Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment WiP Thread

I'd like to do another firefight video, but still need to polish some things. Till then, here is a little teaser:

You ended the video too soon! You tease!

Please tell me you are not using this, this and this...

Maybe this is a surprise to some but I have no idea what these commands were for.

So no, nope. As long as XEH works it should be fine.

Maybe this is a surprise to some but I have no idea what these commands were for.

So no, nope. As long as XEH works it should be fine.

YUS! I never really used them myself due to performance hit... Some people use them to globally execute commands, but it's too much of a fuss for me (and I guess you).

I learned about ACE from your videos 3 years ago, and I was like "Omg this is awesome" Two years later I learned about ACSE, and I am freaking out.

I am torn between JSRS and ACSE now :(

^ Chapple - as the author of the mod stated You will be able to mix custom sounds with this soundmod - soundmods probably will do the work too.

Anyway all of this sounds really good! I had alot of fun playing with ACE, JSRS + HARCP DSS - it fulfills crucial areas of the audio depth that been lacking in vanilla ArmA OA.

Only one thing that bother me is... would it be hard to convert this mod for A3 or at least to use with AiA maps and armament?

Erhm... I didn't say this will be compatible with other soundmods. How would it be? It adds a lots of new conditions with their respective seperate sound files. DSS could be used with other SMs because it was basically just about mixing a seperate echo / trailoff over the "base" firing sound. What I said is that other soundguys from the community will be able to use ACSE engine to create their own dynamic soundmod. :)

Currently I'm preparing to move it under A3 engine because of the better possibilities.

Currently I'm preparing to move it under A3 engine because of the better possibilities.

great news! can't wait.

Erhm... I didn't say this will be compatible with other soundmods. How would it be? It adds a lots of new conditions with their respective seperate sound files. DSS could be used with other SMs because it was basically just about mixing a seperate echo / trailoff over the "base" firing sound. What I said is that other soundguys from the community will be able to use ACSE engine to create their own dynamic soundmod. :)

Sorry, it seems that I misunderstood it with out of the box compability for community-made terrain. :icon1:

Overall it is really a great news! Im eager to see some more news about this mod!

Thank you for the response :)

Edited by fragmachine

Heya,

Well, as it stands now, it will be only for Arma 3. It makes things easier. We already started implementing it under the new engine, but since its not just about "adding distant a sound over x meter" its not so easy to "port" it over. I'll try to keep you updated. :P

I am eagerly awaiting this mod. It really seems to add so much. Would love to see a longer video but understand it's not your priority.

Yeaah that echo is simply the best, hands down! Can't wait for the release!

Just have some questions: do You plan on making outdoor sounds ie. shots and explosions to sound muffled when listener is inside the building and indoor muffled shot sounds to be heared say 100m outdoors?

Edited by fragmachine

Too bad there won't be A2 version. JSRS starting to be little boring ;)

Yeaah that echo is simply the best, hands down! Can't wait for the release!

Just have some questions: do You plan on making outdoor sounds ie. shots and explosions to sound muffled when listener is inside the building and indoor muffled shot sounds to be heared say 100m outdoors?

Yeah, there are specific set of muffled sounds for every environment type, so weapons sound different when they are obstructed by objects or whatever from the listener in deserts and forests also, not just only in buildings.

Making a longer, more interesting video is in my plans, but currently there are still things I'd like to polish. Meanwhile, here is a really simple (and short) video showing a Tavor's 1st Person sounds (< 1m) in forest (well, more like "multiple trees close to you"), "outside with houses nearby", and interior environments.

Edited by tpM

Seriously fantastic work! The sounds are so good they don't even seem like placeholders anymore. Glad to hear it's just polishing, now. Keep it up.

I'm curious about how many of you find these sounds "too loud". I read a few comments at YT stating that it's too loud, and some other ppl told me that these sounds are not simply just loud, but also distorted. I don't get it because for me they sound really crisp and clean. Yes, they are loud compared to other games or movies, but hey, we are talking about firearms...