Sign in to follow this  
Lt Gunner

Trigger condition (rearm,refuel,repair)

I'm setting up a mission on a couple of aircraft carriers, and I want to be able to have fresh aircraft launching from the deck, as other aircraft are returning from combat to refit, and head back out into combat. The mission is also PvP, air combat, so i need a trigger for both sides.

Due to the nature of things, I cant really setup a trigger wide enough to get the returning planes into it, but keep it narrow enough that fresh planes don't enter the trigger and have to go back through the refit sequence when there is no point to it. Id like fresh planes to be able to pass through the trigger without notice, as well as prevent the trigger from attempting to refit aircraft that are buzzing the tower lol.

My main question is about the trigger conditions. I'm really horrible at this stuff, so I'd really appreciate the help. Its the only thing left to work out before my mission is ready.

This what I came up with looking at examples on the forum, but it doesn't work....

this && player in thisList && (fuel (vehicle player) < 0.9) && (speed (vehicle player)) < 5;

I have the fuel check in there, so that fresh aircraft aren't refitted, and the speed check so flying aircraft wont be refitted either.

Just one small mistake:

this && (vehicle player) in thisList && (fuel (vehicle player) < 0.9) && (speed (vehicle player)) < 5;

Player is a type of vehicle itself.

Thanks man!

Edit, that technically didn't work, but it was close and thank you for the help. This was what ended up being the successful condition parameter just in case anybody else ends up needing the same thing in the future.

this && (vehicle player) in thisList && (fuel (vehicle player) < 0.9) && abs(Speed vehicle Player) < 5;

Edited by Lt Gunner

What is the name of the game where aircraft carriers appear?

-