sxp2high

SP - WORKHORSE (A random generated Chinook transport mission)

An excellent mission, make no mistake about it. I have never been big on chopper missions (lacking a joystick and not having a strong enough computer), but this is just pure bliss. A very relaxing experience that is great downtime after combat missions.

Love the tasks, the sounds, the music (btw, what's that tune that plays during end credits? It sure is catchy), the general atmosphere. I am not sure if it's already included, but was thinking about whether it would add to the mission if there were small guerilla groups here and there, perhaps taking potshots at you as you're en route to targets.

Finally, it would be awesome, if more versions were made: for other maps, with selectable choppers. I know it's a lot to ask for, but one may dream.

Once more, this has really been an extraordinary mission that is ideal for relaxing. Thank you.

Finally, it would be awesome, if more versions were made: for other maps, with selectable choppers. I know it's a lot to ask for, but one may dream.

Once more, this has really been an extraordinary mission that is ideal for relaxing. Thank you.

Yes agree. Great mission. I love it. Its posible make a new mission whit Another map and more Choppers?

Thanks again for all the kind words. :)

Glad you enjoying it.

I will consider all your "requests".

Converting to a different map was already on my list. It's pretty easy and fast to do that. For other Helos types i have to create some different tasks but i will do it. Just don't expect it soon. It will take some time and motivation. :bounce3:

AThousandD, the Outro song is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svbxhTVASkE

:)

Very Nice men! take the time you need.

Thanks again for all the kind words. :)

Glad you enjoying it.

I will consider all your "requests".

Converting to a different map was already on my list. It's pretty easy and fast to do that. For other Helos types i have to create some different tasks but i will do it. Just don't expect it soon. It will take some time and motivation. :bounce3:

AThousandD, the Outro song is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svbxhTVASkE

:)

ehhh if u r gonna convert it to other island, hav u thought about this island? the most beautiful island mod ever...

Isola di Capraïa

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12961

if u r busy and a bit lazy i think i can do that for u, as long as u approve it i can even put it on armaholic after i m done.... but u should know that i only know how to copy n paste and some very very simple tweak. n hav no idea at alll how to work those cam...

really nice mission!

very professional.

hope later versions will have less AA soldiers at pick up points.

Using mando, I ran out of flares after the second task.

I really do like it runs so smooth and still have a lot of different situations!

as long as u approve it.

Approved. :D

Do whatever you want with the mission or any parts of it. Its just numbers and letters, i don't invented them, i just thrown them together in a funny way. :D

Hey sxp2high,

Been looking at Cheyenne's new SC_Mod that will be released soon

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125446

It would be SUPERB to have you guys working together, to make a mission like Workhorse for these new choppers.

If that doesn't come about, have you found a way to make this mission go on forever, with random tasks, random enemies etc ? I'm still playing it months after release !

Yep i saw those screenshots. Would be a pleasure to make a mission for it! :) So, i'm up for that!

If that doesn't come about, have you found a way to make this mission go on forever, with random tasks, random enemies etc ?

You mean more than 5 tasks and some more environment? To be honest i haven't touched the mission since release. Maybe i should :D

At the moment i'm working on something similar but with assault helos. Its beta currently and we're testing it on our dedicated. It's called Combat Aviation Operations. I'll release it here when it's done!

I'm still playing it months after release !

Me too :D

Please please do MANY more missions for the old Workhorse mate. It is SERIOUSLY a great mission.

Combat Aviation Operations sounds very cool too !

Having some system that randomises the task (lift, transport, medevac, bringing a cup of tea to the CO, etc) would be great. I could imagine using MSO with this to great effect (an full ambient environment would be cool !)

damn it, i was working for some days on a mission just like that. now i found this and recognized, mine (besides exact same concept) is not as cool and smooth as yours.

i salute to you, now i will play workhorse and dump mine :/ :D

Would it be possible to turn this into a co-op mp mission? If so: could I have your permission to try it out (was thinking about maybe adding another whole player crew with a different craft, different objectives, co-pilot to pilot script)?

Edited by mueller

XD it took me half years to get my lazy ares moving and convert ur mission to another map, clafghan where ch47 belong. well its 99% ready

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117090

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15580

i havn't send it to armaholic yet, still some editing to do and a rethink first.... but if u afraid that i hav turn ur mission in to shit and put ur mission in shame, i could surely send u a early preview... XD (its the same old mission just different map) bug free so far...

Edited by j rock

Fantastic news ! Will try it out when ready. Have you (or sxp2high) come up with other transport duties within the mission ? The mission was too short in the original and needed HUNDREDS of different types of mission.

I could imagine this being superb with MSO work around it!

