Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

@Meatball

If you need help setting up the OA Flare & Chaffs and some other config related feature, I would gladly help. Worked a lot with the configs of SmileyNick's CH47. May not know everything, but maybe i can help.

I have the orginal MLOD from Franze too, so allready have some insight.

@Fisgas

No need to try, the WSO can rearm the plane using the MMA Rearm perfectly. Thanks Mando!

Just wanted to let you know that when I place the carrier and the F18 down on a dedicated server the carrier doesn't catch the plane and you roll right off the deck. It seems to only catch the plane in singleplayer. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.

Myke;1989672']But it works as it should with any other plane? Only the F/A-18 you can't lock? Then it is clearly not Missilebox related if you could confirm this.

That is correct other BIS and user made planes work fine , I suspect it is the coding of the f18...

Just wanted to let you know that when I place the carrier and the F18 down on a dedicated server the carrier doesn't catch the plane and you roll right off the deck. It seems to only catch the plane in singleplayer. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.

Did you lower the TailHook? When you fly in with the Super Hornet, you will have two TailHooks to lower, because the one is for the Nimitz and one is from the F-18.

I did successfull landings on our crappy server and it worked. Only had the problem with the landing gear. Anyone else had those problems?

Yea the Lower Tailhook from the F18 controls the animation, the Lower Tailhook from the carrier is what lets you catch the wires. It's a small patch to fix, I already have it fixed on my end, going to let Meatball know what to do so we can synchronize them into 1 action that controls both the animation and the ability to catch. Once Meatball is ready to release an update I'll do the same.

First off all Meatball0311 congrats with the eurly release i watched this from the back ground, now that it is up i think you are putting it up for testing phase.

This addon together with the nimitz is a great addition. however the plain looks great there are a couple of things and to put in my 2 cents :D

* ADD GEAR TO PILOT - Yes I know about that was going to get to it. (LOW)

Please add only pistols a binocular and some smoke granades, would be awsome to give them ration also :p to the gear load out of these pilots, this is something that needs to be adressed at some point, the cockpit is filled with technical stuff i wonder where they would put an mp5 or Scar_L version anyways :D, as far as I am aware they have only a .45 on them. ( i could be wrong on the side arm )

I know shopper pilots do carry a rifle on board but I'm definitly sure on a fighter nuhu I looked it up only side arms are implemented, besides that GREAT JOB on those pilots finaly some real fighter pilots ;-)

* EDITOR CONFIG - placed under USMC > Air Wing >.... maybe (LOW)

Yeas please sir :o but just put them under Air like it would be a standard release of ArmA II as i see it thats the place they need to be.

When you release the navy bransh fighters put those on US Navy > Air >

I hope the nimitz would be in the same spot some day. But thats another thread.

* LANDING GEAR ISSUES - First time of hearing about this will look into it (HIGH)

There is as far as i can see no problem with the Landing gear, however I can confirm that ArmA gives the default option Gear Up / Gear Down but this does not work, the players need to be aware that the option screen gives an seperate option called Extract Gear thats the one they need to press

* STUCK IN AIR - stuck for like 10 secs in air when i just started the game as flying or when taking off. First time I heard of this will look into it (MEDIUM)

True sometimes the game freezes at start for no reason you cant move for a while and then it works again ;-)

so far thats all that i can give as constructive comment keep it up m8 one of the few best planes i ever saw so far, at least lets say that i like.

Kind regards

There is as far as i can see no problem with the Landing gear, however I can confirm that ArmA gives the default option Gear Up / Gear Down but this does not work, the players need to be aware that the option screen gives an seperate option called Extract Gear thats the one they need to press

Did you test it on a dedicated Server with at least 2 F-18's?

Im pretty sure its Lower Landing Gear and not Extract Gear (;)), but thats what I used in SP and it worked.

@JDOG

Great news on the Lower Tailhook part! Looking forward to it.

