Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

This looks very good, especially for the price! I couldn't believe how little it cost when I looked it up!

Indeed nice, but....

....what's the reason for including footage of 1939 Polish AT crew????? :confused:

if44.jpg

Indeed nice, but....

....what's the reason for including footage of 1939 Polish AT crew????? :confused:

Hinting at portable AT guns, perchance?

I don't know why they feel like using real footage. It breaks the immersion when you see the real and the game worlds together.

You're right Onlyrazor, the intention is clear, I was only curious why this specific (obviously unfitting) footage.

With tons of material documenting the ww2 Soviet Army there must have been some ZiS guns or whatever to use. Never mind ;)

I don't know why they feel like using real footage. It breaks the immersion when you see the real and the game worlds together.

I think what they might be doing is making a comparison, showing you or giving the idea that they have built/made the same

thing or weapon close to the real thing, and then show it off.

The Liberation Mod for OFP was pretty thorough in what it had, like almost every version of Russian and German tanks, and AT guns, and soldier,

vehicles and such you'd ever see, of course there was more out there but I seen variations of tanks and such that I never even knew existed.

I have a ton of screenshots still for that mod, i should post them in the OFP section.

You guys remember T_Roc, he created a ton of tank variations for the Lib mod, at least he sent me a pack, not sure if it went public though.

I still have the original Lib mod with all the latest patches, and with T_Roc's updates to it if anyone want it.

It might just be because that footage was easy to access. You see the same thing with documentaries, watch a few WW2 ones and you'll see the same footage repeated, mostly without much regard as to what they're talking about. For example, one segment could be about the air war over North Africa but they use BoB footage as background.

Is the helmet roll feature a new animation or does Iron Front feature advanced physics like in ArmA3? The flying soldiers at 0:45 also didn't seem like OA physics.

Is the helmet roll feature a new animation or does Iron Front feature advanced physics like in ArmA3? The flying soldiers at 0:45 also didn't seem like OA physics.

They got some new animations and NO they are not using Physx like arma 3

I think there are some physics effects on dropped helms, blowed up tank turrets and some other stuff. Anyway I don`t find ragdoll effects on dead bodies game-changing...

Hinting at portable AT guns, perchance?

I'd sure hate to be stuck with that 37mm, which that clearly is a screen shot of, trying to destroy the Russians in '44-'45.

See also the bonnet falling off this blown up scout car:

Could be set-piece but damn it looks like a physics implementation.

See also the bonnet falling off this blown up scout car:

Could be set-piece but damn it looks like a physics implementation.

We will finally see second part of that video this week. :)

Love the aerial shots of towns and villages; they actually did recreate real life objects there ;)

This reminds me of 2005 Brothers in Arms, the last time when i awaited a game so much...

If the tank system would be exactly like its announced, then definitely would be brix shat.

That Video was awesome!

And the commentary is clever and well informed, for a change.

And the commentary is clever and well informed, for a change.

Definately. I like the new armor system.

Awesome video. Didn´t understand anything meaningful from the commentary, but what you see already carries more facts than have been released so far altogether.

Nice touch that the author actually understood working with the editor, or at least got some help from the developers for a very good showcasing mission *thumbs up*