Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

MRAP - RG31 Mk5

Good screen Nordin, wold be good to have this mrap with TOW too, its be very useful! Guys, make it too, please :)

Any updates?

Please do not bump threads asking for updates. Asking for updates is considered spam and we do not like spam here:

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Just in case everyone thought this was dead in the water, I'm happy to tell you that it isn't!

Things are progressing, albeit very slowly. The RG31 model itself is 99.99999% complete and in the capable hands of the Stiltman. The only thing I have to do is change one tiny sign (the sign on the door reads: Caution - Any children left unattended will be sold to the circus. I've contacted BAE and they've told me what it should say, so I'll be fixing that asap).

Unfortunately. Stiltman has a fair bit of work to do before we can test it properly. He's doing as much as he can, when he can, but he's got to fit it all in between work, family and all that kinda stuff. You'll be pleased to know that we are in the final stages of this project now.

In fact, because I've got nothing to make now (apart from the new weapons and additions we've planned) I decided to start on the next project. I've only been working on this for about a week now, so I really haven't done enough to warrant starting a new thread for it. But to let you guys know that we're not slacking off, and as an apology for the lack of information recently, here are a few pictures:

RG33L Category II base

RG33L_wip_201.jpg

RG33L_wip_203.jpg

RG33L_wip_202.jpg

RG33 SOCOM AUV

RG33L_wip_204.jpg

RG33L_wip_205.jpg

(I'll make a new thread for this/these once I've made the models look better. At the moment, they're taking shape but they're a long way from being ready)

Thanks for everyone's support with the RG31.

I sound like a broken record now but we really do appreciate everyone's patience with this project.

We really want to deliver something that'll be worth the wait, and hopefully you guys won't be disappointed.

HO-LEE-COW!!!!!!!!!!!!:D SPEECH-LESS!

I just fell off my chair!

ExA - kind sir, will these trucks also be for the A1 plebeians - or is that pushing the friendship? / These 6x6 MRAPs are just an A2 release?

HO-LEE-COW!!!!!!!!!!!!:D SPEECH-LESS!

I just fell off my chair!

ExA - kind sir, will these trucks also be for the A1 plebeians - or is that pushing the friendship? / These 6x6 MRAPs are just an A2 release?

lol thanks, Stewy. We'll be making these for ArmA1 too, don't worry :)

Lovely stuff. I have to admit that lurking on these forums since I turned my back on ArmA modding, your work really brought the spark back into modding for me. Nice to have a challenge/high bar in terms of quality :)

Amazing work. Definitely looking forward to playing with these on some Afghan maps when they are released.

Amazing, impressive, lovely...ok ok, I will now shut up and patiently wait for release. :D

Just a quick update.

We're drip-feeding the finished RG31 to a small group of beta testers at the moment. We'll be doing a bigger test in a few weeks but the ball is finally rolling. Keep an eye on this thread as we've asked everyone to upload any pics or videos they take.

Thanks again for all the support. Sorry it's taken so long but we're in the final stages now.

Very happy to read this!

and looking so much forward to the vids'n'pics, and of course, your addons themselves :D

your textures are looking really muddy with the dirt spread out randomly, also there doesnt seem to be much damage as in scrapes and stuff. I do like the detail you've put into your modeling though.

@Porter707 : really good picture but i have 2 questions : what are these weapons and what is the unit ? i really like them

hum that's not the MK 18 pack i have it and i don't found any m4 or mk18 with an elcan on it

@Porter707 : really good picture but i have 2 questions : what are these weapons and what is the unit ? i really like them

Units are the SF Temp Pack which can be found Here, the Weapon pack is currently a Squad only addon. We're currently working on a pack to be publicly released.

hum that's not the MK 18 pack i have it and i don't found any m4 or mk18 with an elcan on it

Yeah, now looking at it its part of the gun, First time looking at it I thought it was somthing on the truck, in my defense though that looks just like one of Robert Hammers MK18's lol. Is it a Dimeco m4 varient (not sure the name) with a short barrel? I remember seeing somthing like that on armaholic that was WIP. And as for those units, looking closer they are indeed Temp SF and not TF86 SEAL's. I realy need to look closer at these pictures before I post lol.

np ahah but i think that's the M4 sopmod like the one of the marines recon forces (they have exactly the same weapon without the iron sight) anyway nice MRAP i want to test it with some ied :p