minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

Minimalacoo, Robster, will this map make an appearance in A3 at all? This was a great map for A2 and would kill to have it in A3.

(sorry for the necroposting, mods)

Minimalacoo, Robster, will this map make an appearance in A3 at all? This was a great map for A2 and would kill to have it in A3.

(sorry for the necroposting, mods)

THIS +1! Would love to be able to play this map in A3 *without* AiA (although it's a good deal of fun that way too!)

After trying for hours today to get an A-10 off the runway I give up! AI don't like to taxi properly and won't engage full throttle until it's too late and they end up crashing into the trees. As a human pilot I can get enough speed to get off the ground but there isn't much margin for error. Is the runway too bumpy and that's what's causing the AI to throttle up, throttle down, throttle up, throttle down until they are in the last half of the runway?

Three years after it's release, for a completely different game version... this map has become my favorite map for Arma 3 :D I just wish I could get A-10s to take off and land reliably there.

After deleting the "colum_vertical_pond.pbo" file to get rid of the floating pond in the sky, I've ran into a similar graphical glitch around the same area it occurred the most. Has anyone seen this as well?

After deleting the "colum_vertical_pond.pbo" file to get rid of the floating pond in the sky, I've ran into a similar graphical glitch around the same area it occurred the most. Has anyone seen this as well?

Disregard.

Are there any plans to have Clafghan ported to A3 so it could be installed via play with six?

Again, it'd have to have the "colum_vertical_pond.pbo" file deleted as it doesn't properly translate in A3 but there aren't drawbacks at all.

I know I could just extract it into my A3 steam folder and sync it with PW6, but it always tends to bug out over time. And even after you delete it and try to extract it again, it still has the same problem.

@ Nullrick

Open the file, replace all pond related with dummy p3ds (from \A3\weapons_f\empty.p3d), pack it to pbo.

Now load it in a new modfolder and just make sure it gets loaded before the given terrain (aka more to the right in the modline).

Clafghan is hands down the greatest map ever created in Arma History \m/ i just ran it on Arma 3 using A3MP and it worked perfectly awesome :D good job Minimalaco & Robster ;) is there any other map like this?

the armaholic download link doesnt work for me. it always stops at around 100mb... :/

Can someone send me a working link?

Aaaand: do i need the hole A3MP to run this?

Or might All in Arma Terrain Pack work as well?

The Armaholic link works just fine. We had to change and test some settings on the server earlier so maybe your download was affected by it. Just try again :)

are there server keys for clafghan?

can anyone tell me how to get the town positions for this map the numeric numbers

can anyone tell me how to get the town positions for this map the numeric numbers

You could use ALive's civ/mil placement modules and then turn on debug. It will display the numbers for each town.

So.. I recently re-installed my computer because I bought an SSD and now when I try to download Clafghan from Play witSIX, it doesn't show up under Arma 3. I finally managed to glitch the system by having my friend share the download he had with me, but it keeps telling me its incompatible with the game. I have A3MP and A3MP Additional Map Pack, but still having issues. Play withSIX used to tell you all the required addons, but now I have to guess based on the errors that pop up on my screen when I launch the game. Any help?

is it just me or has anyone else noticed some strange / not-typical-BIS sounds on the Clafghan map? 

Video example attached - the difference will be immediately apparent in the opening 10 seconds or so of the video; 

With the recent release of CUP Terrians, this map is now fully working from what i can tell except the PONDs.  Anyone have a way to fix this?  I understand deleting the PONDS might be an option but anyone willing to release a hotfix or provide me details on what is required?  I have some photoshop experience so i'm willing to give it a shot!  Hopefully the MOD Owner is still around.

Using Clafghan w/ CUP_Terrains.  Removed the ponds.pbo but having the crazy looking sky problem that first occured w/ maps after the 1.60 patch.  

I know many maps released patches to fix the problem. Is there a fix for Clafghan?

Thanks