Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

Is there a way to reset the window position to my primary monitor, without reinstalling? I had to unplug my secondary, but the window still defaults to the monitor that isn't there...

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Ticketed and added workarounds: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/21802#note-1

I can't find any xml file anywhere... :/

Edit:

Thanks for the help, though.

Edit 2:

The move thing doesn't work, it just moves the cursor to the edge of the screen and I can't drag it or anything.

Edited by b00ce

I can't find any xml file anywhere... :/

Edit:

Thanks for the help, though.

Make sure you're looking in the right folder

C:\users\{username}\appdata\local\SIX_Projects\Six_Updater_GUI.exe_***************

Or use the other workaround I posted in the ticket.

The user.config files?

Yes, sorry, their format is xml, :D

Edit 2:

The move thing doesn't work, it just moves the cursor to the edge of the screen and I can't drag it or anything.

Ignore how it looks, don't drag with mouse, once you click Move, you should simply hold the left-arrow-key on your keyboard for a while, and it should pop back in view.

Can't confirm it though, but moving the window that way works fine on single monitor.

Oh, lol. I'm computer savvy enough to know you don't just go around deleting random things in the AppData folder and I wanted to be sure. :p

What values do I have to edit?

Fuck it. Delete.

Edit:

Ignore how it looks, don't drag with mouse, once you click Move, you should simply hold the left-arrow-key on your keyboard for a while, and it should pop back in view.

Can't confirm it though, but moving the window that way works fine on single monitor.

Brilliant! Thanks, that worked.

Also, deleting the user.config didn't help.

Edited by b00ce

Did you delete all the folders in Six_Projects with user.config in it?

As it upgrades old versions it finds :P

Anyway, glad you solved it.

What's with the need to reinstall SU every time I launch it?
If you're in a loop, uninstall any installed SU version and install the latest version from the download section.

If you mean that upgrades do an uninstall and then clean install, this has technical reasons and they will be sorted out once 2.5 stable is released.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/21665

I have most things I use sorted. The two issues I have is :- How do I make the shortcut default not include the showscript option.... Maybe a tick box in the Options window would make it easier. The other is that about 30% of the time I get Not responding at the 50% mark... ie when you start... Is that because your sever is overloaded ? or something you are working on... Most ppl I help setup sixupdater have the same problem.. So it just could be me.. ;)

thanks...

p.s just updated to 2.5.1008... so can not comment on the Not responding with that version.

Still the same... ie if I see it open already at 50% in the bottom left window, odds are it will get a "not responding". Maybe it needs to start and wait a few secs before trying to initialize..... or maybe I need to just shutup... :o lol

Edited by gonk

I have most things I use sorted. The two issues I have is :- How do I make the shortcut default not include the showscript option.... Maybe a tick box in the Options window would make it easier. The other is that about 30% of the time I get Not responding at the 50% mark... ie when you start... Is that because your sever is overloaded ? or something you are working on... Most ppl I help setup sixupdater have the same problem.. So it just could be me.. ;)

thanks...

p.s just updated to 2.5.1008... so can not comment on the Not responding with that version.

Still the same... ie if I see it open already at 50% in the bottom left window, odds are it will get a "not responding". Maybe it needs to start and wait a few secs before trying to initialize..... or maybe I need to just shutup... :o lol

Please create a ticket with your log files; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Or use existing http://dev-heaven.net/issues/21835

Edited by Sickboy

Still the same... ie if I see it open already at 50% in the bottom left window, odds are it will get a "not responding".

Same for me, after 50% nothing more...

If I close the program then I get windows error message about Six Updater not responding.

When restarting the program it resumes init at 50% and works well most of the time :j:

Responded to both tickets and whipping up a test version to try out, so we can pinpoint the issue.

Same for me, after 50% nothing more...

If I close the program then I get windows error message about Six Updater not responding.

When restarting the program it resumes init at 50% and works well most of the time :j:

Please post your logs in the linked ticket.

I've got a question.

This isn't necessarily a bug, but Six Updater is keeping essentially two versions of all ACE mod files, and on an SSD with limited space, that's another few GB wasted. Is there any way around this? I used to use Yoma but it seems like that is mostly defunct now. It never needed to keep two versions to verify version. Any advice?

EDIT: Read the FAQ and figured out how to move the .pack files to a different drive, but still kind of annoying to have duplicate files for every mod.

Edited by MavericK96

Six Updater v2.5 RC7 Released!

This RC addresses issues with the Upgrade procedure, and improves software upgrade time and comfort considerably, the setup has been reduced in size by about 40%!

For full details, please review http://www.six-updater.net/2011/07/six-updater-v25-rc7.html

Hopefully closing this chapter with this RC becoming the Stable release.

Hey sickboy, just wondering if its possible to change the saved password for a server and how? Cant seem to look in the right places for an answer, thanks.

Server Browser, scroll to the right.

Edited by Sickboy

Having trouble getting my updater to actually put the mods in my install. My pack folder is on another drive separate from my SSD, and it downloads the mods fine, but doesn't actually export them to my install. So I end up with the folders etc, but not actual files in them, what's going on???

Having trouble getting my updater to actually put the mods in my install. My pack folder is on another drive separate from my SSD, and it downloads the mods fine, but doesn't actually export them to my install. So I end up with the folders etc, but not actual files in them, what's going on???

The Pack location should only contains the packed files, while the modfolders in your game/mod installation location should contain the unpacked files.

Need details, like what is your pack folder, what is your game / mod folder setting, are there any errors?

Your logs and perhaps screenshots would help too. http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Just tested;

Game/Mod path empty - auto detected from registry.

Pack path set to: C:\data2\arma2pack

I installed ACEX_SM. @ACEX_SM\.pack appears in C:\data2\arma2pack,

@ACEX_SM appears in my game folder, with .rsync subfolder with repo configuration files, and the modfiles appear just as expected as well.