Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.5

WW4 MODPACK 2.5 RELEASE

compatible both Operation Flashpoint 1.96 and Cold War Assault 1.99

ModDB page of the mod

gNSMk.jpg

With a bit more of a week in advance as i worked quicker than i planned in the end , i'm happy to deliver this new release.

Download links (more to come)

--------------

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/AVLIBELN/ww4mod25rel.rar_links

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/ww4mod25rel.rar (thanks to Rellikki)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sanctuary1/downloads/ww4-modpack-25

roughly a 116mb download

*NEW*

WW4 2.5 Patch 1 (require the WW4 Modpack 2.5)

Download Links

--------------

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/RVW7M3SZ/WW425patch1.rar_links

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sanctuary1/downloads/ww4-modpack-25-patch-1

roughly a 12mb download

*NEW*

Xenobite kindly created an installer for his WW4 Extended mod that can install WW4 Modpack 2.5 + Patch 1 :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154829-WW4-EXTENDED-Unofficial-expansion-for-WW4-2-5&p=2945886&viewfull=1#post2945886

(would appreciate the help in setting more mirrors)

Patch 1 improvement :

-fixed : WW4 West Recon troops have their complete wound texture now

-fixed : the turret of the WW4 West HMMWV in 1st person view is now turning correctly

-fixed : the East WW4 Armor BTR999 floats a bit higher on water to prevent nearly invincibility against missiles

-fixed : the strange bug that made the M202A1 flash launcher to crash when firing for some people

-added : a rocket launcher version of the M202A1 (West -> Men -> Flash Grenadier 2 )

-fixed : the Javelin/Vympel/SMAW left a wrong model for when you put down a missile, went back to default OFP model

-fixed : the AN-94+PSO had a very badly defined firemode that was crashing the game when switching to it.

-modified : increased every bullets damage by 0.5, it's a subtle change so the impact is not too much on the WW4 type of gameplay i want, but it allows some more balancing with the armor system.

-added : Ammo crates for West, East and Everon weapons, available in Empty -> WW4 Ammo

-modified : WW4 Cars use now the same machinegun as the WW4 Armors

-fixed : wrong unitinfotype for the WW4 BRDM that was not displaying the ammo count

Featuring too much for me to remember, i blame old age.

Very lots of bugfixes too.

Having played it with some friends online, it's very stable and multiplayer-friendly.

In this package :

-the WW4 Modpack 2.5 , compatible with both Operation Flashpoint 1.96 and Cold War Assault 1.99, read the instructions included

-A WW4 2.5 + ECP version of the config (require to have ECP and you should get the patch for it too), read the instructions included

-A WW425BIS mini-mod featuring a normal OFP/CWA config with only the WW4 animations and required file to support them, read the instructions included

-A version of the config that has the radio voice enabled, read the instructions included

Gameplay :

--While Standing with your rifle aiming, leave TURBO key pressed and press MOVE LEFT or MOVE RIGHT to LEAN to the right or the left.

--While Kneeling with your rifle aiming, leave TURBO key pressed and press MOVE LEFT or MOVE RIGHT to LEAN to the right or the left.

--While being Prone with your rifle, leave TURBO key pressed and press MOVE LEFT or MOVE RIGHT to ROLL to the right or the left.

Works for when you have a pistol too.

--When you are running or sprinting, by default you have the weapon low, but "tap" the FIRE button of your mouse and you'll move your weapon up allowing you to shoot while running and sprinting.

Notice that shooting while running obviously lack of precision as you can imagine, and shooting while sprinting would need an insane amount of luck to land any kind of hit.

--When you shoulder an AT launcher, note that you can walk, run and sprint, unlike with the default anims that have you stuck with walking only.

But i have not found any ways to configure kneeling and going prone with the AT shoulder like you do with rifle and handguns.

--But you can do it, when you are not moving and have the AT weapon shouldered, leave the TURBO key pressed and press the MOVE BACK key, your soldier will go prone.

--Now when you have the AT weapon shouldered, first press whatever key that switch your speed to WALK, then press MOVE BACK key and you will kneel with the AT weapon.

--To move over an obstacle like a fence, put your rifle or handgun on back and leave the TURBO key pressed while pressing the MOVE BACK key.

Your soldier will move over the obstacle.

-- When your soldier is laying on the ground behind a roof cover or a hill top, you can press the TURBO key and MOVE back key to elevate your aim a bit to shoot from a bit higher instead of having to crouch

Note : the "Turbo" key is this one in the main menu -> Options -> Controls :

JDrhF.jpg

Now make missions, share them, edit whatever you want of the mod and most importantly, enjoy and have fun with this release.

Edited by Sanctuary
  • Like 1

Yes! Downloading right now :yay:

I expected release when I spotted today that thread about ww4 2.1 is closed :p

Thank You Sanc

Bielow

Nice job. Also a big thank you for the new rocket launchers. Until now I've had to use external addons like JAM to have some, but now I don't need it anymore.

Some bugs I noticed:

On the 1st person view the gunner's hatch doesn't fully rotate on the new Hummers as it does on the 3rd person view.

I also noticed that Everon and West army crewmen and pilots have different vests than the other units of the same factions.

The M235 rocket launcher crashes the game every time it's fired.

Edited by Rellikki

thanks Sanct!

times to prepare our LOLextras3 addonpack incl. WW4 2.5

downloading... ... ...

thank you !

downloading

recently i play with my friends Arma:CWA

and we use this mod, ecp and some islands i downloaded in diferent sites

and i do the missions for my friends

thanks Sanctuary

Thanks guys

Some bugs I noticed:

On the 1st person view the gunner's hatch doesn't fully rotate on the new Hummers as it does on the 3rd person view.

I also noticed that Everon and West army crewmen and pilots have different vests than the other units of the same factions.

