Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.5

We ( the group i play with Seawolves.org) are pretty much using 2 of your mods exclusively so far within our group (GRAA 3.0 and WW4 2.5) keep up the great work!!!! I am adding this in hopes someone can help I was wondering if there were a way we could add Navy seal skins to use with WW4. I know it doesn't come with it but the group I play with are Navy Seal fans. Any suggestions anyone?

**NOTE**

The DEVGRU skins are fine I didnt realize they were part of WW4. Does anyone know how I can enable the reload while moving? I played a couple mods that have it so I was wondering what needed to be enabled

Edited by njmatrix

Hi.

What i need to put into server.cfg file between lines

checkfiles[]={      

};

to see if someone connecting to server without WW4 or not properly installed mod? (WW4BIS)

(if someone start playing without WW4 OFP soon crash after game start)

I puted e.g.

checkfiles[]={      
"ww4_pistolanim.pbo\pvpravo.rtm",
"dta\anim.pbo\animbackbone.rtm"
};

and connected without WW4 but no message when connecting to server...

EDIT:

OK i have solution..

I puted:

"Anim\klek.rtm"
"Anim\animbackbone.rtm"

and now i see if someone connecting to server without WW4.

But maybe someone have better solution?

Edited by tom34

Those 2 animations should be too with the WW4 BIS mini mod too, so they shouldn't be reliable to detect if someone has the full ww4 mod.

Usually what can lead into crash is if the client have different animations files from the server, and different defined animation in the config.cpp than the server.

So what could provide reliable way to see if someone connect with the mod correctly installed should be to see if he has :

-the same config.cpp

-the same resource.cpp

-the same files inside dta\Anim.pbo

-the same files inside addons\ww4_pistolanim.pbo

-the same files inside addons\ww4_modanim.pbo

Now the problem with @ww425bis is that it is using the same

\dta\Anim.pbo

\addons\ww4_pistolanim.pbo

\addons\ww4_modanim.pbo

as the full mod (as the point of @ww425bis mini mod was to have the BIS settings with the WW4 animations).

But it use a different config.cpp.

So if there's a reliable way to see if someone is using the @ww4mod25 mod and not the @ww425bis , it's with the config.cpp of the ww4 mod

Next version i'll introduce a pbo with a different file inside for the full mod and the bis mini one, allowing to detect easily.

hi,

but eventually i'll get to add some air vehicles too, but considering my current level of motivation, it will take time.

I tested a lot of planes and choppers lately.

Here's some suggestion for the best addons I found:

- DKM Comanche: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=4338 (too scripted IMHO but very good addon)

- Evgeni's Kamov 52 Alligator: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9144 (too scripted IMHO but very good addon)

- Our Weapons's Mi-8 pack: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9263 (impressive work)

- Our Weapons's Mi-26: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8038 (impressive work)

- Our Weapons's Mi-2 pack: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=4495 (impressive work)

- Evgeni's Sukhoi Su-34: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10827 (note that screens doesn't give justice to this addon. It is one of the best plane I ever seen in ofp)

- Spetsnaz Mod Su-27: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=6966 (never finished but good addon)

- Footmunch's Tu-22m3 Backfire: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8879 (I just like to pilot this one :))

- Sole's Mv-22 Retextured by Wipman: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8296 (not very detailed but it changes a bit)

Of course, there's much more good stuff released and I mostly tested east aircrafts but maybe it will give you some inspiration/motivation to release some good WW4 air vehicles.

cya.

Nikiller.

Hi, Sanctuary. I think I never posted here praising this mod, so let me rectify that: Awesome work. Really. I can't imagine playing OFP/CWA without it. As you can see, for me it's a must-have.

And now, the glitch.

I don't know if you are aware of this but I've found out that some of your units are not visible when they're behind a window with glass (inside a building, haven't tested it anywhere else). The units affected seem to be the ones with goggles It affects quite a bunch of units, goggles or not. Searching around I've found what seems the cause of this glitch (that's for Arma, but the issue seems to be the same). You can see it by yourself in this example mission.

Is there any easy way to fix this? Maybe changing something in their cofig.cpp to remove their glass textures or something?

------

EDIT:

Here's the whole list of the problematic units:

RESISTANCE

- Airborne

- Antiterror

- Army

- Parachutes

- Mercs

WEST

- Airborne

- Antiterror

- Army

- Marines

- Parachutes

- Recon

- ShadowOps

- SpecOps

- Mercs

EAST

- Airborne

- Army

- Marines

- Parachutes

- ShadowOps

- SpecOps

- Mercs

Edited by kenoxite
Added the list. Corrected my first assumptions about the goggles.

