On 10/11/2021 at 5:14 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to BI forums!

You can get the CBA's here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pzdCHqh-FKaqKMerGZlOosrtlhsM4GzR/view?usp=sharing

I'll also link it on the OP this way folks will have it. Cheers!

My greatest thanks to you! You really helped me a lot! I have both Arma 3 and Arma 2, but for some reason I love Arma 2 much stronger, don't know why. Some time ago I played it a lot and played mostly with your absolutely great CoWar releases, but  life situation made me interrupt it temporarily. Those events with the armaholic site were a real hit for me, I was completely dismounted, it happened just  before I was going to start playing again. Now I'm trying to start it all again, at least with those few things were saved. I hope you will help me if I will have any questions! 

• Like 2

Hey Larry thats great to hear,

ya any questions just ask, you can also refer to the Q&A section on my WarMod Website

seen here at the top it starts with COWarMod https://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/

Most of the questions there are questions player's of the mod asked back in the day, so i just

compiled them all into a faq and the answer to them.

If you dont find your question amongst them, then dont hesitate to ask here.

Ya Armaholic closing down was a big hit, it was a big loss to most of us that frequented the site, but

lets not fret there are things being done about it by Jerry Hopper and a few others, lets just be happy we all had the opportunity

to be a part of the site when we did, and were able to download and do what we did in those times.

Keep your eyes forward and appreciate what you and we do have now and what we can do. Cheers!

• Like 2

Great Mod Mr. Gunter!

I am glad to see there is still modding for ArmA 2 CO. I still to this day enjoy playing ArmA 2 CO more than I do ArmA 3. I hope to see more great mods for ArmA 2 CO.

I am a big fan of the ArmA 2 CO community and happy to be a member of the community. I have played and followed great work for years in the ArmA series community.

I am a late bloomer in creating missions LoL. I have created as of (year 2021) missions to share with the ArmA 2 CO community if anyone would like to play them.

I have Posted them on the content I have started here in Bis Forums.

I really enjoy the COWarMod! Awsome!  

• Like 1

Hello Mr. RutgerHauer33,

thanks for the compliments, and your welcome, happy you enjoy the mod as are others after all these years,

the mod was 6 months in the making so it better be good 😉

6 hours ago, RutgerHauer33 said:

I hope to see more great mods for ArmA 2 CO.

Ya idk if anyone is making mods for Arma2CO, i can only guess there are but i frequent this forum everyday and

i've yet to see something come up for Arma2CO for mods, maybe in secret its being done on a new Armaholic somewhere 😮

6 hours ago, RutgerHauer33 said:

I am a late bloomer in creating missions LoL.

Hey no worries man, im late to somethings too, just remember all good things come in their own time.

If you have alot of missions i would suggest create a thread in the usermission section

for Arma2CO and post all your missions there for download, give each a name, description, pics too if you can,

im sure someone will try them out, be sure to add anything in there for requirements.

Mr. Gunter you are a bada$$!

I played the Gunter's Custom COWarMod v1.5 8/21/2021 all night and couldn't get off of it!

I was literally in tears saying IT'S ABOUT TIME! THAT's THE WAY IT's SUPPOSED TO BE DONE!

I am speechless how awesome your custom version has become!

I highly recommend your Custom version as a MUST HAVE to anyone in the ArmA series community!

I really do appreciate your work Mr. Gunter! Thank You! 

Here is the latest mission I Posted for the community.

GHOST RECON 1985 12 October 2021

By RutgerHauer33, October 12 in ARMA 2 & OA - USER MISSIONS

• Thanks 1

Cool man!

What i play with when i do play, now if you want to supplement my Awesome mod

check out my other mod if you haven't seen the thread for it already, its the same type of mod

a customizable compilation mod but ... its a sound mod called CBS, also what i play with 😉

• Like 1

(1)

Wow!

Awsome Sound Mod Mr. Gunter!

I normally use the @SOWsound (ArmA2) because I like the Arcade-ish beeping sounds when laying Satchel Charges...

Your CBS Sound mod has totally changed my atmosphere! It has just an awesome immersive Combat Feel!

I now have a new #1 Sound mod!

Thank you Mr. Gunter for your Excellent work! 

• Thanks 1

Well, so have first questions...

1. I can launch this mod only by selecting in the expansions menu (in the game) all needed items making them enabled in the right order (cba, cbaA2 and so on). The old method, when I make a shortcut and add the command line there ( -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2 and so on) has a strange effect- some of the dlc seems to be disappeared, there isn't some of campaigns and missions. Adding the command line in the game properties in the steam menu has the same effect. Yes, I play via steam of course.

2. When I'm playing this mod turning on by the above method, I see that all the expansions are order in this way:

arma2

arma2 oa

army of cz

cba

aba a2

cba oa

cowarmod

private mc

british af

So the cowarmod is in the middle of the list. I don't know is it good or bad?

3. I have fought a little and it looks like sometimes I cannot take weapons from dead bodies, I just don't their rifles in the corpse gear list. I just dont remember how it was in last years. Today I have some trouble with it.

Hi Larrythetrooper,

For your first description for launching the game, idk what to tell you there, i've always played in the editor, and made my own missions

never bothered with the campaigns or scenarios so i cant really help as to why they show and or dont show, but there shouldn't be anything

in the mod to remove them.

When i test my own customized version which i have on the OP for download, i dont have those issues, everything shows np.

16 hours ago, Larrythetrooper said:

So the cowarmod is in the middle of the list. I don't know is it good or bad?

Shouldn't really matter, as long as everything loads and is playable, i never payed attention to the expansion.

16 hours ago, Larrythetrooper said:

I have fought a little and it looks like sometimes I cannot take weapons from dead bodies, I just don't their rifles in the corpse gear list.

