Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

As I said in his thread, I checked the campaign files and have no problem either with the overview images. Not a campaign problem for sure, but also no ArmA one as they are obviously shown to anyone else.

I just completed Metal Militia and had a problem with the Air Support Console, in that every time I used the RC it said it was ingressing, then it said it was sending recon data and it would be available for 2 mins but no data ever appeared either on the Console or the Map. Almost straight after that message, it said the RC was destroyed so I don't know if it was shot down or self-destructed but as it had already said it'd sent the data and it would be available for 2 mins I don't think the fact it was then destroyed explains why no data appeared.

At the end, when it said enemy forces were advancing from the N & S, I decided to move up the hill to the W and defend from there but just as I got to the top (the rest of the squad was way behind as usual) I was alerted to a helo, which turned out to be friendly and I spotted some enemies by it as it descended and shot a couple (I think the helo shot some too) and then it said I'd kept the POW safe and completed the mission. Would have been nice to have more of a challenge here maybe but I'd already managed to get Blue killed so I shouldn't complain ;)

Regarding the screenshots below, I've never seen this anywhere before but I thought it was awesome, as it shows your squadmates' names and specialities nice and clearly (although the speciality text could be a bit bigger). Is this something you added, as I couldn't seem to get it to stay on a lot of the time and ended up with the standard green text or sometimes not even that? I tried toggling the various HUD/tag options under Difficulty but couldn't find a particular setting that got it to stay working. As the last three pictures show, sometimes I got both the new text and the old green text, which was rather a mess. Other times only the new text was displayed but it would stay showing long after I stopped looking at (or even in the direction of) the squad member and wasn't looking in the direction of any other squad member. If this could be made more reliable, I think it's the best thing I've seen for ArmA in a while and would make online MP much better if you could see your squad members names and function displayed like this just by looking in their direction, because IRL obviously you'd have trained with and know your squad mates on sight, whereas normally in ArmA it's impossible to tell who's who just from their appearance and the online games I've played, you have to point your sights right on the player and press a key to make their name appear and even then it's tiny and hard to see.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3531/arma2oa2012080722425162.jpg (320 kB)

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7775/arma2oa2012080722425982.jpg (297 kB)

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3862/arma2oa2012080722430164.jpg (256 kB)

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4143/arma2oa2012080722405439.jpg (291 kB)

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9867/arma2oa2012080722405943.jpg (286 kB)

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9628/arma2oa2012080722410539.jpg (269 kB)

Edited by doveman

Hey, i got my campaign working great! Good voice acting and good gameplay, a few glitches with the friendly AI though, but thats most likely an arma problem, one thing though, on Taki Secret Service, when you have to defend against the armor, my teammates wont target anyone and when i stand behind those hescos, i lose control of my body and have to struggle to move anywhere. Its damn near impossible to complete.

Edited by ThisIsZoid

I just completed Metal Militia and had a problem with the Air Support Console, in that every time I used the RC it said it was ingressing, then it said it was sending recon data and it would be available for 2 mins but no data ever appeared either on the Console or the Map. Almost straight after that message, it said the RC was destroyed so I don't know if it was shot down or self-destructed but as it had already said it'd sent the data and it would be available for 2 mins I don't think the fact it was then destroyed explains why no data appeared.

I've had some weird things happen with the Air Support Console, I'll see if there is an updated version.

At the end, when it said enemy forces were advancing from the N & S, I decided to move up the hill to the W and defend from there but just as I got to the top (the rest of the squad was way behind as usual) I was alerted to a helo, which turned out to be friendly and I spotted some enemies by it as it descended and shot a couple (I think the helo shot some too) and then it said I'd kept the POW safe and completed the mission. Would have been nice to have more of a challenge here maybe but I'd already managed to get Blue killed so I shouldn't complain ;)

There are supposed to be two squads worth of baddies coming your way and should attack well before the rescue copper arrives. Unfortunately sometime's AI get lost or stuck I guess. Are you using any third party AI mods?

Regarding the screenshots below, I've never seen this anywhere before but I thought it was awesome, as it shows your squadmates' names and specialities nice and clearly (although the speciality text could be a bit bigger). Is this something you added, as I couldn't seem to get it to stay on a lot of the time and ended up with the standard green text or sometimes not even that? I tried toggling the various HUD/tag options under Difficulty but couldn't find a particular setting that got it to stay working. As the last three pictures show, sometimes I got both the new text and the old green text, which was rather a mess. Other times only the new text was displayed but it would stay showing long after I stopped looking at (or even in the direction of) the squad member and wasn't looking in the direction of any other squad member. If this could be made more reliable, I think it's the best thing I've seen for ArmA in a while and would make online MP much better if you could see your squad members names and function displayed like this just by looking in their direction, because IRL obviously you'd have trained with and know your squad mates on sight, whereas normally in ArmA it's impossible to tell who's who just from their appearance and the online games I've played, you have to point your sights right on the player and press a key to make their name appear and even then it's tiny and hard to see.

Here is the forum thread where I discovered this awesomeness.

