faguss

Fwatch Request List

I'm working on the new Fwatch version and I'm currently halfway through.

Now I'm looking forward to your scipting command requests. Reasonable ideas will be implemented.

I'd probably have some ideas, but what can be requested? What are the possibilities?

Basically what is missing in OFP scripting and what can be done with C++.

Well, if anything is possible, I'd just request all the new scripting commands from ArmA to OFP, but here's what I'd most like to see:

- (set/get)vectorDir and vectorUp commands.

- A function to return the position character is aiming at.

- nearestObjects command, with the same functionality as the ArmA's command.

- attachTo command, with the same functionality as the Arma 2's command.

I'm not really into this stuff nor am I familiar with C++, so I don't know if those are possible at all, but meh.

As for the first one:

Getting unit information (health, ammo, dir) is perfectly possible but I would need help of someone experienced in memory hacking because I'm not an expert of it.

For the others:

That's a different level of programming. It has to be done in OFP scripting.

Edited by Faguss

Hello Faguss, thank you for your awesome work in OFP. I really enjoyed watching your videos about Fwatch capabilities.

Is it possible to either attach an extra camera to player or change the position of first person view (or third person view) camera so player could use 3D weapon model for aiming?

Again, that's OFP scripting. getPitch and setPitch would be necessary but for now I don't know how to do them.

Faguss, How about the ability to change skies - to simulate diff planets.

Replacing a texture? Currently no idea how to achieve it.

Would it be possible to return what surface is at the given position (ground texture) like the surfaceType command for ArmA?

If you find location of the map cells in the memory...

I'm keeping your advanced requests in mind. Fact that I'm not able to pull them off now doesn't mean that I won't be able to do them in the future.

Would it be possible to add a command to return the player ID, or is it already possible?

Would it be possible to add a command to return the player ID, or is it already possible?

The answer is no.

The number you see in "Profile edit" screen is nowhere to be found in the memory (encoded obviously). The address to dialog text that contains this number is dynamic and is written only once so I have no idea how to track the origin in disassembler (not mentioning that I'm not good with hacking).

Alternative would be to read cd-key from the registry but the path may vary depending on game edition. Poweruser said that reg reading is unreliable and in 1.11 I dropped taking user name from it. But even if I would implement this method then I'm left with a large number (30 bytes) and sending it in MP might be problematic.

A command like that would be useful in multiplayer to maintain somekind of player profiles in different sessions.

That's something I've thought about when I worked on ServerStats/MissionTracker. All those unique numbers: MAC, IP, GUID, CDKEY can be changed so I prefer login+password as the method of authorization. It could be done without Fwatch on client side. Ultimately in my scripts I only check if the nickname is the same. It's more convenient for coder and user but makes impersonation easier.

I bet this would be impossible, but is there any chance of creating a mouse acceleration using Fwatch?

:confused:

I bet this would be impossible, but is there any chance of creating a mouse acceleration using Fwatch?

A delayed reaction of cursor to your mouse movement. In Arma 1 and Arma 2 mouse acceleration takes effect while aiming a rifle.

Negative. I'm not even sure what's the practical purpose of such feature.

A function to return the position character is aiming at.

Well, at least

request was met.

This time I have request for you. I want to remove :file list for safety reasons. I plan for fwatch/mdb to be a more secure storage and fwatch/idb less secure and more flexible. If anyone has found usage for :file list that I don't know about and really need it then speak up.

Would there be a way to rise the water level beyond what's possible by simply changing the in-game date, even as far as to flood the whole island?

Doesn't work by date. I found the value which I believe is responsible for the position of the moon so by changing it I was able to raise sea level. Here's how it looks:

flooded_everon1_thumb.jpg__flooded_everon2_thumb.jpg

Water isn't rendered on the island and down there it's invisible.

Second value I found was the current sea level. After overriding game code I was able to modify it. Raising - same effect. Lowering - uncovers bottom thus increasing the land mass.

I will not implement these solutions to Fwatch (first I consider useless, second - too invasive) so you won't able to practice global warming. At least I got some nice screenshots out of it.

Hello. I'm assuming this thread is still or relevance so here's a few questions I want to ask:

- would it be possible to "dive" the camera below sea surface level with FW?

- it is possible to make the water surface "moving" sideways (it now only goes up and down) ?

- is there a way to "break" the 13-15 km invisible air limit?

Thanks in advance. :)

Theoretically nothing is impossible so it's a question of whether I can do it and the answer is "no". I don't know what's "invisible air limit" so please explain that one.

If I don't respond back then assume 'no'.

With "invisible air limit" I ment the invisible wall you hit at a certain altitude (c.a. 13-15 km) which prevents the aircraft from going further or destroys it if it flys at a high speed. Thanks for reply.

Hello,

Could you make a command that finds current values for rain, overcast and fog from the memory? Being able to determine these would be useful with dynamic weather scripts and effects depending on weather, etc.

And thanks for your work on upgrading Fwatch. It has been of great help on scripting.

There are no static pointers to the weather values in the memory.

Workaround would be to do what SoldierEPilot did: read initial weather from the sqm then use a custom script for changing weather (that keeps track of the values) instead of standard commands.

Yeah, that works fine when creating single missions. I was hoping to find a way for a mod to be able to recognize the weather, so some mod scripts could take the weather into account. Reading the sqm doesn't work if the mission is packed into a pbo-file or when it is not known if the mission is in the missions-folder or in the 'users\username\missions', right?

Hi faguss, first i wanna give you congratulations for this great work, i personally enjoy this project.

Ok, i want to know if you can make in any way a 3d sound comunications, cause if i not be bad, OFP in before versions have enable 3d comunications, like arma 1/3.