Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.5

ok updated my Google Drive link and added noob1's stuff to it as well. Also I combined WW4 Ext and Patch 4 to create WW4 EXT Full 94 ( you will see the link as well) Before anyone downloads that is there any issues with me combining that to make it one download? no conflicts right? Here is the link again:

SW NFMZ1 G Drive

Also use the links as you like. These should be permanent (unless Google dies off someday lol. Don't see that happening anytime soon) I don't plan on removing them. I will be updating them as new editions are posted.

Feedback is welcome. :p

So far so good played Steal The Car with Modern weapons so far :)

Edited by njmatrix

Before anyone downloads that is there any issues with me combining that to make it one download? no conflicts right?

If you mean regarding permission, then nope, go ahead. Keep bundling EXT as you see fit.

Hello ;)

Can you make a Version of the mod that can be used with the new Llauma Head model ? So that it can be played with your awesome GRAA 3.0 mod :)

Just a Request sir Sactuary :D

Is there anywhere I can find a wiki sort of thing for this? There are so many things in this mod I don't know how to use, and would love to know more about, such as the Ratelo operators.

Every bit of documentation you might need is included with the mod.

RATEL operators in WW4 are useful mostly when you're using Chain of Command Unified Artillery addon - you just need to place "Connect WW4 radios to CoC UA" game logic and they will work with whole system. You can also use some scripts (like Chaos Battlefield Communications) to create more support options and other stuff.

Sorry if this is reviving a dead post, but I'm trying to use ECP+WW4 and WW4EXT. It all seems to be running fine, for the most part, but I am unable to lean or roll. If I'm not mistaken, it is sprint+A/D, correct? Also, I don't suppose any of these replace the units in the campaign and such? I know WW4 and WW4EXT add new Cold War troops, but just seeing if they are supposed to replace the default BI infantry?

That's because both mods use a custom animation. I think there was a ECP+WW4 config maybe. You can't use two mods together that both have a custom BIN folder with configs without doing some editing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh I know, I used the ECP compatibility config that came with WW4, however, I do not think it is up to date, especially when used alongside WW4 Extension? I also took a little look back into the thread and saw default BI units were supposed to be replaced, someone made a fix, apparently, but the mediafire link is dead.

WW4 Extended was never intended to be a replacement mod - WW4 already does it. If your WW4+ECP configuration still uses old BI models, then you either messed something during installation, or you have the mods loading in wrong order - remember to load WW4 (with ECP friendly config) last!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hmm, perhaps I installed something wrong. I'm definitely seeing WW4 assets in the editor (alongside all the Extended factions), and they work as expected when placed (such as WW4 West Army (W)), but it seems units in the campaign and under the basic West\Men in the editor are BI units, is that not how it's supposed to be? I'm also not able to use the animations still, such as the leaning and rolling. I'll reinstall without ECP and see what's what, and thanks for the heads up with load order, I think Arma 3 has spoiled me in regards to load orders and the like. 

EDIT:

Well, I'm at a loss. I reinstalled WW4, started the game with nothing but WW4, and I am unable to use the leaning, and I've also noticed even being able to run or stand with launchers isn't working. Odd, however, is that I'm still seeing the units listed in the editor, but default West\Men and campaign units are still default. Am I missing some prerequisite or something perhaps?

5 hours ago, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

Odd, however, is that I'm still seeing the units listed in the editor, but default West\Men and campaign units are still default.

WW4 (and WW4 Ext) specific units are loaded from addons. But WW4 replacement units (and anims) are loaded from /bin and /dta folders.

It looks to me as if you have those two folders missing in your @ww4mod25 folder. Or... you're loading another mod, taking precedence (-mod=@ww4mod25;@AnotherMod), but as you've explained, this is not a case. I'm kinda at loss, maybe you've got angry anitivirus blocking files in /bin and /dta?

• Thanks 1

I think my install may have been messed up, I reinstalled the entire game and now WW4 works, fortunately! Although I'm still having an issue with getting the WW4 replacement to work with the ECP config, not too sure what's going on in that area. I found this thread: 

File seems gone though, any word on if that fixed config is still floating around? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

I think my install may have been messed up, I reinstalled the entire game and now WW4 works, fortunately! Although I'm still having an issue with getting the WW4 replacement to work with the ECP config, not too sure what's going on in that area. I found this thread: 

File seems gone though, any word on if that fixed config is still floating around? 

Ah hell. I don't think I have that anymore. And I've already forgotten what I did to get ECP and WW4 to work... Only experimenting with that config.cpp file... I'm sure someone else could assist you with that. 

On 5/26/2019 at 1:40 PM, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

Sorry if this is reviving a dead post, but I'm trying to use ECP+WW4 and WW4EXT. It all seems to be running fine, for the most part, but I am unable to lean or roll. If I'm not mistaken, it is sprint+A/D, correct? Also, I don't suppose any of these replace the units in the campaign and such? I know WW4 and WW4EXT add new Cold War troops, but just seeing if they are supposed to replace the default BI infantry?

Hi,

Here is what I did. It might help.

I'll try to explain it from top of my head, so I'm sorry in advance if I'm not exact.

Most of the time I wanted ECP running just with WW4 anims (among other things, obviously). So for that you need certain config file and addons to run it correctly. In base WW4 folder there's folder named 'Extras' (or something along those lines). There you can learn which addons to use when you want vanilla game with WW4 animations (readme file perhaps?). You need at least those in your ECP's addons directory for leaning and rolling to function correctly. Also In that 'Extras' folder you can and need to find the config file which merges WW4 and ECP mods. Use it instead of the original ECP one.

If you want extra factions from WW4, copy the rest of the WW4 addons to your ECP's addons folder.

The config file which merges ECP and WW4 uses vanilla models by default and it is done on purpose. So if you want player models of the base WW4 mod, find changed config on the internet somewhere or open the WW4's original config.cpp in the notepad (maybe) and look for the lines which use "ww4_rpl.pbo" addon (Ctrl + F might help). Copy and overwrite those lines accordingly in your ECP+WW4 config. It should be clear which ones are for infantry.

Always make "backups"!

Adding WW4 Extended content should be the same as for the base WW4. However don't expect all the features of the ECP to work with WW4 Extended units (Dynamic Voices for example). I'm not entirely sure of functionality of this part however. Try it out.

WW4's original replacement units are slightly different (mostly) in colour to the ones contained in WW4 Extended's Cold War plugin. If you want those CW specific ones, I strongly recommend using Extended Effects mod's WW4Ext extra addons instead. They're made exclusively for the base game (for example, M113 from the CW plugin doesn't have the driver-opening-hatch animation etc.). You can find which lines to change in one of the definitions.hpp files included in the base Extended FX mod.

Hopefully this will be of any use to you. Enjoy the results 😉

• Thanks 2

On 6/3/2019 at 11:36 PM, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

I'll see what I can do, delving into the configs. Thanks for the help!

So did you happen to get it working? Thought of going back to the bare bones and trying things out with just this mod, but with my own edits.

Though without using ECP since that causes me to not run missions I'd love to try out (Abandoned Armies for example).