have a chance to heal someone or an AI as there are more wounded than killed in the few first seconds of a firefight.

Anyways, i'm glad people are enjoying the gameplay ;)

Edited by Sanctuary

-increased max range for the WW4 ammo, as default OFP had AI weapon (ammo i mean as it's all in the ammo) being only able to shoot at max 250 meters (except machinegunners and snipers that ammo had longer maxrange), so as long as you were shooting an AI from beyond that range, it was never a danger to you.

Yeah we've expeirenced this. Also bullets seem to have more penetrating power. Getting killed while hiding behind cover, wall, house, hilltop etc. is very common.

With WW4 weapons/ammos the AI is able to return fire at distance the player usually engage it, making the AI more dangerous.

-increased sensitivity (some corps more than other) , allowing the AI to become aware of you from longer range, that should put a stop to the ridiculous "i'm crawling in the middle of the street while an AI at 50 meter is facing me but does not even notice i'm there" situation.

If the AI knows better where you are, they should then be able to move in a better way in comparison to your location.

Fire seems to come from nowhere now. You just roll and pray that you don't get hit. :)

-larger space in a formation between soldiers, allowing squad to cover much more ground, allowing them to flank enemy more easily or at least give the impression to the player the AI is flanking him.

Default OFP shorter formation spacing made it so a whole squad would be coming roughly from an expected direction, with larger spacing, it can come from front and the side more than usual, giving a feeling the AI has a brain.

I'm use to this from WGL, but seems to be more than an illusion that we are being flanked. :P

- stronger body armor (not the head though as 1 shot in the head = 1 dead) allowing firefight to have a longer duration without having to use high dispersion ammo that very often frustrate the player ("why is that bullet not landing where i aim" ? )

Some corps have much stronger body armor, to reflect that they're much more dangerous too.

This allow to work around the lack of AI tactic in the middle of a firefight, as in reality people take cover, hide and use terrain features/buildings to avoid getting hit, while in OFP the AI does not know how to do anything like this, making firefight unrealistically short .

Additionally, it makes medics even more interesting units, as now they have a chance to heal someone or an AI as there are more wounded than killed in the few first seconds of a firefight.

This is a big change to the mod. Comments are like "do these guys ever die?" With light assult weapons can take 5 or more body shots to drop them. Although the M82 does the job quite well. This does create the need to have an adequete supply of ammo.

It's a lot of fun to play and now challenges the mission maker too. Using classic misison making style yeilds an impossible to win mission.

-Question, what is the difference between the 556 and WLR rounds?

Also we have a problem with Kegety's spectating script. The death cam portion does not seem to work in all missions???

Edited by Zulu1

Yes, the damage and armor system is the biggest change to the gameplay people are used to, once they will get used to it they will notice how much intense it is making the battle, as it works around the fact the AI is unable to use tactic and use cover that lead OFP firefights to be over in only a few seconds instead of the several minutes it should be in real situations.

Question, what is the difference between the 556 and WLR rounds?

WLR (and ELR for eastern weapon) is a special AI version of the normal ammo i created for those AI Marksmen wielding a rifle with a PSO/Acog .

Previously it used the same ammo as the regular version of the rifle, and because unfortunately in OFP the AI range is tied to the CfgAmmo and not to the CfgWeapons, it meant that the AI was using the same maxrange as the non-PSO/Acog rifle.

Leading an AI Marksman to then not be able to take any advantage of their rifle having a PSO/Acog device like a player can do.

I then decided to create this special ammo with a longer range, to simulate the fact that with PSO/Acog one can shoot at longer range more easily, something impossible if the AI was using the regular ammo.

For the player it is changing nothing, as it's the same damage and range defined on CfgAmmo only affect AI, and the rifle can accept the normal ammo too, so players can share mags.

Also we have a problem with Kegety's spectating script. The death cam portion does not seem to work in all missions???

In previous version of WW4 i had integrated Kegety's spectating script in the ressource.cpp and had the OFP original death cam replaced by the spectating script.

But in some rare situation (most involved the player being killed inside of a vehicle) i had the script failing for unknown reason (unknown as the worst is that it was not happening everytime in the same situation) and when it happened the player was stuck with no other possibilities than CTRL+ALT+DEL to exit from the game.

That's the reason i restored the BIS deathcam script in the scripts.pbo, but i left Kegety's spectating ressource defined in the resource.cpp in the mod\bin\ folder, for the case i would ever find a solution.

Maybe this is conflicting with the mission editing version of the spectating script, so here is a version of the ww4 resource.cpp from which i removed the definition for the spectating ressources.

Can you try to replace the one in @ww4mod25\bin\ by this new one and see if it allows the missions that can't run the spectating script ?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j2g5si

If it is indeed the problem (i don't see what else it could be if the problem really come from the WW4 mod), i'll add this new resource.cpp to the patch 2

@Sanctuary

I tried the updated resource.cpp, but it did not seem to help. Thanks anyway. ;)

Hi Stooker,

You're welcome to play anytime the server is up.

I'm amazed that your ww4zeekmod didin't crash my server :)