@Meatball

Maybe of interst to you:

How to insert OA Countermeasures:

Put this code into your base class:

memoryPointCM[] = {"flare_launcher1","flare_launcher2"}; //MemoryPoint where the Flares/Chaffs are dispenced

memoryPointCMDir[] = {"flare_launcher1_dir","flare_launcher2_dir"}; //Direction of the dispenced Flares / Chaffs

weapons[] = {"CMFlareLauncher"};

magazines[] = {"240Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"};

And add the MemoryPoints above into your model

With further checks... It only seems to happen with Meatballs F/A-18..... The plot thickens....

Oops thought I posted this in nimitz thread... This is about the fact that I get invisible walls on the nimitz for some reason...

Edited by wolfbite

Did you test it on a dedicated Server with at least 2 F-18's?

Im pretty sure its Lower Landing Gear and not Extract Gear (;)), but thats what I used in SP and it worked.

Sorry i re tested the plane

Raise Landing gear

Lower Landing gear (does only show up when you are at landing speed circa 349 speed? 350 and its gone again)

Only tested it on single player .....

The default gear commands from arma are also in the list but they don't work so it possible needs some attention after all. And yes if it does not work on multiplayer that needs to be addressed also.

Anyway i hope it helps a bit i can only try to report what i come a cross ;-)

btw the stuck in the air for 10 seconds also happens when you place the plain on an airfield or the nimitz carrier the game freezes however a little wile longer then 10 seconds, it variates sometimes between the 10 and 39 seconds so far tested it like 20+ times and the time frame always changes.

Ok I'm off to the nimitz thread it seems that it also has issues with blocked pads on the deck :p

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

Updated Screens of texture rework:

th_arma2oa2011-07-2521-26-40-73.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-07-2520-10-50-20.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-07-2520-11-02-15.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-07-2520-16-31-27.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-07-2520-16-14-15.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-07-2520-15-28-90.jpg

Enjoy, and update will occur as soon as we figure out all the glitchs and issues..This is still a 1.0

I don't think there is anything wrong with the size. Just search Super Hornet and you can see many different models. ALot of the older ones had the canopy and nose extend further forward. But alot now, you see the cockpit pushed back into a normal looking position. But your model is good.

I've got a pic here of the FDF F-18 and yours side by side and it looks to scale.

I want to know how I can start the mission with the wings already folded. I can't space them next to each other closely if I use the animation. They start with wings down hitting eachother, then raising.

And only problems I've seen is while getting ready to land you have to gear options. The normal "gear down" and (i believe your) "landing gear down". Gear down does nothing. I found that out the hard way. I actually made a nice landing with no gear.

Oh, and in the picture you see below, if I zoom out any further the cockpit turns gray like the rest of the model.

I did like engaging the after burner and flying straight up until I ran out of fuel somewhere close to space I believe.

Super Hornet - FDFmod Hornet. They look scaled perfectly together. If anything the super looks almost small compared

f-18s-1.jpg

Ok.. I worked all night and still have a few more things to do. I have fixed I would say most of the issues, but some still remain. I got to get some sleep (it is 0500). I will post and update tomorrow... then probably a quick update after that one. Will fill you in all the details when I post update. But here are some screens of the new texture....

arma2OA2011-07-2704-48-07-39.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-2704-48-12-05.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-2704-50-19-40.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-2704-51-04-87.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-2704-51-55-44.jpg

dont worry I dont sleep much... so I will be up in a few hours :)

Looking forward to it, thanks for your hard work!

I have to say, that HUD is looking much nicer (due to the colour), but how does it work compared to the old one?

And the textures? Well, tell me something that hasn't been said before and i'll say it...but i'll also say they're looking fantastic!

Just came back from a few days vacation and extreme happiness, it's here.:D

I can't seem to get mando to work with it, and i get a gear up/down action that is useless.

Edited by Evil_Brownie
Forgot to double check the tailhook issue, it's there alright.

