Sign in to follow this  
sander

CWR2 coop pack

As far as I am concerned, you are correct, but even mentioning the concept of editing CWR2 content in these forums, even for personal use only, has brought certain CWR2 devs who are also moderators down HARD on people! Be careful or you will feel the wrath! ;) They want to be asked permission before editing.

Thanks for the tip :).

So if you really want add savegame for your persnal use just write pm to sander. And after his answer you will be 100% sure if you can or not edit his missions.

The reason why the CWR2 team cannot provide permission to others to edit content is that it contains intellectual property that was provided under certain conditions. Therefore it is not possible to freely dispose of it and grant third parties the right to reuse it. This does not only extend to models or textures, but also extends to the mission content in the release. The team must honour the conditions under which the right to use that IP was granted to them.

---

The mission files in my pack can be adapted for your own use if you like. They do not contain anything that is under restricting conditions from another party. This does not extend to redistribution of changed files.

Regards,

Sander

In my mind, there is no need to modify Sander's missions when enabling unlimited saves is possible in emergency and/or dire situations.

But I also think that the missions are too good to be just for coop play, and to make them perfect, autosaves at key points should be implemented for SP play.

Edited by OMAC

>Conflicting addon cwr2_IslandCutscenes in 'CWR2\Islands\cwr2_cutscenes\',

delete cwr2_cain_w_cutscene.pbo. It is not actually required.

>ca\data\library\buoy.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

fixed for all subsequent releases of cwr2

>Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocol_EP1_EN/: Missing word apc

ditto (now says 'tank')

Good job, Mikero! :)

In version 2.4 a total of 40 missions are available. In addition to the three new ones two existing missions had a small alteration.

New files:

co06_cwr2_force_feedback.abel.pbo

co09_cwr2_going_south.abel.pbo

co12_cwr2_tenure_track.abel.pbo

Force Feedback has a reconnaissance patrol eliminate an enemy outpost before reporting on Soviet armour.

Going South features an attack by light infantry to take advantage of weakened enemy defences.

Tenure Track has mechanised infantry secure three objectives with some help of friendly forces.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

I just played Gas Lighters solo, and loved the reddish morning light in the forest. Fantastic! The long run through the forest to the hideout inspired me to incorporate very long forest traverses in my missions. I've been focusing on the dark forests of northern Chernarus lately.

I also liked now the gas trucks last in the column will take off in another direction, avoiding the threat (and escaping, failing the mission for you), unless you take out the drivers quickly. Team switching comes in handy to get the needed satchels!

hi sanders, wanted to say thanks for bringing the fun back to the game, i played ofp for years on KaRRiLioNs... i have a dedicated server and going to use your mod full time, maybe you might think of adding karrs rts to your list of missions, :O) it would be awsome, and it is awsome already, i lack players at the moment but im loving this. my server name is *armageden*, im fixing start up at the moment so cwr2 is loaded first, im on a linux server and so far had no problems.

Easy Listening (SP):

*Most men not equipped with NV goggles

*briefing.sqf needs to be edited so that task status is shown on debriefing screen.

ec6352176738626.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. The lack of NVG is on purpose, it is the task of personnel equipped with these to guide the unit through the first part of the mission till the dawn, the remainder ought to use direction and compass needle to keep on course. The scale of issue of NVG or other night fighting equipment in the 1980's was low. Note for instance that a special forces unit such as the SAS was not sufficiently equipped to provide even a single item of image intensification - or thermal imaging kit to a reconnaissance unit in the 1991 Gulf War. A significant part of combat vehicles could certainly fight at night in that era, but dismounts were certainly not lavishly issued goggles or weapon mounted sights.

Regards,

Sander

Having played this mission in a coop I can say that the lack of NV equipment in this mission contributes to it's immersion and gameplay.

If memory serves the second part of the mission takes place in daylight so that not all subordinate units feel blind through all the mission.