I've ported this mission to Chernarus and the Russian side, flying a Mi-8 MTV. Still not sure if I converted all the western forces to the east and all the destinations are sane. While none of the destinations are in the middle of the woods, some are exactly at a treeline and such.

Also it seems the ION folks don't like to be on the east side, the following code doesn't spawn anything for me:

_Task25Group = createGroup east;
"Soldier_TL_PMC" createUnit [_SpawnPos, _Task25Group, "this allowDamage false;  this setGroupID [""Delta-8
""];"];
"Soldier_Sniper_KSVK_PMC" createUnit [_SpawnPos, _Task25Group, "this allowDamage false;"];
"Soldier_PMC" createUnit [_SpawnPos, _Task25Group, "this allowDamage false;"];
"Soldier_MG_PKM_PMC" createUnit [_SpawnPos, _Task25Group, "this allowDamage false;"];
"Soldier_Engineer_PMC" createUnit [_SpawnPos, _Task25Group, "this allowDamage false;"];
"CIV_Contractor2_BAF" createUnit [_SpawnPos, _Task25Group, "this allowDamage false;"];
sleep 1;

If anyone is interested in a preview, drop me a PM and I send you a link for download.

Fantastic news ! Will try it out when ready. Have you (or sxp2high) come up with other transport duties within the mission ? The mission was too short in the original and needed HUNDREDS of different types of mission.

I could imagine this being superb with MSO work around it!

no new task,,, i only convert it to the clafghan (when i say convert what i really means is copy and paste) sory i m a programing idiot, ther r only so much i can do.... and sxp2high had not thing to do with it, unless he wanna. i only got the go ahead form him half bloody year ago...

well if u think the orginal mission wasn't enough play again,,,, there r 31 task and 7 random location for each task u would hardly ever c the same task at the same location.... and to make it more long lasting the clafghan version would do the job natually cause the map is 4x bigger and the mountain is averging 1500 meter high so its gonna take u 4x the time to complete... (so long it could get boring some time and to make it worse LZ will get hell lot tighter)

Here's the current beta for the workhorse at Chernarus conversion, which I dubbed 'hip hip hooray'. You fly a Hip MTV from Krasnostav airbase on the well known missions from workhorse, modified to reflect the Russian side. I've added a radio menu (0-8) to set the number of sorties per shift and a debug menu to switch between the original workhorse missions and the new ones. You can find the latest daily build here:

http://tspindler.de/arma/missions/hiphiphooray/

It's my first attempt at mission modification, so any feedback is welcome.

Here's the current beta for the workhorse at Chernarus conversion, which I dubbed 'hip hip hooray'. You fly a Hip MTV from Krasnostav airbase on the well known missions from workhorse, modified to reflect the Russian side. I've added a radio menu (0-8) to set the number of sorties per shift and a debug menu to switch between the original workhorse missions and the new ones. You can find the latest daily build here:

http://tspindler.de/arma/missions/hiphiphooray/

It's my first attempt at mission modification, so any feedback is welcome.

hi nice job m8 had good fun playing with this mission.

for some reason on the cargo missions transporting this containers i am unable to lift them the lift cargo never comes up ban lift cars etc but the option never appears for the containers

hi nice job m8 had good fun playing with this mission.

Thanks!

for some reason on the cargo missions transporting this containers i am unable to lift them the lift cargo never comes up ban lift cars etc but the option never appears for the containers

This happens to me also quite often and usually exiting and entering the helo fixes it. Often I land right besides the cargo, exit, enter and when taking off the lift entry appears in the action menu. This work-around has also been mentioned in the Mission notes on the map screen, though I have not repeated it in the README. I wonder if there's a newer version of the R3F scripts that fixes this?

I think I fixed the problem with the cargo lifting. I've added

[_cargo] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\objet_init.sqf";

to the missions that use the lift script, replacing _cargo with the variable that holds the missions cargo. Probably it needs some more testing, if interested, a new version is at

http://tspindler.de/arma/missions/hiphiphooray/.

I've also created a similar helo transport mission for Vietnam: The Experience (VTE), beta available at:

http://tspindler.de/arma/missions/chickenhawk/

Now I need to figure out how to port all of this to ToH :)

I completed this mission today, thanks for your job. It ran flawlessly, by the way. I got some scratches while picking the US guys up, plenty of fun and nice NOE flights.

I finally gave this a shot today... Excellent port TeTeT!

Chernarus, as a Russian, with the Mi8 was a great experience! I'm already on my second shift :D

I also like your enhancements and fixes. Good job!

Highly recommended to anyone who enjoyed the original Workhorse! :thumbsup:

p.s. added link to your port to the OP

Any further on a Workhorse 2 sxp2high .. with hundreds of missions ?

Or failing that, a way to integrate it into other missions .... a workhorse module :)