Ya thats SLX_Wounds doing that

here is the first part of the description for that file

Location based wound effects on people when they are hit.
Arms - Small chance of an accidental discharge of their primary weapon. Small chance of dropping primary and/or secondary weapon when arms are very damaged.
Legs - Good chance of falling down prone if legs are very damaged. No effect when already prone.
Torso - Good chance of getting knocked down and out of breath for a second if damage is over 50%. If the torso is over 80% damaged and overall health is less than 60% then the person is critically wounded.
Head - 30% chance of temporary deafness and a 40% chance of temporary deafness, disorientation, and falling down if head is less than 50% damaged, most likely caused by grenade blasts.

So basically if you hit the enemy in the arms theres a good chance they will get rid of their weapon which to me is dumb,

that be the last thing i'd want to do if an enemy is around and i got shot, but thats what happens they either dropped the weapon, or it got damaged when they got hit

in the arms and they ended up dropping it.

Are you using the Full COWarMod or the Gunter's Customized version?

On 10/23/2021 at 7:14 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

For your first description for launching the game, idk what to tell you there, i've always played in the editor, and made my own missions

never bothered with the campaigns or scenarios so i cant really help as to why they show and or dont show, but there shouldn't be anything

in the mod to remove them.

When i test my own customized version which i have on the OP for download, i dont have those issues, everything shows np.

Oh, no, this issue is not bound with this mod, this happens with absolutely any mod I'm trying to launch with shortcuts, absolutely any of them. So this is the question of my using the steam version of the arma, I just cannot get how to use it normally with mods. When I was on the simple battlefront version I haven't any issue. I just think that after many years of a break I missed a lot and know I have to learn it.

Shouldn't really matter, as long as everything loads and is playable, i never payed attention to the expansion.

That's fine!

Ya thats SLX_Wounds doing that

here is the first part of the description for that file

So basically if you hit the enemy in the arms theres a good chance they will get rid of their weapon which to me is dumb,

that be the last thing i'd want to do if an enemy is around and i got shot, but thats what happens they either dropped the weapon, or it got damaged when they got hit

in the arms and they ended up dropping it.

Ok, I got it, so it is not a trouble, just sometimes it confuses a bit.

Are you using the Full COWarMod or the Gunter's Customized version?

Today I use full cowarmod, going to try Gunter's version when I figure out how to run them without actions in the game menu. This steam engine is really perplexing me.

Btw, there was one more version - COWarModACE. Is it possible to try it too?

3 hours ago, Larrythetrooper said:

this happens with absolutely any mod I'm trying to launch with shortcuts

I see, personally i use a launcher, this is what i use

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q3S1VmUEiIWlXkzlELWzydY-51hXvdc0/view?usp=sharing

download it there should be a readme in there on how to use.

its from my google drive.

3 hours ago, Larrythetrooper said:

COWarModACE. Is it possible to try it too?

That version was on Armaholic at the time but since Armaholic is not up anymore i dont have a copy of it, and its

basically COWarMod with mods removed to work with ACE, as some mods would do the same thing as some ace features

so i removed them and hence the name.

Ok, I figured out how work with the launcher,  now it has an issue that the Czech  army dlc dont work with the mods but this isn't a problem for me now. The thing I am completely not satisfied with is the AI of the mods, more specifically- how they are shooting. I remembered what were the other main mods for arma 2 and how to work with them, and I consistently tested cowarmod, gunter version, ace, acex and I am disappointed in all of them. The soldiers shoot depressing badly, just cannot hit their targets in the simplest situations. Though it was set in the game options at 1.0 and the super AI options is on. More or less they shoot at the gunter's version, but not enough I want to play with it. And in contrast with all these mods in the clear game without any mod all is ok with shooting, I even set it about 0.65 - 0.7 to have them less accurate. So the question is- where in the cowarmod I can modify shooting parameters?

Happy you got the launcher figured out so that will make the game easier to launch with.

Understand that COWarMod is a compilation mod of many mods, about 230+ to be exact which the original mod not my

custom version, but what you need to do is go here

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@COWarMod\customization\optional tweaks & mods\slx\working slx files not in cowarmod

and grab the following files, files you want are in bold, what they do are after:

SLX_AI: Replaces A2 danger.fsm to improve AI reactions.

SLX_AI_Dodge: Makes AIs do evasive moves towards cover.

SLX_AI_Identify: Lets AI identify obvious object types better (Something in the air is probably an aircraft, etc.), changes AI hearing ranges for vehicles (can't hear someone
sneaking up when inside a tank), changes default threat levels, helps AI spend less time firing on a target they can't hit, makes AI keep low in combat, shoot more than stay in
 formation, faster aiming in CQB, calling things by more proper names, special operations people are sneakier/harder to hear, AIs reach waypoints better in vehicles, changes
 the default spotability and audibility of vehicle types, makes AIs not attempt to shoot at plane pilots if they can't attack the plane.

SLX_AISkill: Changes AI skills for more variable accuracy and faster more aware AI.

SLX_FindCover: AI utility functions for finding cover and making AI's make a course diversion then continue on to their original destination.

===============

The SLX_AISkill file is probably the one you want, so all you do is grab that file from this folder:

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@COWarMod\customization\optional tweaks & mods\slx\working slx files not in cowarmod

and move it here ---->  C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@COWarMod\addons

If you want to know what all the SLX files do read the readme titled all slx features

which is located in that ---> working slx files not in cowarmod folder

i list each file and their description like above.

Try that and see if the game changes to more like what your looking for.

There are other mods that would make the AI more accurate but you'll need to grab the original COWarMod for them, for now just try

that one file the SLX_AISkill.

• Like 1