Hey, i got my campaign working great! Good voice acting and good gameplay, a few glitches with the friendly AI though, but thats most likely an arma problem, one thing though, on Taki Secret Service, when you have to defend against the armor, my teammates wont target anyone and when i stand behind those hescos, i lose control of my body and have to struggle to move anywhere. Its damn near impossible to complete.

Can you team switch to your team mate? (All of your teammates are playable)

I've had some weird things happen with the Air Support Console, I'll see if there is an updated version.

Thanks, I have found it can be a bit buggy when I've tried to use it in other campaigns/missions as well ;)

There are supposed to be two squads worth of baddies coming your way and should attack well before the rescue copper arrives. Unfortunately sometime's AI get lost or stuck I guess. Are you using any third party AI mods?

No, I was just using the recommended mods.

Here is the forum thread where I discovered this awesomeness.

Cool, thanks :)

The IED is around the marked area that looks like a pile of trash.

I can't find this either. There's a pile of trash behind the building (the bus being in front of it) but nothing comes up in the Action menu when I approach it or if I open Gear. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the mods I'm using has broken it. How can I force the mission to end so that I can try the next one?

Use cheats ;)

In mission press "Shift" and "-" then write endmission. You jump to next mission. Or in campaign menu "shift" and "-" and write campaign. You will have list of all missions. Choose next one and press restart.

Ps: write in google arma 2 cheats ;) for more info etc.

Well I tried the next mission and at the start the driver just runs over two civilians, who either get squashed or stuck on the windscreen for a bit, then after the briefing I can't get anyone to get in the second vehicle.

I tried restarting it without most of the mods I was using, even deactivating CBA in case that could somehow make things not work correctly but it didn't help.

@spotter

:) endmission and campaign cheats are my best freinds in A2 wenn i play campaign that has some bugs and i cant finish mission.

in fact, i had to use endmission in the last mission of this particular campaign. bad luck.

I finally finished this campaign a few weaks ago.

It was one hell of a ride, a really good campaign, I really enjoyed it and got mad when Archangel was killed. I got all my men through each mission beforehand, and now that damn Cruchev got him.

Some small things,

In metal Militia could you extend the trigger-zone for the Air Support radio call a bit?

I was approaching Sakhe via the western Moutain ridge, rather behind it, and attacked the FO from the Mountaintop west of sakhe, or rather the in dip in between both peaks. I then had to go down almost into Sakhe to Activate the Radio call trigger.

I then approached the Sar-e-sang pass over the eastern Mountain-top, after sniping some HMG teams. So I don't know if I missed some triggers.

Oh and I hadn't had to much problems with the enemy reinforcements at the end of the mission. I called in Air-support for the assault of the camp, and the Gunships sure took their sweet time getting there, they mopped up any infantry squads that I had by-passed. The F-35 CAS also bombed a group of enemies on the western mountain-top.

I would also reccomend that you put in the HC Force Move command into all missions, especially in the early missions, it helped when the AI went bonkers.

Ride the Lightning, if you call in the apache Gunships after nightfall, they won't do any damage, it's like they can't see anything. The Humvee however, is damn effective after nightfall. What I didn't like to much was that the Air support console was only availlable in the Humvee.

The communications officer in Avarice nearly drove me mad, since the AI got me caught countless times, but i was happy that when I got him. Mando's missile seems to have a problem when it comes to locking onto vehicles inside a hangar, I had to run back and scavenge some RPG-7s. Outlaw torn was great, and I finished it without killing a single enemy. I didn't go back to the crash-site though. The mission was great, it felt more like the old Ghost recon, and it was an exciting mission.

I liked the Namalsk missions, however:

I had to reload an earlier save since the AI went mad at the Saw-mill railroad station, two of them ran off, through the water, and lost all their equipment, I had to restart it two times, but in the end it worked. The AI also seems to hate the left road into the Railwaystation, since they walked out of the sheet-metal walls and then got held up by two mercenaries at the station, killed one after the other. I just went around the right, up the hill and sniped them.

I also got some error message when I used the six-updater version of Namalsk, something about missing factions, but the mission worked.

Oh and in Faith lost, you truly feel overwhelmed. The mission is scary and hard to survive, if you're playing it without using your brains.

And thanks for the mortar, it certainly saved the situation.

The way I dealt with the siuation:

I first shot some MG bursts at them to make them stop, then ran over to the mortar and dropped some rounds on them.

Then I tried that again, if I couldn't use the Mgs or Mk-19, I used the MK.17 RCO to snipe them. Kill some to get them to stop, but the mortar really won the day! ;)

I liked the ending, a fitting one and not like the Operation arrowhead ending, which seemed a bit strange.

All in all, this campaing is like the COD Modern Warfare 2 story done right. Not so rushed, with a believeable antagonist. In a way it was a flashback to the old days,

and playing games like ghost recon and Rainbow Six. Oldschool but well done oldschool.

Though a few more comments from blue, rivet and patches wouldn't have hurt. The voice over was great for the atmosphere, though when I started ST6 Devgru afterwards and heard my Character speaking for the first time, it was a shock! Whaaaa! What is chruchev doing here!?

Sierra Hotel!

Wolf out!

This Campaign is the standard! Simply awesome. Thanks, you are bringing honor back to Arma/OfP.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, glad you all enjoyed the missions!