Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

It's just the skin I don't like, I find it weird - just like the OPFOR attack chopper.

Moreover, I find the cockpit weird compared to the rest of the plane.

Can't explain why, but I feel something wrong with that plane.

You have a point there that the cockpit is sort of huge, this is because the model is based on the yak-130 training jet, this jet has two seats in it. I believe the yak-135 is a variation with single seat.

Isn't the Steam popup just something like "Your friend XY is now playing game YZ"? I don't know why everybody is jumping to the conclusion of achievements. Maybe I didn't look close enough.

Isn't the Steam popup just something like "Your friend XY is now playing game YZ"? I don't know why everybody is jumping to the conclusion of achievements. Maybe I didn't look close enough.

Nope, those are achievements.

Those messages are mostly in green, achievements in white, as in the video.

6dLeGXk.jpg

Edited by CaptainObvious
Minor details ;D

Those messages are written in green, achievements in white, as in the video.

Not true. Avatars and player names are colored either blue or green, depending on that players status (green = ingame, blue = online, but not playing), other things are plain white (chat text, announcements, misc notifications, achievements).

Simply looking at the video shows that it's an achievement, no need for silly speculation.

TsBFAE3.png

First line is "Achievement Unlocked!", and I couldn't tell what the name of it is. "S..... < I'm out of here"

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Not true. Avatars and player names are colored either blue or green, depending on that players status (green = ingame, blue = online, but not playing), other things are plain white (chat text, announcements, misc notifications, achievements).

Simply looking at the video shows that it's an achievement, no need for silly speculation.

http://i.imgur.com/TsBFAE3.png

First line is "Achievement Unlocked!", and I couldn't tell what the name of it is. "S..... < I'm out of here"

Well, either way, it doesn't look like Arma 3, so it's really a moot point.

Well, either way, it doesn't look like Arma 3, so it's really a moot point.

What doesn't look like Arma 3? The image in my post? It's been lifted straight from the Eurogamer video where they are playing Arma 3.

So what if ArmA III is going to have Achievements, big whoop. They don't mean anything anyway, except for the fact that they might show someone is dedicated to the game, or (sadly) cares about achievements.

So what if ArmA III is going to have Achievements, big whoop. They don't mean anything anyway, except for the fact that they might show someone is dedicated to the game, or (sadly) cares about achievements.
Pretty much -- and as the COD series has demonstrated, "SP/COOP-only achievements with no TvT achievements at all" is one way to go here.

Incidentally, SITREP #00045 is up, so here are some highlights:

• ETA for the next stable branch patch is next week
  • ETA for WIN is late March, currently the voice acting for it is being recorded
  • one of the new radio protocols (voices) meant for WIN is live on dev branch, the other will appear at some point before WIN's release
  • The new CSAT truck family (with ammo/fuel/repair variants) coming in WIN (alongside the CSAT jet) is named Tempest, and it's in addition to the Zamak family, not replacing the Zamak family, thereby "avoiding issues in existing scenarios".
  • The most recent OPREP was about "a behind-the-scenes effort to bring some much-needed organization and structure to our web of animations", and although pretty opaque to players, it's meant to "allow for a more robust starting point for new animation-related features over the next years."

starting point for new animation-related features over the next years."

Very glad/happy/excited to hear that.

I hope to see the position removed from the alpha, low-profil with the handgun.

Client wide weather sync is coming soon according to Dean Hall

Just to be absolutely clear, we are currently looking at an engine-based solution to the MP weather syncing issue, but it's no further along than that. The DayZ solution is suitable to their own implementation, but Sadovsf is still at the investigation phase of our own deployment.

Meanwhile, Moricky implemented a temporary scripted solution, BIS_fnc_setOvercast. There's in-game documentation, available via the functions viewer.

TL;DR: the feature will be confirmed when we're confident it will work in Arma 3. :)

Best,

RiE

Any chance to have some info about "Win"?

Length for example, cause I found "Survive" and "Adapt" rather short.

Can we get some consequences/multiple endings (2 or 3 ideally) for "Win"? That was one of the great things about ArmA II's/OA's/PMC's campaigns; multiple paths the player can take, different outcomes, the smallest thing can change the course of the future (helping/not helping, winning/failing).

Can we get some consequences/multiple endings (2 or 3 ideally) for "Win"? That was one of the great things about ArmA II's/OA's/PMC's campaigns; multiple paths the player can take, different outcomes, the smallest thing can change the course of the future (helping/not helping, winning/failing).

They already said the campaign will only have one ending.

Makes me wonder why

I get the option to either deliver the fuel truck or use it as a bomb in Bingo Fuel?

Length for example, cause I found "Survive" and "Adapt" rather short.

I wouldn't expect it to be any longer than Adapt, no. We still hope that, overall, it'll be a longer campaign than Arma 2 (not counting the reloads because of, err, Manhattan 'features' :p)

We did? :cool:

Best,

RiE

Hello,

What is the current status after fixing this? no FPS drops? or just a few ones? it sound´s that this will improve the performance not so bad. any comment to this? thank you very much.

ENGINE

Fixed: An issue in multiplayer where server-owned vehicles caused FPS drop (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16849)

Just to be absolutely clear, we are currently looking at an engine-based solution to the MP weather syncing issue

Thanks for the clarification Jay, unfortunately for us the hyperbole had already begun :D