Edited by Variable

The historical note is interesting. As I played in SP, I had NVG and there was no issue. However, I don't see how the other guys w/o goggles (including enemies) can see to shoot. They appear to engage and shoot ok. What are they, cats? Immersion is one thing, but w/o goggles, or even gun-mounted flashlights, the only way to fight that mission is to avoid all enemy contact until dawn, more or less, and a ~1.5 hour wait in the dark is obviously not desirable for a game. In coop, how does one fight completely blind like that? Am I missing something? I only play on Veteran, where enemies are not indicated with icons; playing blind is essentially impossible, and certainly not any fun, a suicide mission. With icons, it is a whole new ballgame that is unrecognizable from the Veteran/Expert A2 experience. The monitor brightness can be turned all the way up to get some visual info (:rolleyes:).

Blind navigation isn't a big deal, as one can't get injured by walking into trees, and the map is somehow illuminated.

Even when the team is in stealth mode, the enemy will detect you from 100s of meters away, and come after you. Are they meant to have NV equipment? The M113s coming after you in the dark are very frightening. But with NVG and an RPG, no problem. My AI RPG gunner w/o NVG engages the incoming M113s with no problem, which I do not understand at all. Is that an A2/OA bug?

Second part of mission? Don't know anything about that. The mission starts at 4 am and is over by dawn, so all of it takes place in the dark. I got to St. Pierre by about 4:15 am.

Edited by OMAC

The weak illumination by the moon light does allow for some vision in the mission, but one is definitely hampered.

The timing and associated low light level conditions are on purpose. It will force the players to move in closer to be able to use their weapons effectively while NVG equipped friendlies should preferably provide overwatch. AI without NVG will be hampered in vision to some extent, but not in their hearing. They will effectively respond to the noise and flash of enemy weapons. To avoid a fight on uneven terms with Blufor patrols in the forest one can approach the first objective via a detour.

The Soviet squad leader (player unit in SP) is equipped with NVG by default, and another set is available in the briefing to provide to another key squad member (sniper or PKM gunner are best served in my opinion). To equip the remainder one could choose to locate and ambush the US special forces patrol in the woods. Battlefield salvage could then provide some additional NVG sets. Should the crew disembark from a damaged M113 APC the entire Soviet unit could equip itself with goggles.

Regards,

Sander

I played through again from a saved game just before St. Pierre, and had a blast. I

destroyed both APCs

in St. Pierre and got into the mountains east of town with no casualties. This time, all task objectives were listed properly on debriefing screen, so I don't know what happened before. GREAT, EPIC mission!!!

8a4002176907580.jpg bd8fca176907568.jpg

In regard to info in spoiler:

I thought of giving the marksman the other NVG, but it doesn't work with scoped weapons like the SVG. The RPG guy is also a good candidate for the NVGs. Without NVG, he engages incoming APCs based on sound alone, as the APC had not yet fired before the RPG guy fired at it. That is unrealistic, but is an A2OA feature that only manifests itself in SP.

I gave all forests patrols a very wide berth. Going after forests patrols or APC crews mainly to get their NVGs distracts from the mission at hand and should be avoided in SP, but if I was playing in coop as a guy without NVG, I sure would consider it, as fighting blind is nearly impossible, and certainly not fun. On the other hand, ambushing NVG-equipped specops patrols in the dark when most of your squad is blind sounds like a recipe for disaster.

You described the visibility conditions as "low light." I describe them as NO light, except for a small bit in the sky, which can be used to your advantage in finding enemies in silhouette along ridge tops. It is pouring rain most of the time, and there is no moon.

Other comments:

In stealth mode, Russian troops are not whispering like they are in A2/OA.

Edited by OMAC

Just played Foray Blight solo - GREAT!

Task status was not displayed on debriefing screen again (this does happen rather frequently in other missions also; could it be related to the use of saved games in SP?):

b71e74177983513.jpg

and AI can get stuck in the walled gardens (?) of these buildings:

da0ef7177983507.jpg

An AI squadmate somehow got into the garden and couldn't get out. I even team switched to him, and there was no way out. I guess it's a modelling issue.

Edited by OMAC

Yo sander.

Make some more OPFOR missions bro. The VDV raid and the convoy ambush mission were awesome, but I think they are the only ones.

Thanks man.

Yo sander.

Make some more OPFOR missions bro. The VDV raid and the convoy ambush mission were awesome, but I think they are the only ones.

Thanks man.

I second Stagler's request.

And thanks for making these missions.

Brilliant missions sanders.

Completed the Le Port Beams mission during the CiA Coop Nights and got a nice little video clip of it

TuPUiRbkBK8&feature=youtube_gdata

thanks for the feedback.

