Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Think thats an engine limitation, somthing alot of us have wanted since maybe Armed Assault

RHS have already done that with C-130, it works without buttons, just drive in and stop, you can get out or even sit inside during flight and drop, also you can walk inside of the plane

• Like 1

Don't know. Got a feeling that it will be more like "drive close, chose option from the action menu, vehicle gets teleported inside". Ofc I'll be happy if proven wrong here.

Don't know. Got a feeling that it will be more like "drive close, chose option from the action menu, vehicle gets teleported inside". Ofc I'll be happy if proven wrong here.

Ehhh, so long as we're able to get the option after having driven inside then I'll chalk it up to "secure vehicle = tying down the vehicle".

Well, the description on the Apex page states "fitting vehicle, inside larger vehicle", implying it's not specific for the VTOL, at least based on context, but we all know how far context goes when paired with perspective. Really got my fingers crossed for a seamless experience, player wise. Since the AI can do it too, it's anyone's guess at this point.

I remember having the ability to put vehicles inside the C130 in Arrowhead. It was limited but definitely allowed airdropping those vehicles.

Apex drops July 11th.

Content package coming through the pipeline, destination, dev Branch, Secret Sneak Peak Branch?

release date 11th of july!!!

I think it is time to come back to the OFP/ARMA Series.

The APEX Edition looks like a good deal to start with A3.

MfG L.E.

In the last OPREP

For example, one mission in Apex Protocol originally featured NATO's new V-44 X Blackfish VTOL quite heavily, but it had to be reworked as various unforeseen circumstances resulted in the asset not being ready in time for us to release the campaign along-side the rest of Apex, avoiding the episodic, post-release method we employed with The East Wind.

So, can we expect new SP oriented missions in the future? Along with the updates?

• Like 2

For example, one mission in Apex Protocol originally featured NATO's new V-44 X Blackfish VTOL quite heavily, but it had to be reworked as various unforeseen circumstances resulted in the asset not being ready in time for us to release the campaign along-side the rest of Apex, avoiding the episodic, post-release method we employed with The East Wind.

The first underlined words seems to mean that it has already been reworked, so it's probably one of the missions available now.

The second underlined words seems to mean that they precisely don't want to release new missions of Apex campaign latter.

Yes I know.
I was talking about SP missions/showcases.

An answer from BIS would be appreciated ^_^

God damn. Here I thought there are new news and then it's but a spam bot.

do be fair, you're not helping that much either. Now the new post just brought more attention to virtually no reveals. Though, that final Dev Blog is a long time coming. Also, i'm pretty sure we'll never see (Vanilla) Naval assets in Arma 3's lifetime. They're pretty much just bug fixing, while i think their resources are being transitioned to DayZ development.

They're pretty much just bug fixing, while i think their resources are being transitioned to DayZ development.

Can you elaborate on how you came to this conclusion?

The release of Apex was only a few months ago and entailed a lot of new issues for the devs to fix. In addition to the demands to fix this or that issue made daily on these forums.

So it is kind of natural to have a "slower" period, although they still managed to pull of some nice feature additions to EDEN.

Does not really look like they start "abandoning" A3 to be honest. We will know more when we finally get a glimpse at the next road map but for the moment this kind of seems exaggerated in my opinion.

Concerning naval assets, I would also BIS to embrace their diving/swimming feature a little more. It seems to be tacked on and is not really useable for long missions (equipment constraints due to the rebreather, slow speed of submersibles etc.). Would love to see a naval asset which can be used as a small base of operations out on the sea but do not have the feeling we will get it anytime soon. ;)

Can you elaborate on how you came to this conclusion?

The release of Apex was only a few months ago and entailed a lot of new issues for the devs to fix. In addition to the demands to fix this or that issue made daily on these forums.

So it is kind of natural to have a "slower" period, although they still managed to pull of some nice feature additions to EDEN.

Does not really look like they start "abandoning" A3 to be honest. We will know more when we finally get a glimpse at the next road map but for the moment this kind of seems exaggerated in my opinion.

Concerning naval assets, I would also BIS to embrace their diving/swimming feature a little more. It seems to be tacked on and is not really useable for long missions (equipment constraints due to the rebreather, slow speed of submersibles etc.). Would love to see a naval asset which can be used as a small base of operations out on the sea but do not have the feeling we will get it anytime soon. ;)

perhaps slight exaggerated, but not a baseless concern. I mean, not that i'm concerned of the migration, i'm excited to see more progress with Enfusion, but idk... Arma 3 has calmed really. Not a lot going on, which is ok, but it's pretty much the same old, even with VTOL's and SLV's added, i've noticed rarely anyone uses the VVT transport versions in their servers oddly enough. Gunships are straight forward, pretty much like faster Attack Helo's, it's cool but not new in terms of gameplay. I'm loving the new updates to things like Eden though, i've noticed the massive increase in detailed set ups in certain game modes with the environment looking more detailed with items and immersion. But i can just feel that with only bug fixes on BI's Agenda, it's quite clear they're likely to move over to the DayZ team soon as that's pretty much their future.

Though yeah, i'm interested in seeing the final Road Map, but i expect to see not much than what we already know being on it. No new surprises or announcements, but recaps, and a pivot of focus to their future engine, maybe a few details of planned features Pre-APEX that didn't make it, and why, things like that.

plenty of new exciting things are happening behind the curtains. We can't wait to start sharing bits of Intel in the upcoming weeks.

I just hope the "provide informations system" will work better than the one with Apex :(

Any ETA on the release of Apex assests ? myself and so many terrain builders are waiting patiently :)

• Like 2

^ I doubt they'll be decrypting the Apex assets until the Samples get released first. And the last time anything official about their ETA was about a month ago along the lines of "These are still not ready to be released in the near future".

So unfortunately it looks like we'll probably have to wait until November or December before anything gets unlocked.  :(

So unfortunately it looks like we'll probably have to wait until November or December before anything gets unlocked.  :(

That's fine and i know some objects are still being tweaked but perhaps trees, bushes, rocks and clutter could be released though, gives us a head start ... fingers crossed.

• Like 1

"...platform improvements and content additions... we intend on sharing this Intel with you in the upcoming week."

From today's SITREP. OwO

Finally!

Great news!

Looking forward to what that is ^_^

Dunno what platform improvement means.

I reckon (hope) more game mechanics additions like FFV or VIVT. Although I really don't know what they're going to come up with this time! ^^