Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Marines

What if it is possible to distribute/install mods without the steamworkshop?

Well in Garry's Mod it's still possible to manually install mods downloaded from other distributors after it went to Workshop. The same could apply to ARMA 3.

But I'm also betting that BI and Valve are working together to make sure that ARMA 3 doesn't have the same problems with Steam like ARMA 2 does.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

What if it is possible to distribute/install mods without the steamworkshop?

I don't think the issue is that he thinks Arma 3 addons will be Steam Workshop exclusive, but that IP rights don't exactly seem to be very high on Steam's priority list when it comes to the Steam Workshop...

Seriously, it takes all of about 10 seconds of searching to find something blatantly ripped or stolen in the workshop. :(

Example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127682564

Well I'm sure BI will make sure that the ARMA 3 Workshop category is moderated heavily.

Plus on the touchy subject of IPs, other companies handle their IPs differently. Others are strict, others are relaxed, others just don't seem to care.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

I'm not going to turn this into a steam discussion thread, there is already a thread about it.

Here's my thoughts on the matter.. I do not have a problem with Steam. My problem is with the Steamworkshop. Even if it has support, there is nothing to stop some random guy from stealing my work (or anyone's, for that matter) and publishing it on the steamworkshop under his name and not crediting the original author. This is my problem with ArmA3 and steamworkshop. Unfortunately I do not think they will be changing their minds on the matter. Steamworkshop isn't well moderated and there is a lot of stolen work on there that goes with no punishment. And that isn't cool. This is my opinion on the issue. It's not going to change. I'll still be sticking with the ArmA2 crowd after the release.

Anyway, that's the final post regarding the issue on this thread. Rest will be about the Force Recons.

http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/wip/fr3s.jpg

Is there a market for these? (Force Recons)

Absolutely. Your work is great. I have two suggestions. One: Can we have realistic packs for Force Recon. Like the packs on these guys

Secound can you make some Stiener Binoculars. Like these http://www.amazon.com/Steiner-15x80-Senator-Comp-Binocular/dp/B0002X7V1G/ref=sr_1_64?ie=UTF8&qid=1361577895&sr=8-64&keywords=steiner+binocular

those two items would really make any Force Recon unit epic

I'm enjoying these units very much (especially the mega-sized ILBE backpack :p) but could you please please please add vehicles using these units? Right now I either have to place all drivers, gunners etc. manually into each vehicle or mix them with vanilla USMC from ArmA2 :(

I'm enjoying these units very much (especially the mega-sized ILBE backpack :p) but could you please please please add vehicles using these units? Right now I either have to place all drivers, gunners etc. manually into each vehicle or mix them with vanilla USMC from ArmA2 :(

You could make your own config.cpp... I've done it before.

Tried that before, if only I knew what I was doing :p

Edited by Outlawz7

1 LOD, seriously?

Anybody have files with models, where more LODs?