Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.5

Hi,

Great mod, I have to say. We found this just lately. Mostly have been playing ECP now, but found your mod and really love the new animations! Extends the experience a lot. Thank you for providing instructions for ECP integration. I just had one problem. I'm hoping to get this working with our dedi-server that now runs ECP. I installed it the same way as I did on my "gaming rig", but the server doesn't start. Something about "pre-processor fail, config.cpp..." Replacing config.cpp you provided with original ECP config.cpp starts the server, but then ofcourse you have other problems.

So if you have any idea, I would really appreciate it. Am I doing something really stupid possibly?

Anyway, thanks again! Great mod!

KK

FDFk

@sancutary

how can i set group formation to ofp formation?

I don't understand the question ? The groups are all available in the mission editor.

Hi,

Great mod, I have to say. We found this just lately. Mostly have been playing ECP now, but found your mod and really love the new animations! Extends the experience a lot. Thank you for providing instructions for ECP integration. I just had one problem. I'm hoping to get this working with our dedi-server that now runs ECP. I installed it the same way as I did on my "gaming rig", but the server doesn't start. Something about "pre-processor fail, config.cpp..." Replacing config.cpp you provided with original ECP config.cpp starts the server, but then ofcourse you have other problems.

So if you have any idea, I would really appreciate it. Am I doing something really stupid possibly?

Anyway, thanks again! Great mod!

KK

FDFk

Have you been able to run ECP successfully on your dedicaced server before ?

Check if you have every needed file, and very important that you have NOT renamed the @ECP folder, renaming the @ECP folder will lead the ECP functions and scripts to not being able to locate their own asset correctly.

And in case everything is setup correctly, it could be one of the linux+dedicaced problem with mods, there's a possible solution that worked for other mods and could do with ECP :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125581-ofp-ww4

I don't understand the question ? The groups are all available in the mission editor.

He probably means the distance of the units in WW4 formations, which are bigger than the default OFP ones.

If it's the case, it's in the main config, find :

class Man:Land

Scroll down a bit and change

formationX=10;
	formationZ=10;

into

formationX=5;
	formationZ=5;

If it's the case, it's in the main config, find :

class Man:Land

Scroll down a bit and change

formationX=10;
       formationZ=10;

into

formationX=5;
       formationZ=5;

thanks

one more help

can i use your config as a mod?

Yes, you can use everything you want from ww4 in your mod.

Have you been able to run ECP successfully on your dedicaced server before ?

Check if you have every needed file, and very important that you have NOT renamed the @ECP folder, renaming the @ECP folder will lead the ECP functions and scripts to not being able to locate their own asset correctly.

And in case everything is setup correctly, it could be one of the linux+dedicaced problem with mods, there's a possible solution that worked for other mods and could do with ECP :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125581-ofp-ww4

Hi,

I had everything done correct way, but it crashed. But maybe this can be of some help for someone else: My friend installed this on our Linux server and what he did, he also copied the config.cpp and resource.cpp to Operation Flashpoint directory (to the root of OFP). That way he reported me, that everything works now just great!

So, waiting to get playing your great mod soon! :P

KK/FDFk

Hi,

I've just posted a function that allows quickly re-equip weapons for WW4 units. Hopefully this will help others that want to change the default loadout of, say, western infantry from M16 to M4. It can also reequip (or deequip) HD ammo and give them NV goggles.

I thought someone around here would find all this useful. More info here.

Sanc,

since 7 months we re playing WW4mod v2.5, daily on our server and before on test server.

lot of missions made and/or converted to LOL server.

mod is awesome, weaps, units, islands....

im discussed many times with players they are love this mod. i inserted to ww2/nam addonpacks too,

so both of LOL servers are using this awesome movements.

the most liked feature -after AIs behaviour- is the small lift with SHIFT+S when u are on ground.

let me summarize what need change in next version if possible please (suggested by players and i agree):

-the BTR. (extreme strong, sometimes nading us with one shot from horizont before noticed its there)

-can u change the speed of lie movement? its looks extreme slow to me (maybe its normal, but the enemies are pretty hard, so need a bit faster :) )

-BRDM gunner is out of vehicle but hes unvulnerable.

-more vehicles and aircrafts(!)

thanks for ur work again

BRDM gunner is out of vehicle but hes unvulnerable.

That's a bug i fixed long time ago, are you sure you're using the latest version of the files ?

It's possible i didn't released the correct files then if you're using the latest version.

I just checked on my version and i snipe the BRDM gunner everytime without a problem.

Here's the ww4_veh.pbo and ww4_veh_cfg.pbo i have , see if they're the same as yours.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g6857l

If they're not the same, use those files on server and clients.

