Sign in to follow this  
walker

Murdoch throws News of the World under a bus to protect the mangement.

^ Unjustified and unnecessary rant

Care to explain WHY that is? Think my comments are pretty consistant with where this thread is going. If I've broken any forum rules, feel free to report me.

Yes, lets all praise Lulzsec for SILENCING free speech! :j: Yup, let's break the law in order to silence anyone who we don't agree with.

Please explain to me how publishing distinct opinions in a newspaper has to do with a few bad apples breaking the law? If you're going to start an anti-FOX News thread then just call it as such. Stop pretending you actually give a crap about the victims of the phone hacking. Oh, and Walker? Get a freakin' life! We don't need you being the official 24/7 anti-Rupurt Murdoch News anchor. We already have CNN for that!

If you want to get personal instead of sticking with the topic, I will make sure it doesn't happen.

If you want to get personal instead of sticking with the topic, I will make sure it doesn't happen.

How did I go off-topic? Was it the "Get a life" comment? Fine. I apologize. But the rest of my comments about this thread being nothing more than another excuse for "Fox News" bashing still stands. Comparing Rupurt Murdoch's "Empire" to Hitler's Reich pretty much proved that.

Still don't believe me? Here's a really good quote from one of our beloved mods -

One less of these trash magazines. I honestly don't care about it going under.

Now, if only a similar case could be brought up with Fox News and yield the same result...

Bravo. Liberal wishful thinking wetdream at it's finest! :D

Edited by BF2_Trooper

You seem to be ignorant of the influence News Corp. had on British politics and the backlash that is now growing. Fox network is part of News Corp, and they are not immune from criticism.

You seem to be ignorant of the influence News Corp. had on British politics and the backlash that is now growing. Fox network is part of News Corp, and they are not immune from criticism.

I'm not saying they should be immune from criticism sir. I'm just saying that from what I can tell, you all just wished News Corp would shut down because you just happen to disagree with their opinions. Again, please explain to me again what the opinions of FOX News has to do with the crimes commited by a few British Journalist for a British Newspaper?

Oh and here's a fun fact, News of the World was less than 10% of what made up News Corp.

Hi all

...SILENCING free speech! :j: Yup, let's break the law in order to silence anyone who we don't agree with...

Vs.

...Oh, and Walker? Get a freakin' life! We don't need you being the official 24/7 anti-Rupurt Murdoch News anchor. We already have CNN for that!

A BF2_Trooper A lot of internal contradictions in your post Sort of conflicting statements? But I know you luv me realy so by all means Rave on.

:D

Murdoch got a Custard Pie Boom Boom.

Anyway back to reality.

Murdoch seems to be more worried about his own email being hacked;http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/hackers-group-says-it-will-release-murdoch-emails-ck-97380

certainly his apologists are busy on various forums and blogs painting him as a victim, shaving foam and spoof website and all, but they do not seem to comprehend that pranks do not include hacking the phones of murdered children, terrorist victims, and war heroes.

Meanwhile Murdoch admited that he is probably still paying the legal bills of Millie Dowler's hackers so that they can drag the family through yet more mud just like her murderers legal team did.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/we-may-still-be-paying-milly-hackers-bills-admits-murdoch-2317221.html

The Murdochs and Rebeca Brooks have been passing the buck down to their former legal chief to set him up as the scape goat after throwing the News of the World under the bus did not work.

He has refuted what they testified to in front of Parliment, where they said he had hidden the report that was found by the police in another News Corp lawyers safe from them.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/19/us-newscorp-crone-idUSTRE76I2II20110719

If what he says is true then Brooks and the Murdochs may have just thrown away their atourney client privledges with at least two groups of their lawyers meaning the police can raid their offices for all doccuments.

I do not think the Brooks and the Murdochs have understood this.

Or maybe their atourneys were looking for an out...

Walker

Hi all

Vs.

A BF2_Trooper A lot of internal contradictions in your post Sort of conflicting statements? But I know you luv me realy so by all means Rave on.

:D

Murdoch got a Custard Pie Boom Boom.

I love how you don't address Lulzsec's or this pie throwers behavior of harassing someone because you don't agree with his/her opinions.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

I'm not saying they should be immune from criticism sir. I'm just saying that from what I can tell, you all just wished News Corp would shut down because you just happen to disagree with their opinions. Again, please explain to me again what the opinions of FOX News has to do with the crimes commited by a few British Journalist for a British Newspaper?

Oh and here's a fun fact, News of the World was less than 10% of what made up News Corp.

The biggest problem is that

1. when the phone hacking initially came to light there were no, if any serious review, to see if the News of the World had systematic problem.

