Any chance of a drivable sahrani?

it exists, just update your caa1 project with the six updater, and you'll be good to go.

By the way thank you very much marseille for that work, I've been waiting so long for this ! I noticed a few issues with the shadows with the CARS army, and the sla troops all have the same face. otherwise than that great job ! :D

Do you have ARMA 2 as well as Operation Arrowhead?

I have both two.

I also installed the new RACS mod, is it possible that RACS mod caused the bug ? :confused:

it exists, just update your caa1 project with the six updater, and you'll be good to go.

By the way thank you very much marseille for that work, I've been waiting so long for this ! I noticed a few issues with the shadows with the CARS army, and the sla troops all have the same face. otherwise than that great job ! :D

which server?

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

can u help me lad? i just downloaded sahrani via yoma, how do I update?

Two new addon packs for download in the first post.

1. SLA Guard Pack

The SLA vehicles in parade painting (like the soviet vehicles in the parades) and some Officer variations with helmet (as soldier without high ranks), beret or parade striped hat.

2. SLA Extended Pack

Some vehicles from ArmA 2 for the SLA. Milicia sector added with mor units like elite soldiers, policemen or vehicles with yellow paintings. Soldier in two other camos (olive and urban grey sla camo)

Thanks for these packs. top stuff.

The SLA are all set to invade chernarus :)

which server?

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

can u help me lad? i just downloaded sahrani via yoma, how do I update?

check your pm ;)

Good mods, thanks for all the effort. :soldier:

Hey thanks for the release of the pack Marseille77. :yay:

I'm having a problem animating the dress soldier with the helmut he doesn't switchmove.

eg guard switchMove "ActsPercMstpSnonWrflDnon_interrogate02_forgoten"

this works fine with other arma2 units.

Any ideas? thanks in adv

Got some feedback for ya Marseille77:

*Milicia BRDM-2 displays error in mission-editor unable to use/load ingame:" Bad Vehicle Type KPFS_Police_Elite_b " (displayed ingame without quote marks!)

--> This turned out to be caused by the currently set driver and gunner for the Milicia BRDM-2. Put empty on map, it works fine. It's clearly a crew issue..

*Guard soldier with helmet not displayed under group Opfor/SLA/Guard but Opfor/SLA/Personnel.

*Milicia UAZ (unarmed) found under Civilian Car, and crewed by SLA regular (green uniform) officer, instead of police/milicia unit.

And for last, a polite meant suggestion; Perhaps it's an idea to put armed Guards as secondary choice for all Guard-models currently displayed? They are Guards afterall; Usually IRL these are put to use to keep watch at high profile objects (palace/ministry,etc).

Most real-life Guards are armed with vintage weaponry.. For example: In the US ceremonial guards, and profilic-object watch-guards still use M1 Garand WW2 gun.

So to compare that to Arma-2 standards, my gues would be to use the oldest default rifle available, being the AK-47.

These units probably have only one magazine at hand; That magazine being the one loaded to the gun itself!

Where else would these Guard units put their spare magazines, without any webbing being around?

As for the addon-packs so far: I'm glad these came to be, and happy with all that has been released so far, but nonetheless I wanted to point out the stuff mentioned above. Just incase you wish to see your addons become even better, compared to what they are already. :)

Edited by Thani '82
Found problem of default crew, causing Milicia BRDM-2 to fail

Hi Marseille,

I've just checked the RACS package :) I'm so exited to have the RACS back on A2 Sahrani. However I noticed some bugs.

If you take a look at the windows of the RACS landrovers you might notice that they appear white from the outside. As you already mentioned on the download page, there's still the proxy issue in the M2 landrover.

While placing the AH-6 RACS in the editor I'm getting these error messages:

KPFS_AH6_RACS: MachineGun - unknown animation source gatling_1
KPFS_AH6_RACS: MachineGun_1 - unknown animation source gatling_2
Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helicopter/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret body mainTurret not found while initializing the model ca\air_e\ah6j\ah6j.p3d
Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helicopter/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret gun mainGun not found while initializing the model ca\air_e\ah6j\ah6j.p3d
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\air\data\optika_heli_tl.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\air\data\optika_heli_stred.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\air\data\optika_heli_bl.paa.

And somehow the AH-6 has become a two-seater with an invisible second pilot.

Maybe you can the M24 and the M136 into the ammo box as well? The would fit perfectly.

And finally I'd like to donate my M113 RACS Ambulance to you compilation: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10934

Keep on modding! I'm really looking forward to more releases and updates! :)

@ [GLT] Legislator

In my version of ArmA 2 the AH-6 didn't make some errors. Only vanillia A2 OA 1.59 - BAF/PMC DLC with my Sahrani modfolder at the time. It must be an error with an other addon.

In the pack is only the M113 texture include who change the Takistan Versions under new name. No Modell included. I've only the problem to converted the M163 Vulcan and the wrong medic sign.

I knew the windows bug I'm working on them. In the case of the proxys I think it's the fine different .01 and .001 at the ending.

@Thani '82

Thanks for your reply. The Police cars are in the standard packs with wrong soldiers because they was included in the original game as none visible

True, I loaded CAA1 as well. I'll have a look into it. Maybe by disabling certain other stuff the problems can be solved.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the landrover wheels are spinning in a weird way while driving curves. Do you also have this problem or is it CAA1 vs. your mod related too?

Edit:

I think I found my AH-6 issue. I accidently referred in my one of my own files directly to the base class and not to the previous unit class. Now your AH-6 is working for me! :)

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

I get the weird wheel on the front right wheel to.

Any chans you add some regular police units fore the racs side? Dont know if it was any in arma1 since i dident play it but it whould be nice if you added some any why;)

Just remembered another bug. The gunner of the M2 4x4 is standing on the ground insted of the back of the car.

@Legislator

Here thats my interpretation who I was worked after the SLA Police release.

racspoliceman.th.jpgracspoliceman2.th.jpg

@Grip

That bug with mg gunner was known - please read the readme...

In the RACS Extended Pack with police units I decided me for the Landrover of A2. I retextured him but I've found a bug by BIS. All over the models with hiddenselectiontexture feature. They made sometime a vehicle with two textures parts only with one camo selection. So had the Landrover for Taki Civilians wrong czech colored parts. In the wheeled_e.pbo there is also a "lr_special_red_co.paa" for the civilian version but the car could only change the mainhull without window or bumper parts.

They look very good. I can imagine them wearing M9 and MP5 all day long. As for the landrover I noticed that myself while I was trying to recreate the A1 landrover. Except for the Sahrani logo everything was created based on the A2/AO textures. There are some more vehicles affected, for example the S1203 Skoda.

km8Vvy.jpg

Are all rac soldiers black? I can't remember how it was in arma 1

There are some issues with the shadows of the US soldiers, I can see their shadows partially through walls and so on...

No, if anything the majority of RACS dudes were Hispanic, but there were certainly more black people in RACS than in the SLA, no doubt.

yeah SLA where only whites

I replayed arma 1 and saw those Hispanic guys, would it poossible to make this RACS here become also major Hispanic?

I don't think Arma II's faces have explicit hispanic faces. Also there was a fix back then with which you could disable black faces for RACS, or add them to SLA as well. It seemed illogical that a de facto one nation has black minority only on the south part, while there are none in the northern.

As I already wrote you, I have problems with the shadows...

If I would know how to take a screenshot, I would post one...

How can I do?

If I am a Black US-Soldier, my arms are still white.

Are you going to add Strykers to the US side plus some groups?