Sign in to follow this  
Shevvy

Tutorial for Arma 3?

Hi, I was wondering if there was going to be a tutorial for the people who are relatively new to the franchise like myself?

I managed a fair bit on my own in Arma 2 until i got to the mission where i had to build a base and i could buy soldiers. I didn't have a clue what i was doing and i remember building a base with MG nests facing inwards, a light vehicle bay that couldn't deploy vehicles because it was obstructed (noob i know lol.). The tutorials in Arma 2 were a little hard to follow sometimes and felt a tad fast paced.

I''d like to play Arma 3 but i'll need my hand holding to get the ball rolling.

Oh and be gentle its my first post. :)

I´m sure that the Devs have learned from the past. The OA Turtorial was a step in the right direction. I am faithfull that Arma 3 will have an even better Turtorial

Yeah the tutorial will probably be the best so far. Arma 2 was OK, OA was better (not that I needed it by that point), Arma 3... you get the idea.

First of all welcome to the community Shevvy :)

Yes you can definitely expect some good tutorials.

Ivan also said that the SP will contain, next to the usual tutorials, scenarios and missions to make the player more familiar with the game and its mechanics. So this means basically in-game\in-campaign tutorials designed for people new to the milsim franchise.

OA tutorials where great, so i think it is safe to asume that they will only get better, now if only we had a proper BIS editor tutorial (and i am aware of the vid they uploaded to youtube).

Arma 3 should have the best tutorials so far. As with each game, the tutorials got better.

Thanks for the responses! Do you think if i buy Operation Arrowhead i might be able to finish the campaign after i complete the tutorial? :)

Well if the arma 3 tutorials are good then i suppose ill make the purchase or maybe i wont need them after OA.

Yeah the tutorials were great for OA, and they made excellent previews for the upcoming game.

Ther are also many Usermade Turtorials on Youtube

Every game has had a bootcamp as far as I remember...

Yes but you need so much more - it was only last month I learned such useful things such as:

map - shift + click = personal waypoint

Which helps with all sorts of things like finding enemy and navigating a helicopter accurately.

Was that in bootcamp? (Sorry if it was) We need more than how to point and shoot a gun. Can we have PDF files of lists of key commands for each feature etc.?

Yeah thats a fair point actually.. There are a few odd little trick that would be nice to include in the training.....