Something tells me you're not using the current version of WW4 because in WW4 2.5 i removed the window textures that were the source of the bug (bug that was present in previous version of WW4), to do with bad alpha sorting with those PAA/PAC things.

( a problem BIS knew as in the Resistance expansion they made no window texture for the new buildings in order to avoid this problem.)

Go in the 1st post of this thread and get the current version.

Ah, ok. Glad to hear is because of that.

I edited the config of WW4 to use Berhoff's replacement islands. Now I see WW4 island replacements were there for a reason :)

Thanks for the quick answer.

Yes, if you use custom island, the buildings will need to be replaced in the .wrp by the fixed ones to benefit from the removed window texture.

You can try to use an hex editor or notepad++, and open the island .wrp file

then replace

data3d\hospoda_mesto.p3d

by

ww4fix\hospoda_mesto.p3d

and

data3d\dum_mesto_in.p3d

by

ww4fix\dum_mesto_in.p3d

That fix works flawlessly.

Too bad those building replacements don't have assigned positions. But now that I know that I can just avoid placing anything there, to allow full compatibility with WW4.

Thanks again for your quick and helpful reply.

Oh, i didn't noticed about the building positions that are missing, that's a bug because they should be always be there. Thanks for the report as i wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Will have to fix that for 3.0

Apparently, i ran into another hardcoded crap with that reported missing battle position bug.

So config-less buildings like the ones that appear in the default OFP island needs their P3D to be put in the whatevermod\dta\Data3D.pbo to have their battle postions displayed ingame and in waypoints, the solution i used previously, because it involved then a smaller PBO, had those battle positions not appearing at all, so you couldn't send an AI in one of them by script or waypoint.

Ok, so here's how to do with the current ww4 2.5

- Download this Data3D.rar archive from one of the mirrors from that website :

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/10JMSD2E/Data3D.rar_links

- Extract the Data3D.pbo from it and put that file in your ...\@ww4mod25\dta\ folder

Important note : if you play with OFP and not CWA, put that file in

\@ww4mod25\dta\

and

\@ww4mod25\dta\HWTL\

(create the HWTL folder if it does not exist)

CWA does not need that HWTL folder, it's only if you play ww4 2.5 in OFP

- open the config.cpp file located in your ...\@ww4mod25\bin\ folder

Find

class Eden:DefaultWorld

Scroll down a bit and replace

worldName="\ww4fix\eden.wrp";

by

worldName="eden.wrp";

Now find

class Cain:DefaultWorld

Scroll down a bit and replace

worldName="\ww4fix\cain.wrp";

by

worldName="cain.wrp";

- In your \@ww4mod25\addons\ folder find and delete :

ww4fix.pbo

(don't mistake it with ww4_fx.pbo)

You shouldn't do that if you're playing with the mod in MP, unless the server and your buddies use the same modification i listed there.

That should be all, that will be in the ww4 mod 3.0 , probably to be released somewhere around 2048 .

Buildings that used a translucent texture previously in their window will have such texture removed, to prevent the alpha sorting bug that made some units with paa textures becoming invisible, it wasn't annoying for the AI that could see you, but you couldn't see them if you were behind such window.

Custom islands played with the mod will too benefit from that.

Edit : this file can be used in any mod that does not yet have its own \dta\Data3D.pbo

In the mod has already such file, and if you want to use the bug-less buildings, extract from the file i uploaded

dum_mesto_in.p3d

hospoda_mesto.p3d

And use them in whatever mod own Data3D.pbo (use Eliteness to depbo and repbo the Data3D.pbo)

Edited by Sanctuary

Well, what can I say? Thanks again for the help! This solves all the problems.

Thanks to you for reporting this problem i never noticed.

It was a very important bug considering many missions use battle position in scripts and waypoint. Happy to see it finally gone.

As I'm using a custom sky pack that uses its own dta folder I've created a .bat file that installs this fix in any addon, just by copying this to a directory and clicking the .bat file.

It's based precisely on the .bat of replacement skies like modul, hiski, etc., as they need to do exactly what this fix needs to, which is to replace some of the original files in data3d.pbo with new ones.

As it's turned out to be a very simple and flexible installation process I've thought of sharing it here, so others can use it.

So far I've only been able to test this with the CWA version (my original OFP is nowhere to be found at this day and age), so someone with the original OFP or better .bat-fu than myself should verify that this works with the OFP version.

Here's the bat for CWA:

@echo off
cls
echo.

