Sign in to follow this  
Mobious

Throttle

This might be because it is a preview version.

Is anyone else having an issue with the throttle? I am using an X52 and it seems the throttle is either on or off there is no fine ajustments which makes it hard to land etc. I noticed that power is not applied until the throttle is beyone the halfway point then it goes all the way to 100% and goes to zero when I reduce it.

Did you set it to the analogue throttle/brake? I just had to set up the Z axis on my ancient Cyborg stick for the throttle and it worked smoothly, much unlike normal OA.

Screenshot here.

Yup got it. Still not 100% but i was able to land.

Thanks

WTF! I have no joystick - only keyboard and mouse. Is playing TKOH possible without stick? The throttle control using the Q/Z keys is totally hosed - I cannot land without damage.

HELP!

WTF! I have no joystick - only keyboard and mouse. Is playing TKOH possible without stick? The throttle control using the Q/Z keys is totally hosed - I cannot land without damage.

HELP!

need to land slow and not ram it into the ground, its delicate heavy machinery... ;)

And skids with less suspension than wheels.

It isn't really the throttle you are adjusting anyway, it is the rotor pitch itself. You need the brake part set so that the pitch adjusts to force the heli down. If you test it before starting the engine you can see the rotor blades adjust pitch in third person view.

The throttle seems to be only idle or full as far as I can tell, not read the read me yet.

Having pitch set properly is helpful for flying upside down. ;)

Thanks, Liquidpinky. Brake is unmapped by default, and I never used it in A2/OA, so I wasn't using it here. Big mistake. Brake is vital for landing.

What is brake suppose to be set too? the same as the throttle stick?

I think throttle/brake = raise/lower collective. Just badly worded.

So i should have just thrust analog and brake analog set to my Throttle stick, and not have it also on the increase decrease thrust? or have it set on both?

So i should have just thrust analog and brake analog set to my Throttle stick, and not have it also on the increase decrease thrust? or have it set on both?

thrust analog and brake analog set to your Throttle stick ONLY !

unbind the increase decrease .

Thats how I have it, just so odd, i can never descend.. takes me like 5 minutes to go down and i can fly for like hours on 0% thrust. if i do get it to go down its impossible to stay level, flopping out of the sky like a fish out of water

Thats how I have it, just so odd, i can never descend.. takes me like 5 minutes to go down and i can fly for like hours on 0% thrust. if i do get it to go down its impossible to stay level, flopping out of the sky like a fish out of water

Sounds to me like you don't have the brake part set up correctly with the analogue throttle.

Sounds to me like you don't have the brake part set up correctly with the analogue throttle.

Naah the game has some problems, I think that was caused from the payload hack -250, I use -125 now and seem to be doing ok now flying on expert mode with no auto trim

HELP!

Fly in EXPERT MODE.

You can then at least see some sort of throttle in top left using Q Z.

That message was ages ago, when I was a clueless ToH noob. That is not at all the case today. These are the bindings I use now:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1966105&postcount=166

Q/Z are barely needed now using beta 82503.

Try playing Ass&Trash on Veteran - it is awesome, and a great way to train and prove yourself:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121943

See my last post in that thread for screenies of the end.

Edited by OMAC

Try playing Ass&Trash on Veteran - it is awesome, and a great way to train and prove yourself:

Thank you for the feedback, glad you are enjoying it. I was wondering if any of the lift scripts would work? It might be fun to add in lifting an ATV or something for hovering practice, I certainly need it lol.

Ass&Trash:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121943

The throttle seems to be only idle or full as far as I can tell

This appears to be true, unless you also assign +/- thrust (Q/Z) in addition to collective and brake, as I do. In normal flying and landing with autotrim off (82503, Veteran), I don't really need thrust controls as much as I did in previous betas, for 50% "power" on the bar at upper left allows you to hover.

What exactly does the bar at upper left refer to? Lift? Increasing thrust makes it go up slowly, increasing collective instantly sends it to 100%. Shouldn't there be two bars, one for collective (lift?) and the other for thrust/throttle? Does thrust = throttle?

In the real game, when we have to do fancy lifting, I'll bet that thrust becomes much more important.

Edited by OMAC

In the real game, when we have to do fancy lifting, I'll bet that thrust becomes much more important.

The naming of the controls, and controls more generally, are a known issue. Current labels are legacy, and require replacement, which we're working on.

Unfortunately, as with many things in RV, it's not a simple case of renaming a string or two. ;)

We'd expect to have this small but important aspect fixed soon; however, it may yet not be compatible with the Comm Prev version.

Best,

RiE

Thanks for the update, RiE. I'm aware of the "throttle (analog)" vs. collective naming issue. So you foresee substantial changes to the entire control setup? I think that the controls work very well now using KB/mouse, but the difference between collective and "thrust/throttle" (Q/Z) remains unclear in terms of what is displayed in the bar at upper left.

Keep up the good work!

So you foresee substantial changes to the entire control setup?

Substantial in the sense that we need to make a couple of engine adjustments, without knocking on unforeseen changes elsewhere. :D

Right now, we're looking at better semantics, changes to defaults layouts, and evaluating ways to better empower the player to be able to adjust sensitivities. The Comm Prev has been useful in this regard, for feeding back player preferences into our analysis!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, that is, if you've got it free from work! :jail:

Best,

RiE

Substantial in the sense that we need to make a couple of engine adjustments, without knocking on unforeseen changes elsewhere. :D

Right now, we're looking at better semantics, changes to defaults layouts, and evaluating ways to better empower the player to be able to adjust sensitivities. The Comm Prev has been useful in this regard, for feeding back player preferences into our analysis!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, that is, if you've got it free from work! :jail:

Best,

RiE

Sounds good. Even now, the Comm Prev is a blast to play. Things work pretty darn well now, so don't break anything (;))!

Yes, I am off work, enjoying BIS products, and testing....

Have fun! I hope you are not at work on the weekend. On the other hand, having pre-ordered ToH, I hope you've got your nose to the grindstone to get us that product. ;)

Cheers,

OMAC

I'm even more confused.

I have the Polish version of OA, and simply have no clue what's what in the controls setting... and I'm speaking the language my whole life. Seriously, who came out with the bright idea to lock the language settings in OA prohibiting me from switching into one I could understand?

In the controler setting where the sliders are - those are labeled "zablokuj" which means "to lock" or "restrict (movement)" and I have no idea what that supose to be, are those deadzone adjusters? Axis center points? Curvature modifiers ? WHAT ?!

Ok, I'm off to take my crazy pills...

Edited by Sundowner
typo