Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Last sitrep is out.

Now, we'll have a sitrep only every 2 weeks instead of every week. :(

Last sitrep is out.

Now, we'll have a sitrep only every 2 weeks instead of every week. :(

Its good. Means more meaningful info per sitrep, because there isn't enough info to justify having one a week apart anymore.

• Like 2

Its good. Means more meaningful info per sitrep, because there isn't enough info to justify having one a week apart anymore.

I hope you are right.

Because I see less and less random devs posts popping up, and sitreps seem last information

outlet on what is going on in the inside.

In fact SITREPs are sometime less relevant than now, especially between major releases. When they can't speak about what they're working on, and didn't announce anything in the week before a SITREP, we only have a few lines to read, or only community focus or sales announcements. Example.

They probably won't change existing maps, it could break too many community scenarios.

They could release a "waterway edition" of Tanoa. Like Chernarus+ would never replace the old Chernarus but be another island.

Last sitrep is up and we have more infos about Tac Ops.

- 3 missions

- 8 hours of playtime depending of the difficulty setting and the way you play

- replay possibility

- switch the point of view

- no new asset

- no new feature

What do you thibk about it?

9 minutes ago, wiki said:

- 3 missions

- replay possibility

I feel a little crushed

*does not include new assets or platform features*

:(

• Like 1

three distinct singleplayer military operations, and will offer at least 8+ hours of playtime

Literally, "At least" should mean +8 hrs playing at lowest difficulty. What really means, who knows.

Playing from another unit's perspective, various (optional) objectives, and completing, failing, or ignoring these will influence the outcome of the wider operation

Randomness is the key thing today. Random patrols, places, enemy settlements, starting points ... not sure if all the above will match this pattern. I think the failure could come from this point.

Tac-Ops Mission Pack does not include new assets or platform features

OK. Not strictly needed for good, long, complex missions.

Designers are working hard on finishing all of the 'operations', while the recording of Tac-Ops' supporting voice-acting is currently in progress at our Mnisek studio.

Good and necessary radio chat is always appreciated, BI knows how to do this properly. I hope they have not wasted time and resources with menus, animations, videos, experimental mechanics or such things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wiki said:

- 3 missions

- replay possibility

- no new asset

- no new feature

- 3 missions - THAT'S OK IF THEY HEAVILY INVOLVE INTELLIGENT RANDOMNESS

- 8 hours of playtime depending of the difficulty setting and the way you play - FINE AS WELL

- replay possibility - GOOD

- switch the point of view - NO IDEA

- no new asset - BAD. ESPECIALLY AFTER THE NON-MILITARY ASSET HEAVY PEACEKEEPER DLC.

- no new feature - ITS LIKE THEY HAVE ABANDONED ARMA3 CORE PHILOSOPHY HERE - ENGINES FEATURES WERE THE BIGGEST POINT OF NEW RELEASES AS THEY IMPROVED THE GAME AS A WHOLE.

And no co-op? That's pretty disappointing as playing with mates is what keeps this game alive for so many.

Looking at this is seems BIS might have given up on Arma 3 (tired of it, maybe regard it as having been milked to max commerically) and ready to move on to the next big thing or another genre which seems to be coming across as far as their content and business decisions.

3 hours ago, wiki said:

- 3 missions

- replay possibility

- no new asset

- no new feature

Plenty of marketing. Nothing useful.

BI have taken some heat in these forums for the lack of SP missions. While I personnly don’t spend much time in SP, it’s nice to see a segment of the community getting something.

However, I was hoping the squad radar would make its vanilla appearance with this DLC.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

BI have taken some heat in these forums for the lack of SP missions. While I personnly don’t spend much time in SP, it’s nice to see a segment of the community getting something.

However, I was hoping the squad radar would make its vanilla appearance with this DLC.

I'm glad to see some more SP content.

Just waiting to see how it's done, but I find only 3 missions kind of short.

Concerning the squad rader, though it can be useful, I don't find it realistic, so I don't mind if it's not there.

• Like 1

I am surprised to see no new content / features.

(was hoping for improved high command or close quarter battle)

But:

As I am mostly playing single player, good crafted SP missions with high re-playability would be very nice indeed!

We still get new features with the tank-DLC

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cas said:

I am surprised to see no new content / features.

(was hoping for improved high command or close quarter battle)

I expected a couple of new vehicles or weapons too - though I'm not that disappointed about it.

I didn't expected anything about the CQB however, in the current state it's quite impossible to have the AI handle it.

Can't say I'm not slightly disappointed by the lack of new assets but more SP content? Yes please!

Given what we got with Remnants of War, I've got some high expectations for Tac-Ops. But the whole focus on "replayability" and randomness does make me kind of worried though. I just hope that the missions will not turn out to be nothing more than glorified Arma 2 Sec Ops module-style missions...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wiki said:

I expected a couple of new vehicles or weapons too - though I'm not that disappointed about it.

I didn't expected anything about the CQB however, in the current state it's quite impossible to have the AI handle it.

Same here. Was actually hoping for a map built purely for CQB with high density objects and windows, building positions streamlined for AI.

Of course new assets are always good, but folks tend to forget the amount of extra work involved.

Just more singleplayer content, nothing else. No new features and assets-- this is exactly what I have suggested a couple years ago. So yeah, BI listened and it's awesome.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lexx said:

Of course new assets are always good, but folks tend to forget the amount of extra work involved.

Just more singleplayer content, nothing else. No new features and assets-- this is exactly what I have suggested a couple years ago. So yeah, BI listened and it's awesome.

Ahah, as BIS seems to listen to you, you may wanna suggest a couple more missions for Tac-Ops ^^

• Like 1