Once again, thanks Mando ;)

EDIT: Why does the afterburner go on everytime i deploy flares now? I don't have any custom controls assigned which could cause that.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

UPDATE:

mar_2MAW_V1.1

Fixed a whole bunch of things that should make it function a whole lot better. There are still things I need to add and fix, like for example I am trying to get it compatable with the USS NIMITZ. I hopefully will get that done today and will post another update. I am going to list what I FIXED and what I am still needing to do. Thank you to all who are reporting, it is helping me out in getting this to a final stage. Also, would like to specially thank F2F_BHO (help with textures), PVPscene (helped solve the none locking problem), [GLT] Myke, and Mandoble for their continued help.

* FIXED: MMA - Need to make corrections on the ViewPilot view. pilots and gunners heads seems too off center (HIGH)

* FIXED (sort of) : I changed it back to green hud... I know the horizon bar turns... it will have to do for now until I fix it.

* FIXED: OPTICS ISSUE - Never had problem will look into it (MEDIUM)

* FIXED: PLAYER CAMERA PLACEMENT - Will work on this (HIGH)

* FIXED: TEXTURE - This is being worked on now (HIGH)

* FIXED: F/A-18 CANNOT BE LOCKED ONTO - had a little config issue, now enemy shoots at you, so keep your head down!

* FIXED :LANDING GEAR ISSUES - I added "GEAR DOWN (F/A-18F)" and "GEAR UP (F/A-18F)" use those for now until I figure out how to erase the others

* FIXED: COUNTER MEASURES (R button)- I added Countermeasures to the F/A-18F

* SCALE - From what I have seen it looks pretty good, but I havent really checked since I was working on more important matters.(MEDIUM)

* WORK ON DAMAGE MODEL - need to look into this.. (LOW)

* ADD GEAR TO PILOT - Yes I know about that was going to get to it. (LOW)

* EDITOR CONFIG - placed under USMC > Air Wing >.... maybe (LOW)

* NAV System - slightly off-screen (LOW)

* WORKING ON: TAILHOOK ISSUE - When used with the Nimitz Carrier, you will get two Lower Tailhook Useractions. Is it possible to bind those to each other, so we only have one Tailhook to lower? (HIGH)

* JETTISONED FUEL TANK ISSUE - Dont know how that is possible.. heard some talk about it earlier. will look into it. (LOW)

* STUCK IN AIR - I am looking into it, but I am pretty sure it has something to do with the start up sequence. I am working on that now. (MEDIUM)

And always.... enjoy!!!

Edited by Meatball0311

The textures look really nice, the new HUD is a very good improvement as well.

However some issues still persist.

1: The gear still doesn't stay down in MP (tried with 2 F-18's in the server).

2: Trying to rearm the F-18 with MMA, the only version that works is the first. Every other version don't list any loadouts, just the default ones.

Good work anyways, looking forward to the next release.

Edited by Fisgas

About the offset of the Player in the Cockpit (which effects the HUD of course) here two pictures:

playeroffset.th.jpgarma2oa2011072719154526.th.jpg

You probably only have to move the proxy about some inches to the right.

About the Landing Gear issue in MP:

Will do some testings tonight on a new dedicated server with only one F18. I think its probably related to the GearUp/Down Scripts which probably collide with the second F18 on the server.

Best regards

Yes, I havent gotten to the RTM file (which positions the pilot in the cockpit), yet. That will be corrected shortly. Your other picture.. I have to look at and will get back to you. But in all the pilot view is centered (at least where I want it). Thanks for the heads up!

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

The textures look really nice, the new HUD is a very good improvement as well.

However some issues still persist.

1: The gear still doesn't stay down in MP (tried with 2 F-18's in the server).

2: Trying to rearm the F-18 with MMA, the only version that works is the first. Every other version don't list any loadouts, just the default ones.

Good work anyways, looking forward to the next release.

1. I dont play multiplayer, so this is new to me. I will have to look into it.. can you show the .rpt?

2. I believe that would be Mandoble who can address that one... it looks as if he is still doing some tests with the F/A-18 and MMA.