2. The scope of wiretapping was so wide and methods to get them, including bribery, is illigal.

3. How much did Murdoch know about it? When did he know about it? What did he do after to punish those who broke the law?

It is very naive to think that the owner's attitude and view will not affect the operations of a company. So that's why Fox network is part of criticism.

Fox news is not some golden standard of journalism if you haven't noticed.

It is possible that Murdoch could be this era's William Hearst.

I love how you don't address Lulzsec's or this pie throwers behavior of harassing someone because you don't agree with his/her opinions.

I don't see you criticizing wiretapping either.

Edited by RalphWiggum

Murdoch seems to be more worried about his own email being hacked;http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/hackers-group-says-it-will-release-murdoch-emails-ck-97380

certainly his apologists are busy on various forums and blogs painting him as a victim, shaving foam and spoof website and all, but they do not seem to comprehend that pranks do not include hacking the phones of murdered children, terrorist victims, and war heroes.

Lol, HIS apologists. I love it. What a totally simplistic view of people with Different opinions. Also, this is about the only forum I've ever posted anything about this topic. Now, if I or anyone here has made excuses or supported the actions of these bad journalists please post it.

Lol, HIS apologists. I love it. What a totally simplistic view of people with Different opinions. Also, this is about the only forum I've ever posted anything about this topic. Now, if I or anyone here has made excuses or supported the actions of these bad journalists please post it.

You don't have problem calling others liberals in a wide brush either. That's also a simplistic view, isn't it?

The biggest problem is that

1. when the phone hacking initially came to light there were no, if any serious review, to see if the News of the World had systematic problem.

2. The scope of wiretapping was so wide and methods to get them, including bribery, is illigal.

3. How much did Murdoch know about it? When did he know about it? What did he do after to punish those who broke the law?

It is very naive to think that the owner's attitude and view will not affect the operations of a company. So that's why Fox network is part of criticism.

Fox news is not some golden standard of journalism if you haven't noticed.

First of all, when did I ever say that Fox News is the most awesome thing since sliced bread? And who is actually saying they should STOP investigating anything related to the crimes commited by these News of The World journalists?

If Fox News employees have commited any crimes then they should be charged and be criticised for being totally unprofessional as journalists. But until then, all you're doing is wishful thinking and fantasizing about a the death of a certain media outlet that you happen to disagree with.

Wanna make FOX News or News Corp in general lose money? It's simple - Don't Watch or Read their Channels or Newspapers. Last I heard, we still have that freedom of choosing not to watch or read something you don't like.

You don't have problem calling others liberals in a wide brush either. That's also a simplistic view, isn't it?

Well it is a proven fact that fantasizing about the death of Fox News is a liberal wet dream. Just read any liberal blog or tune into any of the other news networks.

Anyways, that doesnt really address any of the issues I've brought up.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I don't see you criticizing wiretapping either.

Wiretapping is wrong. Hacking into Newspapers to shut them up is also wrong. Happy now?

First of all, when did I ever say that Fox News is the most awesome thing since sliced bread? And who is actually saying they should STOP investigating anything related to the crimes commited by these News of The World journalists?

Then why are you so bent on defending them? You don't seem to have much opinion about the whole wiretapping and bribery, but you just jumped in to the thread with discussion about Fox.

If Fox News employees have commited any crimes then they should be charged and be criticised for being totally unprofessional as journalists. But until then, all you're doing is wishful thinking and fantasizing about a the death of a certain media outlet that you happen to disagree with.

Many people thought the current scandal/incident was something that was limited to celebs(although it should have been more thoroughly investigated even at the time). Do you have proof that Fox is innocent of using illegla tactics to get information? Until then, the suspicion is waranted. Wishing the other media outlet dead isn't monopolized by one side of politics.

Wanna make FOX News or News Corp in general lose money? It's simple - Don't Watch or Read their Channels or Newspapers. Last I heard, we still have that freedom of choosing not to watch or read something you don't like.

It is not about money, but possible illegal activities. Just because someone has money and power doesn't mean they are above the law.

Wiretapping is wrong. Hacking into Newspapers to shut them up is also wrong. Happy now?

If you want to act like a petulant child, go ahead. I will treat you like one and any consequence will be yours.

So now you agree that wiretapping is wrong, do you also believe that those who condoned it should be punished?

Then why are you so bent on defending them? You don't seem to have much opinion about the whole wiretapping and bribery, but you just jumped in to the thread with discussion about Fox.

How about honestly telling me why You are so bent on seeing the demise of Fox News? I already made my opinions about the bad journalists and their activities clear - they commited crimes and should be punished for it.

