Sign in to follow this  
Cripsis

Wargame: European Escalation Gameplay

I just watched 7 out of 8 Pattons get blasted because not one of them shot back. They all had ammo, the go ahead to fire, and where well within range with a good line of sight. Anyone know whats up with that? Totally screwed me that game. That's why I play Pact. :D

Well this game is turning pretty stalemate for me. Its either someone spams a shitload of arty which is getting pretty common now just sit back in your base and spam spam spam on anything that moves with a barrage of arty. Or spam cheap units and send them on a roadtrain of death down a highway to the enemy base, or both sides just end up camping in forrests and awaits the other team to make the move which pretty much means whoever attacks first loses the match, cause its easier to gain points by just letting the enemy attack you while you just sit back and let the points role in. Anything inbewteen seems just be a waste of time, any form of tactics seems to get overshadowed by the things i mentioned above. For example i played a round 3v3 our team captured more points and was generally on the offensive more the other team camped alot had less capzones and generally played the defence, although we managed to get right up to their base pounding them into submission the game ended because the points limit was reached, what surprised me was that we lost while they won.... Like how does that work...

So..

We had more capzones

We attacked more and successfully reached their last capzone/mainbase

We had more units on the battlefield than they did

We played as a team supplying eachother with ammo/fuel and arty support when needed

The enemy camped and failed to cap as many zones as we did...

Had alot less units towards the end of the game than we did..

Was facing complete and utter destruction as our armies was pounding their LAST capzone

Game ends, they win with a minor victory... Ermmmmm wtf

I love arty spammers. They always waste money on arty and can't defend themselves.

@Opticalsnare

most probably, despite your team having lost less units, they were more expensive and made your opponents earn more points per kill.

also, capping afaik, only increases points earned per cycle (4 seconds), i don't think it counts toward winning directly.

did you keep an eye on the points counter? i see many players infiltrate opponents base just with the intent of destroying the command vehicle (200-240 points)...

but i agree on the spam though, i've seen that a lot too.

The only thing I can see wrong with this game is the stupidly small number of maps and people's obsession with "Hell's Highway". Maybe DLC will change that, who knows.

Edited by GRS

i dunno how you play snare but the only spam ive had be a problem is from gunships against my armoured units

sure i have AA but they take out a good few of my armour units and i dont have the advantage for the final push

arty spam is easy to take care of, my VDV behind enemy lines spotting them for my arty...or hinds :D you can counter spam rather easy if you have the right units

I came across this troll spammer

It's sufficient to check his units placement in the beginning (~4m30 in), no need to bring yourself more pain than that...

It is revealing how his team mates FOB resources were being sucked by this guy, one of them left.

There is a bonus though, for those who resist a opponent like that, WIN.

I do hate FOB leeches. Like Slatts said, VDV behind enemy lines, always. He would have been toasted real quick.

I am really looking forward to the next big update:

- Comp Stomp: It’s being tested as I speak (well, write). It takes more time that stated two weeks ago because we’ve decided not to just transpose the solo campaign’s AI, but to improve it especially for the multiplayer in order to give it sharper teeth. Thus more challenge, be warned…

- Ability to ping the map.

- New Game Modes & Victory Conditions

- New Multiplayer Maps

- Possibility to watch old replays from previous versions.

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3470

Especially awaiting proper COOP.

Damnit I deleted all my old replays. :(

Very excited though. Thanks for posting that.

Ha, I love all the people who think flanking on Hell's Highway is some genius creative concept, the map screams to do it. I also don't get the fascination with that map, I think it's kind of lame since it's so over played.

Cool site there gamma

Just bought this game and am two missions in to the singleplayer campaign. Are the people here still playing it?

I am, but my PC is down right now and my new build is two weeks out. I can't wait to play again though.

still now and again, kinda hard to get playing the campaign when theres work to be done lol

My steam name is RangerPL1322 by the way (my name on W:EE is RangerPL) if anyone wants to play, feel free to add me.

Took advantage of the 40% discount last weekend and bought it.

Stuck on the last mission of the first campaign though.

Played my first MP game last night which was fun!

We'll have to get a game going sometime once I'm back online. My new build will be done next weekend.

My W:EE name is Gary

Edited by GRS

wouldnt mind joining in with you guys if i have the time

We'll have to get some BIS forum member games going. I'd be happy to play against anyone. I prefer 1v1 because I remember getting very tired of people doing dumb things like not watching unguarded CV's or using tanks as AA, but I have more faith in the people here. ;)

Edited by GRS

doing dumb things like [...] using tanks as AA

In that first MP game I played last night, that actually happened to me. I had 3 or 4 Leo 1A4s hidden in a forest overlooking a sector, and one of the opponents flew over with 6 Mi-24As. They all got shot down haha! I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened. Couldn't believe I won the engagement!

In that case yes, but I have seen people on my team send T64's out to fight Apaches. True story. 2 T64's sent into the open to fight 4 Apaches. -_-

Stuck on the last mission of the first campaign though.

I beat that one a few days ago. I had something like two Leopard 1A4s, four Leo 1A3s and four AMX-10 (with the missiles). Aside from that I had a Kiowa for recon purposes and two Chapparals for air defense. It's not that hard if you maneuver your armored/mechanized forces and pay attention to what the Soviets are throwing at you. There's an FOB to the right side of the map that you can use to replenish your Chinooks and trucks.

I got tank rushed near the end and was facing over a dozen T-64s but fortunately the peace treaty was signed before they got to the bridge.

The machine gun on top of a tank is an anti-aircraft gun ;)

problem is that helis have NO armour

I filled the tree lines with Marders and Panzergrenadiers. The amount of MILANs they were going through was beyond the joke. Keeping them resupplied with the Chinooks was critical.