The M235 rocket launcher crashes the game every time it's fired.

-bug 1 : argh, i fixed that yesterday on the resolution lods that had been affected since i reworked the model, but completely forgot to check the lod.

Fortunately it will be an easy fix, i wish i had noticed in my bug hunting nights before release.

Will wait a few days to collect bugs report i have missed in my tests before releasing a patch.

-bug 2 : that's not a bug, i just re-used an existing texture (already used by the BIS replacement pilots and crew that featured body armor and crew/pilot headgear parts) to avoid having to create a whole new texture and have it loaded in memory in the same time as a texture that will already be in memory.

-bug 3 : this must be the most un-understandable problem i ever faced.

The West -> Men -> Flash Grenadier has now a weapon using only .wss sounds, the scripts are much less ressource intensive than before and i shot this weapon thousand of time in the last month and never observed any kind of crash.

I really wonder why this is happening, anyone has an idea because i'm completely puzzled ?

Meanwhile, i suggest to people to remove the DMA_Flash.pbo from the addon folder.

Considering that's not the first time i read about someone crashing their game while i have no such problem, for the future WW4 3.0 i will not include it.

Unless someone can help to find the exact reason of why this addon is crashing for some people and not for other.

this must be the most un-understandable problem i ever faced.

The West -> Men -> Flash Grenadier has now a weapon using only .wss sounds, the scripts are much less ressource intensive than before and i shot this weapon thousand of time in the last month and never observed any kind of crash.

I really wonder why this is happening, anyone has an idea because i'm completely puzzled ?

Meanwhile, i suggest to people to remove the DMA_Flash.pbo from the addon folder.

Considering that's not the first time i read about someone crashing their game while i have no such problem, for the future WW4 3.0 i will not include it.

Unless someone can help to find the exact reason of why this addon is crashing for some people and not for other.

Is the DMA Invisible Fire object under Empty -> Objects somehow related to the rocket launcher? Because whatever it is, once it's lit on fire, it also crashes the game.

That DMA Invisible Fire object only come with the DMA_Flash.pbo, it's attached by script to the missile to make light at night (because the "missile" is in fact a grenade and so do not provide the light a missile exhaust should).

So this is what crash your game, i really wonder why, as it's only a child class from the camp Fire object that you can light in default OFP, with the difference being that its smoke is configured to not make .. smoke.

Now what is strange is that WW4 the mod have (in the ww4_helper.pbo) a WW4_LIGHTDES object that is similar, it is created when a vehicle is destroyed, that i use to provide the light of the vehicle being burning.

Do you crash after destroying a vehicle and watching it burn ?

hi,

I was waiting for this release nice job.

the scripts are much less ressource intensive than before and i shot this weapon thousand of time in the last month and never observed any kind of crash.

I can have a look in the scripts (if it is the cause of crash).

cya.

Nikiller.

Thanks NiKiller, it would be helpfull if the source of the crash is not the fire object.

@Rellikki

Can you please try this version of the DMA_Flash.pbo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pfzpj8

I have reconfigured the fire object to the exact same values as the fire object i use in WW4 burning scripts.

It does not look as nice at night, but if it works for you, that's going on my hotfix list instead of just recommending to remove the pbo

@Rellikki

Can you please try this version of the DMA_Flash.pbo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pfzpj8

I have reconfigured the fire object to the exact same values as the fire object i use in WW4 burning scripts.

It does not look as nice at night, but if it works for you, that's going on my hotfix list instead of just recommending to remove the pbo

This version seems to work perfectly. I had a whole squad with those rocket launchers shooting at tanks and didn't seem to experience any problems.

Excellent, could this year old puzzling problem be finally solved for everyone ?

I sure hope so :D

Though i really wonder why it worked for some people and not for everyone.

It will be included on the hotfix patch (with the hummer turret in 1st person) i should release tomorrow, waiting to see if some new bugs are going to appear meanwhile.

hi,

ok, I had a look to your initflash.sqs script and it seems to be the nearestObject command used in a fast (<0.5 sec) and long loop who is problematic. I allready saw this issue in [LOL] MP missions before. This command used in a fast loop randomly crash clients and sometimes the server. Some clients never crash and some other crash very often. We didn't found what was the reason since it is very hard to reproduce reliably.

BTW I didn't crash when firing the weapon then it will be hard for me to see what really happens.

This kind of bug is pretty iritating, I hope you can fix it.

cya.

Nikiller.

I think i'll try to make a non scripted version configured as a regular launcher instead of a rifle.

It will lose the nice ballistic shots allowed by configuring it as a grenade launcher, but there will be no need of nearest commands and other scripts to disguise the grenade as a missile.

Though there will be no workaround for the burning of the explosion of the flash missile, it will be just a regular one.

I'll let the version as a rifle though, in case changing the fire object fixed fully the crash.

(oh and improved the btr floating line by removing some of its weigth from 23000 to 21000)

Edited by Sanctuary

I am wondering, would it be possible for you to write down a text. file with just the new CfgMovesMC section so we could copy it over any mod?

Perhaps I am just not skilled enough with the magic called config writing but whenever I try to copy the whole big-ass section myself I always fail. :(

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Open the config.cpp with your favorite text editor

Search for CfgMovesMC

When found, Left Click there once :

C0nTU.jpg

Now scroll down until you're at the end of the whole class, on your keyboard leave the SHIFT key pressed and Left Click once there, just before Class CfgAmmo :

mr9jj.jpg

It will have selected the whole class CfgMovesMc

Now press CTRL+C (or on your text editor menu Edit -> Copy)

And go paste this on a text file with CTRL+V (or your text editor Edit -> Paste)

the irregular headgear for the force recon is an excellent idea. they could be pretending to get a drink or something at a store and end up dragging someone out. lol :)