---

Due to some changes incorporated in Demo 4 all existing missions have been updated and two new ones added to bring the total included in version 2.5 to 42.

co06_cwr2_dutch_foil.eden.pbo

co09_cwr2_adam_busters.adam.pbo

Dutch Foil has a raiding party intercept an armoured platoon and destroy an enemy field gun before extraction.

Adam Busters features an attack by an infantry squad on a village in order to destroy various important targets

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for the new mission pack, Sander! :D

Hi, Sander i have very strange bug with Adam Busters mission on new St Adam island. Its happend few times and i dont finish this mission.

Wenn we attack St adam village me and my squad sink under island and we land in water. I dont see island wenn i look up but i see russian units in air in place where st adam city is on map. Wenn i look south i see ship on water-KHE SAHN. Wenn i press Esc.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I dont have option to load game only to restart or save mission. This bug happens to me also few times wenn i was killed and i want to load game. Sudden my whole team sink under island. I dont know if its strange bug with mission or maybe something is wrong with this island. Or maybe i have bad luck or its something on my side.

I run cwr2 mod+2 new expansions for cwr2: NL and Uk soldiers.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Maybe its something wrong with part of this map (fields close to south-west part of St Adam village) i dont know.

Hi, Sander i have very strange bug with Adam Busters mission on new St Adam island. Its happend few times and i dont finish this mission.

Wenn we attack St adam village me and my squad sink under island and we land in water. I dont see island wenn i look up but i see russian units in air in place where st adam city is on map. Wenn i look south i see ship on water-KHE SAHN. Wenn i press Esc.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I dont have option to load game only to restart or save mission. This bug happens to me also few times wenn i was killed and i want to load game. Sudden my whole team sink under island. I dont know if its strange bug with mission or maybe something is wrong with this island. Or maybe i have bad luck or its something on my side.

I run cwr2 mod+2 new expansions for cwr2: NL and Uk soldiers.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Maybe its something wrong with part of this map (fields close to south-west part of St Adam village) i dont know.

I'm not sure why that would be happening. The Khe-Sahn part is quite interesting. What happens if you just load up in the editor and go to that area? I have no idea how the terrain or the mission could possibly cause the Khe-Sahn to show up though. Perhaps try loading up a different terrain first and then load up St. Adam. I will look into this too since I made the terrain. I have played quite a few times all over the city and fields and have never had that issue.

Additionally, if you could give me any other information that would help. Does it happen in the same spot every time? Does it only happen when you kneel or go prone etc.? Details like that would help. If anyone else has that problem too please let me know.

Edited by Jakerod

@Jakerod

Ok, i will try to play this mission few more times to see if i will have this bug another time. Later i will load this mission in editor. I will also load empty island in editor and i check this part of city. If i found something i write here or i send you PM. Maybe not today but i try to do this as fast i only can.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Ok, im know what is wrong.

@Sander

Its not a bug in your mission :)

@Jakerod

Its something wrong with whole St Adam island not with only that city.

Make a test.

Launch this island with cwr mod in editor. Put your unit and some other stuff on any place on island. Save mission with some name test1 or something. Now clik Preview key. Launch mission

Save game, move few sec. Save game few more times.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Now try to laod any saved game. After this all stuff from mission on St Adam island is teleported in air on Everon Island WTF :). After few seconds all fall from sky to water and ovcourse player die. Wenn i use only cwr mod after loading mission on st adam, everon island is loaded with all objects,units added to mission on st adam island. Very strange bug.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Wenn i use cwr2+cba+warfx blastcore after i try to load mission on St Adam island, all stuff was teleported to air on Utes island. Thats why i see few times before death Khe Sanh ;)

Jakerod maybe this bug happens only to me? I dont know.

PS:i dont have any errors when i unrar all archives with cwr2 so i think all files are ok.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

One more thing.

After all units are teleported to air on that 2nd island (for example everon), only units from player faction fall from sky. Opfor units are in air.

Ps: wenn i first time write that we sink under ground that was not true.

I just replicated the problem. Thanks for taking the time to do that entire walk through I appreciate it. I have an idea of what the problem might be but I will need to look into it further. I had never tried saving and reloading missions with it so that one would explain how I missed it. Thanks again!