If not exist hospoda_mesto.p3d echo ERROR hospoda_mesto.p3d not found
If not exist hospoda_mesto.p3d goto end
If not exist Dum_mesto.p3d echo ERROR Dum_mesto.p3d not found
If not exist Dum_mesto.p3d goto end

:ok1
If not exist ..\data3d.pbo echo ERROR data3d.pbo not found
If not exist ..\data3d.pbo goto end

echo This tool will instert the fixed buildings into
echo the data3d.pbo of the addon you're using.
echo.
echo Your original files will be backed up before
echo modifying them. They will be the ones with the
echo extension .preww4.bak
echo.
echo If you want to go back to your original files
echo delete your data3d.pbo and remove the ".preww4.bak" extension
echo of the backup file.
echo.
echo.
echo Before proceeding, please make sure that you have
echo at least 100MB free space on this drive.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Press any key to continue or ctrl-c to abort.
pause >NUL

mkdir temp
del /Q temp\*.* >NUL

cls
echo Creating backups...
echo.

copy ..\data3d.pbo ..\data3d.pbo.preww4.bak

cls
echo Processing data3d.pbo...
echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\data3d.pbo temp
del /Q temp\hospoda_mesto.p3d.srpc >NUL
del /Q temp\Dum_mesto.p3d.srpc >NUL
copy /Y *.p3d temp\ >NUL
bin\cpbo.exe -p temp ..\data3d.pbo
del /Q temp\*.* >NUL
Rmdir /Q temp >NUL

cls
echo.
echo All done!
echo Your addon is now totally compatible with WW4.
echo.
echo.
:end
pause

And for OFP:

@echo off
cls
echo.

If not exist hospoda_mesto.p3d echo ERROR hospoda_mesto.p3d not found
If not exist hospoda_mesto.p3d goto end
If not exist Dum_mesto.p3d echo ERROR Dum_mesto.p3d not found
If not exist Dum_mesto.p3d goto end

:ok1
If not exist ..\data3d.pbo echo ERROR data3d.pbo not found
If not exist ..\data3d.pbo goto end

echo This tool will instert the fixed buildings into
echo the data3d.pbo files of the addon you're using.
echo.
echo Your original files will be backed up before
echo modifying them. They will be the ones with the
echo extension .ww4bak
echo.
echo If you want to go back to your original files
echo delete your data3d.pbo (from hwtl too) and remove 
echo the ".ww4bak" extension of the backup files.
echo.
echo.
echo Before proceeding, please make sure that you have
echo at least 100MB free space on this drive.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Press any key to continue or ctrl-c to abort.
pause >NUL

mkdir temp
del /Q temp\*.* >NUL

cls
echo Creating backups...
echo.

copy ..\data3d.pbo ..\data3d.pbo.preww4.bak
copy ..\data3d.pbo ..\hwtl\data3d.pbo.preww4.bak

cls
echo Processing data3d.pbo...
echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\data3d.pbo temp
copy /Y *.p3d temp\ >NUL
bin\cpbo.exe -p temp ..\data3d.pbo
del /Q temp\*.* >NUL

cls
echo Processing hwtl\data3d.pbo...
echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\hwtl\data3d.pbo temp
copy /Y *.p3d temp\ >NUL
bin\cpbo.exe -p temp ..\hwtl\data3d.pbo
del /Q temp\*.* >NUL

Rmdir /Q temp >NUL

cls
echo.
echo All done!
echo Your addon is now totally compatible with WW4.
echo.
echo.
:end
pause

ONE CLICK WW4 BUILDING FIX INSTALL

Download

INSTRUCTIONS

============

1. Copy the folder "WW4fix_otheraddons"

2. Paste it inside the "DTA" directory of the addon you want to apply this

OR to the main "DTA" of the game.

3. Run "ApplyFix_OFP.bat" or "ApplyFix_CWA.bat" depending on the version of your game.

4. Enjoy!

----

PS: I've included kegety's cpbo.exe but now that I think about it I should probably have asked him for permission as I'm putting this out there for everyone to grab it. Should I reupload a version without cpbo.exe?

Good job, that's interesting for people that have never tinkered with PBO files.

hi,

Just found a little glitch. V94 sniper rifle tracers are orange (West tracers) and not yellow (East tracers).

cya.

Nikiller.

Thanks for the report, the guilty part is in the ww4_magazines.pbo own config.cpp

class WW4_East_127x99_Sniper_Bullet : WW4_50_Cal_Sniper_Bullet {WW4_TRACER_W_STRONG_OPTIONAL;};

Should be

class WW4_East_127x99_Sniper_Bullet : WW4_50_Cal_Sniper_Bullet {WW4_TRACER_E_STRONG_OPTIONAL;};

Will be fixed for ww4 3.0, whenever i'll get back into it.