How about honestly telling me why You are so bent on seeing the demise of Fox News? I already made my opinions about the bad journalists and their activities clear - they commited crimes and should be punished for it.

When in the course of this discussion did I say I want Fox to be destroyed?

Many people thought the current scandal/incident was something that was limited to celebs(although it should have been more thoroughly investigated even at the time). Do you have proof that Fox is innocent of using illegla tactics to get information? Until then, the suspicion is waranted.

No, I don't have proof of Fox being innocent of using illegal tactics, but I'm not going around making outrageous speculations about them either.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

When in the course of this discussion did I say I want Fox to be destroyed?

You may not have said that directly, but you're very much staunchly defending those who wish to see it destroyed. Shutting down a media outlet purely because you disagree agree with it's opinions is a scary thing.

No, I don't have proof of Fox being innocent of using illegal tactics, but I'm not going around making outrageous speculations about them either.

The 'outrageous' speculations may not be so outrageous. That's why people are asking for more investigations. With more information coming out, the scope of illegal activities seems to be larger than originally thought. Even FBI is investigating if 9-11 victim's voicemails were hacked. With such broad disregard for legal stuff, I think calling the speculations outrageous is more outrageous than raising suspicions.

You may not have said that directly, but you're very much staunchly defending those who wish to see it destroyed. Shutting down a media outlet purely because you disagree agree with it's opinions is a scary thing.

No, I'm giving you clear unadulterated fact about the whole situation. Anytime a corporation is investigated, subsidiaries do get investigated. That's why I said, 'Fox network is part of News Corp, and they are not immune from criticism.'

That statement alone is true whether you replace Fox with CNN or just about any others.

But you seem to be stuck in us-vs-them and try to put me in to category of people who want Fox demolished.

Edited by RalphWiggum

So now you agree that wiretapping is wrong, do you also believe that those who condoned it should be punished?

For the second time yes. And if I or any of my fellow so-called "Rupurt Murdoch Apologists" have made comments defending said crimes, please post it. Otherwise, stop repeatadly asking if anyone's defending these crimes or not.

For the second time yes. And if I or any of my fellow so-called "Rupurt Murdoch Apologists" have made comments defending said crimes, please post it. Otherwise, stop repeatadly asking if anyone's defending these crimes or not.

Here's another question: Without investigation, how do you know who was involved in perpetraiting and/or condoning such activities?

The 'outrageous' speculations may not be so outrageous. That's why people are asking for more investigations. With more information coming out, the scope of illegal activities seems to be larger than originally thought. Even FBI is investigating if 9-11 victim's voicemails were hacked. With such broad disregard for legal stuff, I think calling the speculations outrageous is more outrageous than raising suspicions.

Hmm, making outrageous speculations before the authorities have reportadly found any evidence? Sounds like a very "Fox News" behaivior to me. :D

Hmm, making outrageous speculations before the authorities have reportadly found any evidence? Sounds like a very "Fox News" behaivior to me. :D

Plenty of evidence. Police chief of UK's police had to resign since he didn't fully investigate back when this all happened. Had it been done back then, we probably would not be talking about this in 2011. So no, it is not an outrageous speculation. FBI is investigating this side, UK's parliament summoned Murdoch and his son. That doesn't seem to so outrageous.

Here's another question: Without investigation, how do you know who was involved in perpetraiting and/or condoning such activities?

Seriously how many times do I have to make myself clear? Have you been reading any of my comments at all? Anything to do with these bad journalists commiting illegal activities should be investigated.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Plenty of evidence. Police chief of UK's police had to resign since he didn't fully investigate back when this all happened. Had it been done back then, we probably would not be talking about this in 2011. So no, it is not an outrageous speculation. FBI is investigating this side, UK's parliament summoned Murdoch and his son. That doesn't seem to so outrageous.

None of which has anything to do with the activities of Fox News journalist. And no, I don't think that the fact that these journalist also happen to work for Rupert Morduch proves anything.

Seriously how many times do I have to make myself clear? Have you been reading any of my comments at all? Anything to do with these bad journalists commiting illegal activities should be investigated.

And that's why News Corp. is being investigated. Unfortunately for Fox network , they are a part of News Corp. and it is really difficult for them to say that they are detached from this mess.

Plenty of evidence. Police chief of UK's police had to resign since he didn't fully investigate back when this all happened.

The chief of police didn't resign becuase of that. The chief of police resigned because he had been talking free holidays worth £15,000 at a resort owned by an ex News of The World employee.

The deputy chief of police is the one who had to resign because he hadn't done the pob properly.