Sign in to follow this  
Choki

All the Bis game have Counter Strike sounds

:p the quality of the sounds in arma games are to low, not realistic, 0 Immersion. Why dont use Battlefield bad company, crysis 2 and other games using sounds very real and will dramatically improve the game.In a FPS sound is one of the most important things! :j:

A great sound engine like that in BF3 would be nice, but the sounds themselves are not too important as sound modders will fix this. Check out RWS and JSRS and combine the two for the best experience.

Yes but the idea is pay for a full game, not a made game by mods like A2

especially when they charge full price, for a game on day-1 that is basically an early beta ;p

yes, I agree whit Scubbo. Thats why Bis nedd to improve the Sounds and Pshiqics of the game

Woah you really butchered the word physics there. I'm ok with the sounds that come standard, they suck but w/e I buy Arma knowing it's not good enough to remain on PC on it's own, I buy it for the potential it gives modders.

I agree that sound (and optimisation!) is the weakest point of all arma titles. I would also like to have "full" game out of the box, and wait for moders to make it even better. Not a game that is a mix of superb and mediocre elements and wait for moders to fix those mediocre feats. ArmA 1 sounds were just terrible, ArmA 2 sounds were mediocre, so there is a progres in this matter, maybe ArmA 3 will finally have really good sounds.

PS. GAU-8/A Avenger sound in Arma titles is a blasphemy.

Optimization is a word that people throw around when they want more performance at no cost. It's fairy tale land without knowing what you're talking about.

Hi all

What Max Power said ^^^ plus one.

Kind Regards walker

Vanilla sounds in A2CO are the best they've ever been in BIS' games.

I really don't know what about them "kills immersion." The only thing I don't like is how many of the snipers and the Saiga-12 all have the same sound. :p

Also, few people seem to realize the costs DICE sunk into just the audio side of their recent Battlefield games. Much greater priorities to me than just sounds (hey, ArmA had horrible sounds and I still played it in a vanilla state for years!).

especially when they charge full price, for a game on day-1 that is basically an early beta ;p

Go ahead and buy a BF/COD game for the same amount and then do a comparison on what you get :rolleyes:

ArmA2 worked great for me out of the box, sure there was some annoying bugs from time to time but overall it worked fine(of course i had/have a computer that can handle it decently). Infact ArmA2 played better out of the box for me than it does now with all the patches that keeps breaking stuff.

I have to say, I liked OPF gun sounds a lot more.

Well airsoft (oh, I mean AK) sound really kills immersion. Scars a bit better, not much.

No need for BC2 sound quality levels but a bit better then this would be nice. L85 from BAF has much better sound for example. M107 not too bad either. So, little more consistency and it should be OK.

Optimization is a word that people throw around when they want more performance at no cost. It's fairy tale land without knowing what you're talking about.

Look around the forum and check how many people wants "performance at no cost". I'm ready to buy new PC for ArmA3 if only I can be sure that game will run smooth. So far from my observations, one have to wait ~2 years for hardware capable to run Arma games on high with solid, constant high FPS. If this is optimization, then yes, I'm the one "without knowing what I'm talking about".

An awesome sound engine would make ARMA soooooooooooooo much better!!

Though having said that, I haven't tried the sound mods, and if they're as good as the audio in BF:BC2 then I suppose it wouldn't be as big an issue.

yup, but not until I release CSM2.2:) I just need help with some hangups:confused:

:p the quality of the sounds in arma games are to low, not realistic, 0 Immersion. Why dont use Battlefield bad company, crysis 2 and other games using sounds very real and will dramatically improve the game.In a FPS sound is one of the most important things! :j:

13eDfrMgFQM

Battlefield Bad Company and Crysis 2 are the worst examples you could come up with. They are not realistic war simulators. The point of Arma isn't to make guns sound powerful, it's to make them realistic. And the guns in Crysis 2 aren't even real.

Weak gun sounds don't kill immersion, to be honest.

Get your facts straight, boi!

Look around the forum and check how many people wants "performance at no cost". I'm ready to buy new PC for ArmA3 if only I can be sure that game will run smooth. So far from my observations, one have to wait ~2 years for hardware capable to run Arma games on high with solid, constant high FPS. If this is optimization, then yes, I'm the one "without knowing what I'm talking about".

You forgot to add that you want to run the game on highest settings with no slowdown. The scaling options are there so you can optimize the game best to suit your tastes and your rig. So, instead of scaling the game with the tools the devs have provided for you to get adequate performance, you want the devs to pull a rabbit out of their hat. Bravo.

Vanilla sounds in A2CO are the best they've ever been in BIS' games.

I really don't know what about them "kills immersion." The only thing I don't like is how many of the snipers and the Saiga-12 all have the same sound. :p

It's because they're not loud enough, mostly. Some of the sounds are OK, they just don't pack any punch. The stock PK sounds like a typewriter.

Weak gun sounds don't kill immersion, to be honest.

The AK-74 causes widespread hearing damage to its users. Go fire one in game, hear the sound that resembles someone breaking a small twig in half, and tell me you can really imagine that being what you hear in real life.

oh god, BIS sounds are bad, yes, but comparing it with Hollywood-game ones? good lord

DICE sound designer admitted they go for more punch over the real deal, so it creates more dramatic response for the players

The problem is that there is no such thing as a real sound effect. Cameras aren't ears. You have to overemphasize to even remotely mimic the true effect of gunfire. The sound has to overprovide, because the shoulder bruises and smell of powder isn't there.

And for the record, CoD sounds are usually a dull, muddy thumpa-thumpa. Not a good model at all. Even with vanilla sounds, you average CoD firefight would be absolutely thunderous if re-created in ArmA.

BIS suggests that you should play with the sound effects turned way up to get the most out of their effects. I would love to, but my neighbours probably would not. :p

Yeah, ArmA is the best game ever.. has the best sounds. Go play BF or CoD you kiddie that you want better sounds. I am so mature.

You forgot to add that you want to run the game on highest settings with no slowdown. The scaling options are there so you can optimize the game best to suit your tastes and your rig. So, instead of scaling the game with the tools the devs have provided for you to get adequate performance, you want the devs to pull a rabbit out of their hat. Bravo.

The funny thing about Arma video settings is that it doesnt affect FPS that much :) I woudn't be complaiing if I could run it really smooth on medium. But it runs almost same on medium and high, so I prefer to make it look better if I have to deal with low FPS situations anyway.

The funny thing about Arma video settings is that it doesnt affect FPS that much :) I woudn't be complaiing if I could run it really smooth on medium. But it runs almost same on medium and high, so I prefer to make it look better if I have to deal with low FPS situations anyway.

You can make it heavy if you want. Arma scales upwards pretty nicely, people don't know about mah 2011 hardware. Get a new CPU if you can't run the most CPU intensive game in the industry.