I have WW4 Mod, but I don't like when enemy give me a headshot with AK from 400m :hmmm: ... Can it be solved please ? Everything else is perfect , thats only suggestion I have.

Hey Sanctuary, I'd like to make some custom camouflaged body armor. I've been using the wrinkles2.tga to make more clothing but I can't find an equivalent template for the body armor/boots. I've been using the black armor (wemer2.tga) to merge but because it's so dark the outline of the seams washes out into the material.

Can you provide a template .tga for the body armor?

Oh and I have another useful suggestion for a future version. Use the dexterity attribute for more weapons to give a better feeling of weight. I've been experimenting myself and found using 0.5 for GPMGs, 0.75 for sniper rifles/LMGs, 0.9 for battle rifles, 1.0 for assault rifles, 1.5 for carbines, 2.0 for SMGs and 3.0 for pistols gives a distinct difference in feel for each weapon class. It definitely provides an incentive for people to choose lighter weapons for CQB.

Edited by *Zeewolf*

hi,

I have WW4 Mod, but I don't like when enemy give me a headshot with AK from 400m :hmmm: ... Can it be solved please ? Everything else is perfect , thats only suggestion I have.

You can solve this "problem" with this script.

cya.

Nikiller.

I am still using this: (I used green WW4 texture for Recons and Color Range)

colorrange.png

Just paste this texture on your camo and use Transparency. Do same with body armor (Select > Color Range) -The Photoshop

Edited by Roberto
adding something

Thanks, I'll try that.

Were you referring to AI shooting you or human players? For AI just give them WW4_E762_30HDmag instead of WW4_E762_30mag to increase their shot dispersion. For humans you are better off re-zeroing the AK sights to 200m (default is 400m) using distanceZoomMin=200; distanceZoomMax=200; in WW4_AK47, you can also reduce the muzzle velocity of WW4_E762_30mag (initspeed). This will make it more difficult to pull off accurate long range fire (especially with no optics) without compromising accuracy at shorter ranges.

For my mods I set all iron sights and close combat optics to zero at 200m and all acog/elcan/PSO sights to 300m.

I have WW4 Mod, but I don't like when enemy give me a headshot with AK from 400m ... Can it be solved please ? Everything else is perfect , thats only suggestion I have.

I'm always tweaking the dispersion, as it's an area that never satisfy me, headshots at 400m from an AI should be very rare, unless you're fighing some of the best troops (some ww4 corps are much better and efficient than other).

The difficulty will be to keep the AI able to engage from long distance, like the player do, instead of having to it to run in the open until it reach its max engagement range, but while preventing both the AI to hit everything immediately, while not making the AI missing every shots.

In my gameplay vision, everything relating to shooting that the player can do (shooting from long range and hitting the target at long range) should be able to be done by the AI, at least the most efficient of the ww4 corps.

Hey Sanctuary, I'd like to make some custom camouflaged body armor. I've been using the wrinkles2.tga to make more clothing but I can't find an equivalent template for the body armor/boots. I've been using the black armor (wemer2.tga) to merge but because it's so dark the outline of the seams washes out into the material.

Can you provide a template .tga for the body armor?

They're not mine, as i never had a tga template, but it will be hopefully usefull to you :

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/AFVOYKTH/TEMPLATES.rar_links

They have been made kindly by Jlkv long time ago

Oh and I have another useful suggestion for a future version. Use the dexterity attribute for more weapons to give a better feeling of weight. I've been experimenting myself and found using 0.5 for GPMGs, 0.75 for sniper rifles/LMGs, 0.9 for battle rifles, 1.0 for assault rifles, 1.5 for carbines, 2.0 for SMGs and 3.0 for pistols gives a distinct difference in feel for each weapon class. It definitely provides an incentive for people to choose lighter weapons for CQB.

Earlier version ww4 i had played with some different dexterity value, but since and totally thanks to DanAK47, i discovered that heavier weapons were one of the major reason why the AI was so slow in engaging an enemy it just noticed, waiting a lot less time before shooting, making the game too easy.

So in 3.0 weapons will be then "lighter" than in current release, leading them to be quicker then to move around the screen, and will allow the AI to fight better and be more of a threat.

Ahh, ok my work is only concerned with multiplayer so I can happily avoid any problems it causes the AI (I'm working on a "Create-A-Class" system based on my earlier work allowing users to purchase and save loadouts for MP Missions).

Any thoughts on masterkey/M26 MASS attachments in WW4? I found that providing a selection of Buckshot, slugs and FRAG-12 makes them very popular.

@sancutary

how can i set group formation to ofp formation?