So this way in case i released wrong version long time ago, these one are the latest (and BRDM gunner dies).

I will see with the BTR (the AAVP and ACVE should be as strong)

On our CTI WW4 server we have problem with mines.

Sometimes they explode all on entire island in one moment without a reason (no tanks near).

We placing mines in towns (near flag, or at the roads to towns) to prevent retake them by RES tanks.

I noticed they explode more often and sooner when more mines is puted.

Sometimes mine exploding immediately (when puted) killing player.

On server is installed full WW4 mod but we using only animations, so players need only ww4bis25 and CTImod (irParaZ)

P.S. Sorry for my very bad english ;)

On server is installed full WW4 mod but we using only animations, so players need only ww4bis25

What do you mean by "we using only animations" if you have the full ww4mod running on your server ?

To have the players using ww4bis25 , it is not the full ww4 mod you need to run, you need to run on the server the ww4bis25 mod too.

the full ww4 mod and the ww4bis25 are not exactly compatible, having different config

Maybe that's the source of the problem as i have not modified the mines.

Hello Sanctuary,

May I ask you what animating programs did you use for creating ww4mod25 animations?

Did you use any more programs besides OFPanim and RtmToolBox?

Icarus :confused:

Sadly not, OFPAnim and RTMToolbox were all i could use.

Now if you're using 3DSMax or Maya, there are some plugins allowing you to animate with them.

But if you don't, you'll need to get through the headache-inducing (and rather limited) OFPAnim to animate anything.

I wish there was a RTM plugin for Blender, so easy to animate something in that program.

Thank you for reply Sanctuary,

I do not own 3DSMax or Maya, so I am stuck with OFPAnim and RtmTooBox too :(

By the way have you seen GMax program (http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax)

it seems to be a free alternative to 3DSMax or am I mistaken?

Thank you for reply Sanctuary,

I do not own 3DSMax or Maya, so I am stuck with OFPAnim and RtmTooBox too :(

By the way have you seen GMax program (http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax)

it seems to be a free alternative to 3DSMax or am I mistaken?

GMAX used to be a sort of demo version for the real (full) 3DS MAX. It's development was discontinued years ago. Not sure if it would work for animating, seeing as it's feature-limited.

I just remembered, there was a free version of Maya , Maya PLE , with some limitation obviously in comparison to the full application.

Someone ported the RTM plugin that was only for Maya to that Maya PLE.

I never used Maya PLE so i can't help on this (and i'm too much involved with Blender to start thinking about learning a whole new application), but could be a nicer alternative to OFPAnim, as from what i heard it's much easier than OFPAnim to animate something in Maya too.

MayaPLE is discontinued, only 30day trial remains :mad:

Icarus :(

Edit: 3DSMax plugin for .rtm files seems to be working, I only have problems importing .p3d files to Gmax (gmax is a special version of 3ds max 4)

Edited by Icarus

Too bad, it would have been a good alternative.

I noticed on the Gmax wikipedia entry :

basic animation rigging and keyframing capabilities

Not sure the 3DSMax version of the plugin would still work on the stripped down version of it that is Gmax. Though it's worth a try.

Your modder ressource mirrors seem to be down again. Could you reupload them again, please? After downloading them, I could upload them on OFPR.info for a permanent mirror.

Even the mediafire links are dead !

First time i see a mediafire link going down that "quickly" (relatively speaking) , they must have changed their policy somewhere.

Will take a few days before i can re-upload, for when my connection will be a bit less dodgy.

Hey Sanc,

Havent been on the forums for awhile, nor OFP but I check in every now and then to see how this mod is coming along. I was just wondering what your plans were for the newest version of WW4, etc.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

This mod is a work of art, I'm trying to use this mod for a small ofp movie.

Got one question, how can I make the AI play custom animations? Like the mover over obstacle animation (shift+s when standing)? Thank you!

Thanks

I re-uploaded the Modder Ressources on a mirrorcreator link, but as always no idea how much time they'll stay up so if you need them, get them without waiting months before doing it.

On the ww4 status, currently the ww4 mod is on hiatus until i'm motivated enough again to complete everything that is stalled (vehicles to complete, patches to finish etc...) and i am finished with other matters i attend to and takes priority.

For the animations, you can use animation with a playMove, you can use such command in a script or a waypoint by example.

The animations classnames for that are :

MoveOver

MoveOver2

MoveOverC1

MoveOverRifle

MoveOverCivil

MoveOverHandGun

MoveOverP1

MoveOverCP1

I don't remember which one is which, but most are the same animation , just used depending on the presence of a handgun, or a rifle, or a lack of them, or if they're on back.

Some are the climbing animation, you'll have to try the playmove yourself to see which one is the one you want.