Sign in to follow this  
5LEvEN

Player Leveling

Why must everyone associate a feature to BF or CoD.

P.S. Just because a game has a leveling system does not make it a CoD or BF game....

And from where did you get the idea of the feature?

I was thinking by having a patch on your arm indicating your rank. Although yes the system would add problem to our usual gameplay... Although I don't see why not add this system, just without unlocks, so its just rank....

But rank is for leadership. I'd hate to have some fool who just rose in rank trying to take control of you. And I personally wouldn't wear rank, nor have a name... just a number. Sorry man but you're killing my immersion. :p

In terms of "Roles" or "Positions" being on your kit then why not. Have M or medic badge for medic on the helmet etc.

And from where did you get the idea of the feature?

Did you even read my first post? I personally think that is a invalid question anyways. As it is not what gave me the idea, but is what influenced me the most (CoD and BF are not the first games with a leveling system), and nothing influenced me the most.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

But rank is for leadership. I'd hate to have some fool who just rose in rank trying to take control of you. And I personally wouldn't wear rank, nor have a name... just a number. Sorry man but you're killing my immersion. :p

In terms of "Roles" or "Positions" being on your kit then why not. Have M or medic badge for medic on the helmet etc.

What do you mean a number? Yeah, that would be cool to have the option to have a M on your soldier if you are a medic....

Although yes the system would add problem to our usual gameplay... Although I don't see why not add this system, just without unlocks, so its just rank....

Yes, I read it, and now I'm reading you slowly back down from it. ;)

Yes, I read it, and now I'm reading you slowly back down from it. ;)

True... :D I was thinking more or less of what I would use it for... Not what some idiots would use it for... Like Rye mentioned how someone might try to command someone because of rank...

It could work if implemented properly, it's just about getting all the ideas on the plate and finding out which ones will work for Arma and then if people like those ideas.

The player ID and clan system is already perfect enough for ARMA2, all I expect the profile system in ARMA3 is more customizable character for your profile. And don't even mention the ranking/achievement/experience system ever, it's not about who is better, but who can actually play the game.

Doesn't seem like it would hurt if it was used on user servers rather than being a game feature, it would be kind of like having a more drawn out version of "gun game" in CSsource

Edited by NodUnit

all I expect the profile system in ARMA3 is more customizable character for your profile..

Good point, but are there other games that lets you use your own real pic? I wouldn't know myself.

Not specificly, since there is no customization on face or if you were to change your face in a texture you'd still get your face everywhere on any unit using that face, resulting in an army of you's running around...can that be counted as digital murder or suicide?

Im gonna counter his suggestion with something else:

almost every unit/clan in arma 2 has OP nights, where a scenario is formed and players work as a team to tackle the objective and succeed.

What I would like to see is a stat board that tells you:

1. How many OPs/training sessions you attended

2. A brief background about it (something used from the original briefing)

3. The outcome of the op (was it successful, failed, etc?)

4. Maybe a casualty list included

But this would suggest, that BIS aim for creating a server, where everyweek (or day) a mission created by the community/bis themselves would be hosted on the server, people would connect, and this would be tracked and played out, and would be saved into your play history.

but ofcourse thats asking a little too much.

Absolutely against this idea. ArmA is not cod or BF

we all know this is not gonna happen. what would be the gain? Show off? You want some arm patch, use a squad logo with whatever 10 start 1337 general rank you want

Who here really actually care about killing numbers?

lol this is very bad joke

Agreed.

Btw i remember in ArmA 1 the old good Evolution mission - where was Ranking thing , heh it was good with ace - no idea if there are some newer versions of it

Btw i remember in ArmA 1 the old good Evolution mission - where was Ranking thing , heh it was good with ace - no idea if there are some newer versions of it

For an example most domination servers use this ranking thing where you must play for a set amount of time before being able to use gear and stuff.

Why all those shooter fans want to have those ridiculous stats/medals/ranking etc in every game? Lonewolf-syndrom or other complexes?

Isn't it challenging enough to finish the mission with all of the teams+buddies alive and back in base?

If the mission is too easy try to change the parameters or ask the mission makers for more challenging versions. ;)

I like the level-up in Evo and have no problem if the mission designer wants it implemented, but the OP suggest there should be a generel level-up system which affects everything in MP. How would you reconcile that with user missions?

the first thing id do is make a mission with 10,000 re spawning enemy's,

give my self a 1000lb gbu firing machine gun and get a kill to death of 1 million.

also no, as this wouldnt work in most arma scenarios.

this is a great idea, all people love the idea of "progress" and thats why we can't stop playing at 3am in the morning "just one more go at this". Leveling is part of so many different games, like fallout, deus ex, battlefield.. many RPG and also classics like Heroes of might and magic.

So I love leveling, now we just need to find a game for it and the game isn't ArmA3.

I think it might be cool for arma 3 to have a MP leveling system. In the system you would unlock gear/weapons. It would not matter what MP mode you play, so both (pvp, coop, ect) will level your character up. It would distinguish veteran arma players from the grunts, and give everyone something to work towards (other than the main objective of the mission). The system would most likely resemble rainbow six's leveling system.

This is an extremely stupid idea. I hope I will never see this in ArmA ever (and yes I'm aware about Evo - I mean on mandatory basis like in that retarded OFPRR)

Why must everyone associate a feature to BF or CoD. Real life doesn't have a re-spawn, but that didn't stop it from being added.....

What respawn are you talking about?

Real men play without respawn

Edited by metalcraze

I belive the absent of leveling/+XP/Unlocks/Achivements and other 1337 stuff is what makes ArmA series what it is.