Sign in to follow this  
Feint

Diving Under Water

Hopefully, I'll get the mod wrapped up soon though so you all can stop waiting on me to finish it. :)

We'll hold you to that :D

though we've been waiting since this time last year so a extra couple of months is nothing now :D

Hopefully, I'll get the mod wrapped up soon though so you all can stop waiting on me to finish it. :)

Been waiting for months,now I don't have exams so,when this finishes,I'll be on ArmA 2 everyday!

Been waiting for months,now I don't have exams so,when this finishes,I'll be on ArmA 2 everyday!

Well you will just have to wait longer, addon making isnt a quick process

especially module making, and editing the engine, especially for multiplayer compatibility.

So, I am sure everyone is dying to know, is this still going to be released before arma 3, or are we going to have to wait for the arma 3 alpha to come out before this module is released. Honestly I cant wait for this, can you say charter diving trips. lol

I don't know if this will satisfy your request, two posts in succession, but here it goes....I can't speak for Feint personally, but suffice it to say that if he had any new information to give out, he'd have posted it here or on his facebook page that follows the progression. I think you can search a few pages back and find the link.

We are all awaiting this mod seeing as how the RQ-11 Raven went pretty damn well. I am hoping that the SDV and the SCUBA divers that are being made will implement well into future missions that the community will create.

Let's hope that Feint is doing well, and that life is giving him a chance to return to working on this mod.

Sorry for the delay everyone. Work has been crazy for months and I've been working very little on this because of work and because I started a new comic website which is taking a lot of my evening time to draw new comics. I appreciate everyone's patience and personally am very annoyed when people miss their published release dates. I'll dedicate the rest of this week after work to Arma2 stuff.

Sorry for the delay everyone. Work has been crazy for months and I've been working very little on this because of work and because I started a new comic website which is taking a lot of my evening time to draw new comics. I appreciate everyone's patience and personally am very annoyed when people miss their published release dates. I'll dedicate the rest of this week after work to Arma2 stuff.

Don't worry about it Feint, we all have real lives. That is what comes first and should always come first, when you ready release your addons. Im sure the community will understand.

As long as we know you are still working on it rather than given up, i'm sure we all will have the patience to wait. It's just the lack of any information driving people crazy when they wait^^ Goodluck with further development.

is the project down?

It's under water.

Abs

@Abs- LMFAO

@mememe12- as you'll find out here in the forums, if anything was new or any progress on the mod was made, Feint would definitely keep us up to date. Patience friend.

It will be really great to see diving under water in A2.. Thanks :)

Any updates on this one, Feint? Hope your still working on it since it looks sooo goood.

Soooo awesome mod!!!!have to test it for sure!

It's been far too looooong a time for me, since I last checked out this thread, but I loved what I saw in the last two screenshots. The different screens for the diving device were very well done, with the "Low battery" image being brilliant. It's clear that you're trying to push this as hard as you can. Thank you for that, and I can't wait till it's released.

This is a great little mod, you can wonder about having a look underwater if it takes your fancy.;).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/arma2oa2012070920405332.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/arma2oa2012070920570793.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/arma2oa2012070920465487.jpg/

Edit: A little bit of underwater..

We did have a sub mod being made for A2 a while back, but I think BIS poached the maker for A3 ;).

Edited by ChrisB

So how is this mod coming along havent seen this thread forever but just went through every page and loving whats been happening pleaseeeee get this outtt so many great mods have been stoppped please dont let this happen to this mod!!!

it will be amazing ( having this and the future c-17 globe master) air dropping navy seals (wiht their boat or sdv) into the ocean, to go and destroy / kill people and ships!!!!!

legend has that Feint is back. Hope he'll place an update here soon too! :cool:

Yup, I'm slowly making my way back to editing. I've made some more progress on this project and I'm trying to fix the bugs that I'm seeing with fresh eyes after being away for a while.

The SDV makes travel underwater much faster. So I made this little video demonstrating some of it's features along with some features of the "Depth Mode" on the dive computer. This video also demonstrates the Limpet Mine and the dive watch.

Thanks for everyone's patience with this. RL and an annoying problem with my rig made progress very slow and annoying, so I took a break for a while to save some sanity.

A nice thing I figured out was that you CAN use this with ACE2 if you disable the fatigue system that ACE2 uses. Not ideal, but it will work with ACE2 now. I'm thinking of using the CBA Fleximenu system too as I think it will be easier when bobbing up and down in the water to interface with the Limpet Mines. I think it will sidestep the addAction limitations when mounted in a vehicle too so I'll be able to turn on and change modes on the dive computer when inside the SDV. We'll see if I can figure it all out. :confused:

v_o_1NWI3Qg

I was never really interested in underwater gameplay for arma 2 but this video has sparked interest. Really nice job.

I was wondering is it possible to make animations for underwater swimming a bit different as opposed to siming above water, because it looks like you are moving your arms around like you are above water.

Nice progress there. Well worth the wait, for sure. Yes, its true that the animation speed and the flailing arms look like someone (eg. myself :P ) diving for the first time, but it's may be a complicated job to replace those. Hopefully somebody *cough <Smookie> cough* could help with that, sometime in the future ;)

The sounds are easier to replace, however. I can dig around my own clips and ask around for some underwatery burbs and whatnot. Just let me know the file format and bitrate. I haven't been able to find any video with SDV propeller sound, but I'm sure it should be really quiet while running. Gamewise, it could use any suitably dramatic and sinister sounding propeller, as long as it doesn't sound irritating :)

Swimming movement underwater doesn't create much sounds audible to the divers themselves, ofcourse. Still, it would be useful for players to have some acoustic indication of movement, especially in midwater. I'll see if I can record and mix up some flipper kicks next time I'm down.

Good progress with the module! 6! 6!